Stir in the garlic and chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Stir fry 1 to 2 minutes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into thin strips, 1/2 teaspoon Thai red chilli paste, or to taste.

It was pretty quick to make and would be great for a weeknight meal. When they start to sizzle, add the rest in and fry slowly over low heat for about 30 seconds.

Just want to make a great Thai meal? Khanom Tang Taek Recipe – Broken Barrel Candy, How To Cook Lechon Baboy: Roasted Suckling Pig, Thai Chicken Red Curry & Bamboo Shoots Recipe, Traditional Thai Desserts – A Wonderful World of Thai Sweets, Thai Sea Scallops & Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe, Thai Cooking Class – How to cook Thai food, Thai Ginger Chicken Recipe – Pad Gai King, 1 cup chicken, cut into bite sized pieces, 3 tablespoons scallion/green onion, cut into 1″ pieces, optionally you can add a cup of jalapeno peppers, The bulbs of 3/4 scallions, and some cilantro/coriander leaves for garnish. We use wafer-thin slices of chicken breast cooked with a healthy portion of fresh ginger, cloud ear mushroom, and green onion, all in a tasty sauce made with fresh garlic and black peppercorn. Great flavors. Serve immediately. Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.

Served with jasmine rice, this dish is bursting with fantastic flavors! I was looking for a pad thai recipe and liked the combination of ingredients in this one but made a few substitutions. Place the cilantro, jalapeños, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a food processor and pulse until combined. 1) Fry the garlic in the oil for about 30 seconds, then add the sliced chicken. Serve with the hot rice. Add the broccoli and snow peas plus a few tablespoons of the sauce. Used 40g of ginger, a touch of chilli and ribbon rice noodles stirred in at the end instead of rice... Great flavours, really lovely! I browned it in a pan with 1 tsp olive oil for 2 minutes on each side, and kept it warm on a plate. I made this last night for dinner. Add marinated chicken and stir fry until the meat turns evenly opaque, about 2 minutes. Loaded with tasty Thai flavors, this oven-baked stir-fry is a quick and easy dinner solution that’s faster than ordering in take-out.

Expert advice to identify and eliminate household odors. Add a few pieces of garlic. Flavorful but not well-loved by half of my family. Instead, the first thing I did was cut the chicken in pieces. © 2013 - 2020.

Planning to open a Thai restaurant? We often put in so much ginger it is around 50% of the dish. Add the sauce and stir until it returns to a bubbling consistency, then add the remaining ingredients, and stir until the chicken is cooked.

You can easily double this recipe to serve a larger group...plus it makes great leftovers. (It was 1/4 the calories of 2 cans of regular coconut milk and the flavor was awesome). Chicken came out super-tender. From Real Simple. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Thanks for the recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Turn off the heat and serve onto a plate immediately. Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ginger, red pepper, mushrooms, and onions. The fresh cilantro adds a nice depth to the dish. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.

Bring the rice and water to the boil in a saucepan. 07 Aug 2011 Stir in the garlic and chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Stir fry for 1 minute. Other than that it was spot on and the family loved it! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This simple dish will be familiar to many people—it shows up in Chinese restaurants as well.

Mix the fish sauce, soy and oyster sauce ready for use.

We really enjoyed the results. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Arrange the ingredient so they look nice, and garnish with whole green onion. Sprinkle Thai pepper powder over the dish and serve your Thai Ginger Chicken recipe over Thai jasmine rice, or in a serving bowl with other Thai food recipe dishes.

If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Sprinkle Thai pepper powder over the dish and serve your Thai Ginger Chicken recipe over Thai jasmine rice, or in a serving bowl with other Thai food recipe dishes. Please note that some people like to eat the ginger, while others don't but like the flavor it gives off. In fact, I used one can of LIGHT coconut milk, which cut the calories for the recipe tremendously! Oops! The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified.

Only thing wrong with this recipe is there's never enough leftovers! Bring to a simmer. I will use zucchini in place of the eggplant when making this. Gaeng Hang Lay Curry Recipe.

I used beef instead of chicken about 1/4 c ginger doubled the oyster sauce and fish sauce and used about 1 tsp Thai roasted red chili paste. Instead of using Jasmine rice I used half of a 227 gram pkg of rice pad thai noodles soaked in hot water for about 10 minutes or until soft.

Fry for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.2) When the chicken is nearly done, add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Very tasty made it just as is except for the chile paste. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11240/thai-ginger-chicken-with-rice--gai-pad-king-.aspx 2 cans of coconut milk is just way too much!

2 cans of coconut milk is just way too much! Please note that some people like to eat the ginger, while others don't but like the flavour it gives. Grind the black pepper until it is well ground, but not too fine. When the chicken is nearly done, add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper.

With the high amount of sodium in both the fish sauce and the oyster sauce there was no need to add extra salt so I omitted it.

I also did not add the bell pepper because we do not care for them. I couldn't find Thai red chile paste so I used Thai red curry paste which provided a nice amount of heat to the dish. The entire dish was wonderful! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I made this last night for dinner.

Cook the chicken stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.

Offers may be subject to change without notice. There isn't any sauce which was a bit off-putting but it worked for this dish.

Please try again.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), Loved this dish. (the chicken cooks thoroughly as does the sauce with it, so no worries about contamination.). Bring to a simmer. Serve with the hot rice. 491 calories; protein 30.2g 60% DV; carbohydrates 68.3g 22% DV; fat 9.9g 15% DV; cholesterol 64.6mg 22% DV; sodium 376.2mg 15% DV.

this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.

The flavor is awesome!

Clean and peel the fresh ginger root, then cut or grate it into very thin julienne slivers until you have about 1 cup of prepared ginger. -  My husband says it's just like the restaurant...maybe even better? Chicken needs to be cooked and then added to meals to prevent a problem with salmonella. Recipe tags: chicken base, moderate difficulty, main, chicken… This is one of the best Thai recipes on this website. I don't need to try this recipe to know its right just wanted to offer some more advice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.

If possible, try to get young ginger, which has a … I did change just a couple of things: (1) for vegetables I used one red bell pepper one yellow bell pepper snow peas green onions and mushrooms; (2) I used extra oyster sauce instead of fish sauce; (3) I did not use extra salt; (4) I cooked the rice separately; (5) I reduced the fresh ginger substantially - ginger is not a subtle flavor and would be too strong if one really used 1/2 a cup. Dissolve the chilli paste in the chicken stock, then add to the chicken mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with coriander leaves to garnish.

Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Get everything ready before you start cooking. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Cook the rice according to the package directions.

I use a little less red bell pepper than called for and used Thai Red Curry paste rather than the chili paste (just what I had in the fridge) The prep is time consuming but well worth the end result.

Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 7 minutes. Feasting may look a little different this year. The only change I made was to double both the fish sauce and the oyster sauce after giving it a taste test.

Real Simple may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Can be made with shrimp instead of chicken. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved.

Recipe by dicentra.

I only had chile garlic sauce so I used that. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This recipe is SO YUMMY!

Add the onion and eggplant and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Real Simple may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this email on this website. Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. SERVES: 4. Add oil and swirl around, then add onion, ginger, and chili. I decided to try some at home.

Privacy policy, Used 40g of ginger, a touch of chilli and ribbon rice noodles stirred in at the end instead of rice... Great flavours, really lovely!