The author uses a similar style of writing along with rhyme which adds to the effect of the text.

The cleverly written letters from/to characters such as The Big Bad Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood and Humpty Dumpty offer intertextuality which helps create powerful links.

The resources and presents in the letters are wonderful; jigsaw, board games and a pop up Christmas cards all which children can complete themselves. Each one is unique and has some sort of activity associated with it, whether it is a little book to read, a game board you can use to play with, or a puzzle.

This book was very traditional because it had a good variety of all of the different fairytales. 4 Buy The Jolly Christmas Postman Online. A delight for kids who love to engage with books.

I had lots of fun with this book, which I used over several days in Reception for Literacy. September 1st 2001 Probably should have read this last night but my youngest daughter, Scarlett, wasn’t complaining either way.

We’d love your help. 4.1 The Jolly Christmas Postman; 4.2 The Jolly Postman; 4.3 We're Going on a Bear Hunt; 4.4 Jolly Pocket Postman (Viking Kestrel Picture Books) 4.5 Love Letters from God: Bible Stories; 4.6 Dear Santa, Love Oregon: A Beaver State Christmas Celebration―With Real Letters! Helpful. I love the Jolly Postman and his fun deliveries..this Christmas edition is filled with humor and fun surprises.

On his back he carries a sack bursting full of letters, cards, and presents that he delivers to all sorts of well-loved characters from different traditional tales and nursery rhymes. While I’m fully aware that is a book aimed at young children it is an essential part of my Christmas. The Jolly Postman books are a hit with my reception class for this exact reason. One of my favorite Christmas books!

Each letter, map, puzzle inside provides opportunities to explore different text types and the opportunity to ask questions to aid comprehension such as ‘why.

Each one is unique and has some sort of activity associated with it, whether it is a little book to read, a game board you can use to play with, or a puzzle. My favorite part is when the postman has to drop off Christmas mail at the Wolf’s Den, and it was a pull-out flyer warning others of the wolf dressing up like Santa. There is something about books with flaps/pockets that children just can’t get enough of. November 2018 - Ben was instantly a fan, especially of pulling all the mail out of the envelopes. The illustrator utilized watercolors for her cartoons, and I think that this medium was used because the colors are soft and transparent. 2 people found this helpful. This book is awesome, and all of my kids loved it, and so did I. Wonderful story of the Jolly Postman bringing Christmas letters to beloved fairy-stories' characters, with charming and fairly unexpected presents tucked in the envelopes as well.

What a gorgeous Christmas book! Achetez neuf ou d'occasion On his back he carries a sack bursting full of letters, cards, and presents that he delivers to all sorts of well-loved characters from different traditional tales and nursery rhymes.

Noté /5. Refresh and try again. Children could create their own pop Christmas card, links to DT. He was particularly pleased with the tiny book and the Humpty Dumpty puzzle. Funny Christmas, Festive Jolly, Holiday Christmas... 2020 Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas... McKellogg 1 Roll of Christmas Sticker Holiday... 32 Pages - 09/01/2001 (Publication Date) - LB Kids (Publisher), 40 Pages - 09/05/2019 (Publication Date) - Walker Books (Publisher), 52 Pages - 10/31/2006 (Publication Date) - Viking (Publisher), 40 Pages - 08/26/2014 (Publication Date) - Zonderkidz (Publisher), 32 Pages - 10/01/2019 (Publication Date) - Familius (Publisher), 32 Pages - 08/31/1992 (Publication Date) - Egmont Childrens Books (Publisher), 32 Pages - 11/12/1999 (Publication Date) - Ted Smart (Publisher), 5 Pages - 09/01/2016 (Publication Date) - Cottage Door Press (Publisher), 40 Pages - 10/07/2008 (Publication Date) - Margaret K. McElderry Books (Publisher). This book presents itself with lots of of different learning opportunities from recalling character names and the stories and rhymes they come from, to writing Christmas cards, Christmas lists and letters to Santa Claus. My Grandma read this to me every year when I was tiny, then I could read the easier words and she would read the difficult bits and then when she found out it would be her last Christmas she got me my own copy so I could continue to read the story each year. Yet again another gem! This book is a great, festive holiday treat to any children five and under because the interactions of the book can include all kids. On his back he carries a sack bursting full of letters, cards, and presents that he delivers to all sorts of well-loved characters from different traditional tales and nursery rhymes. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published

I absolutely love this book, another favourite for my sister and I when we were younger. The illustrations helped to contribute the meaning of an adventure because each mail recipient had something for the reader to open. Every year the book gets retrieved from the attic and I read it and then Christmas has begun.

Great illustrations and fun story, but the true star of the show are the letters. This book is a follow up book to the Jolly Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. As he travels along, he delivers letters to Humpty Dumpty, the Big Bad Wolf and the Gingerbread Man. And not forgetting the opportunity to appreciate the fabulous job our postal workers do at this busy time of year! It celebrates what Christmas is all about. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”, Hardcover Book; Ahlberg, Allan (Author); English (Publication Language); 32 Pages - 09/01/2001 (Publication Date) - LB Kids (Publisher), LB Kids; Hardcover Book; Ahlberg, Allan (Author); English (Publication Language); 32 Pages - 09/01/2001 (Publication Date) - LB Kids (Publisher), Zonderkidz; Hardcover Book; Nellist, Glenys (Author); English (Publication Language); 40 Pages - 08/26/2014 (Publication Date) - Zonderkidz (Publisher), Hardcover Book; Everett, Forrest (Author); English (Publication Language); 32 Pages - 10/01/2019 (Publication Date) - Familius (Publisher), Holly Berry-Byrd (Author); English (Publication Language); 5 Pages - 09/01/2016 (Publication Date) - Cottage Door Press (Publisher), Used Book in Good Condition; Hardcover Book; Karma Wilson (Author); English (Publication Language), Jolly Pocket Postman (Viking Kestrel Picture Books). The Jolly Postman is delivering letters all over the town to different fairy tale characters, and not just any letters, Christmas cards.

It was cute & I loved meeting all the little fairy-tale characters. What a charming, sweet, and, well, jolly book! THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. I love this book and read it every Christmas! The interactive features are a definite plus!

Each letter comes in a different size and shape, and can be taken out of its stamp-addressed envelope and read out aloud in class. Definitely a new favourite in our house and I am sure it will be a story that makes an apperance every December for a good few years to come. Each letter comes in a different size and shape, and can be taken out of its stamp-addressed envelope and read out aloud in class. A Christmas tradition, read every year when the kids were younger. As the postman bring Christmas tidings, the reader is invited to open letters, read postcards, assemble a puzzle, and more!

Still, something was missing. There is something about books with flaps/pockets that children just can’t get enough of. The Jolly Christmas Postman is an amusing tale that follows the journey of a postman doing the rounds on his bicycle on Christmas Eve. A very Christmassy book! Start by marking “The Jolly Christmas Postman” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Welcome back. I thought this story was good in theory, but I feel like it was lacking something. Christmas Songs: Interactive Children's Sound Book (10 Button Sound) (Interactive Early Bird Children's Song Book with 10 Sing-Along Tunes), Bear Stays Up for Christmas (The Bear Books), recomendations of The Jolly Christmas Postman. It’s one of my favourites and even as an adul. (Now if I can only keep them from losing all the letters - ha ha! Entertaining tale of a postman making his rounds at Christmastime. by Little Brown & Co (Juv). =|. Comment Report abuse. Creative! Ho Ho Hope you all read this book and love it like I do. The Jolly Christmas Postman is an amusing tale that follows the journey of a postman doing the rounds on his bicycle on Christmas Eve.

I love Christmas and I love this book, especially that closing picture! CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. A holiday version of the classic Alberg books. In the book, I see the postman surrounded by lightly painted snow, and each envelope is addressed elegantly to the fairytale character. The Jolly Christmas Postman is an amusing tale that follows the journey of a postman doing the rounds on his bicycle on Christmas Eve. The illustrations etc are lovely and I highly recommend. This book had quite a few humorous moments which I thought were a real hoot (the mini-story about the piggy bank with criminal tendencies being a classic). Sensitive! One of our very favourite Christmas books!

Every year the book gets retrieved from the attic and I read it and then Christmas has begun. (Now if I can only keep them from losing all the letters -, The Jolly Postman is delivering letters all over the town to different fairy tale characters, and not just any letters, Christmas cards.