I myself had wondered in the beginning the same thing but because I was under the impression they were swimming but realized they were just sitting next to it so it made sense. I wish he had realized it six months earlier.”. I am a retired civil lawyer with some knowledge of the English criminal law and I would think that here Peterson’s conviction would simply have been quashed given the perjured evidence presented at trial. Shame America, shame. Why would he trade one junk science for another? Thanks again. Somebody made a comment in the series which said something along the lines of ‘in crimes like these there is no such thing as coincidence’ and that always stayed with me. And that, at the end of the day, is the key question in this case – what caused the injuries to Kathleen Peterson’s scalp? You lost the initial case because the DA’s office was able to present your team and your client as outsiders. Appearantly the dysfunctional justice system is not only in my country…You did more than you could.

I know it would have been a huge risk to let him testify. And maybe this is his way of dealing with serious issues, but in my opinion it was uncalled for.

I was worried that the jury would buy more into the judgement of the prosecution; and the moral-oriented closing statement of the prosecution. Thank you for all your hard work in trying to put the criminal system right. Very strange indeed. Prosecutors have ridiculed the claim, and Deborah Radisch, who conducted Kathleen's autopsy, says it was unlikely that an owl or any other bird could have made wounds as deep as those on her scalp. and I wear a big ol’ hat on this here pumpkin. Jesus all these clowns that are suppose to be professional’s including the Judge were such an embarrassment I could puke.

This week Murder Friends covers true crime news plus a review of the podcast Fake Heiress and two brothers who won't let crime get between them. [30] In July 2014, Peterson's bond restrictions were eased.[31]. Falling downstairs also kills people. (Shocking, we know.) The guy was on some kind of anti-depressant medication (hence his weird aloofness throughout the doc). I truly enjoyed your dedication and your precise, articulated and eloquent way of presenting, which should have been more than enough to have a ‘not guilty’ verdict in the first place. In December that’s a pretty nice day, maybe not in the south but I know from living in PA that we normally don’t get that luxury of having a day that nice during that time of year. That is common knowledge. Personally, I believe Mr. Peterson is innocent, and after watching the documentary it’s nice to hear that you still would have had reasonable doubt and not votes to convict him. Microscopic owl feathers were found along with some of her own hair in Kathleen Peterson’s hand — “hair that was pulled out from the root of her head,” Pollard told a Durham TV station.

What you find out being in close proximity with these birds , first and foremost , is how Huge and Dangerous their feet and talons are. Best of wishes from Japan. I’m not convinced that this man is innocent, as there are still so many lingering questions. This case is so complex and fascinating. I think a DNA test should have been done on the two adopted daughters as one is the spitting image of him! 3. To the Peterson family may you go forward loving your Kathleen and living out peaceful lives as would so be her wish. The biggest names in country music — in one room, in the middle of a pandemic. Henry Lee, however, had testified at the trial that the amount of blood was irrelevant, as the blood spatter indicated most of it was coughed up rather than from the wounds themselves. We were totally blown away by you and your team’s investigations and professionalism and we routed for you through the whole series.

I grew up in a small North Carolina town much like Durham.

Blind justice?

If it wasn’t for Rudolf. Forensic tests revealed that it had been untouched and unmoved for too long to have been used in the murder. 2. Can we talk about the Owl Theory? Per the “theory,” she was attacked by the owl outside the house. This week Anna shares the sensationalised murder of Travis Alexander and why you probably don't recognise his name. You wouldn’t do that anyway on someone who was still breathing (which she was when he first made the call to 911). Why should the case in Germany be admissible?

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-staircase-michael-petersons-911-call.html?m=1. Do evidence and empiricism mean anything to you… to anyone, anymore? The Staircase: Season 1 (Trailer) The Staircase: Season 1 (Podcast) The Owl Theory (Extra) Episodes The Staircase.

On February 1, 2007, Caitlin and Peterson settled the wrongful death claim for $25 million, pending acceptance by the courts involved; finalization of the settlement by the court was announced on February 1, 2008. Obviously I owe that to the film, but it could’ve been made now instead of then and done as much good, and less harm. All of this raises doubts.

It’s unpopular but really do believe it. peer pressures. I just saw the Owl Theory and it certainly makes perfect sense to me. Apologies. Unconscious leads to loss of blood, and does not suggest death by rapture necessarily. Everyone needs to realize that this is not abnormal behavior for Prosecutors! There they befriended Elizabeth and George Ratliff and their two children, Margaret and Martha.

A gifted young singer becomes an instant sensation on a popular talent show. I wonder if any other residents/tourists nearby or in the state have suffered an owl attack and had similar head injuries. It doesn’t happen a lot but when it does, and if you can get photos, you’ll see it’s identical in outcome and severity. The DA’s office knew actually how to talk to the conservative Southern law and justice mentality (which goes for Black and White) , and your team did not. The facts and evidence were almost secondary. The way he rough played with his grandchildren made me feel uneasy and he was old then but still had plenty of power ti throw them around .

“You were … The body was then transported from Texas to Durham. Thank you for allowing me the chance to view this case.

I understand how both sides feel. As I watched that scene (and heard your comments after), I couldn’t help but have the same shiver down my spine! Make sure to catch Part 2 next week!

I wanted to mention that it wasn’t necessarily only due to the fact that she was on the other side of the house. The bottom line is that Mike Peterson is able to live the rest of his life with the family members who love him. That last statement he made to one of the girls regarding someone else in his family f***ing up was the nail in the coffin for me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21793475/. I believe you were attempting to refer to the THYROID cartilage, a.k.a.

We’re all dying to know more after all.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the masses. Beautiful loving and calm family.

He was out by the pool in his shorts in 50 something degrees? If he did hear anything, why wasn’t it mentioned or brought up.

This week, Alanna shares the story of Canadian serial killer Gilbert Jordan and how he used alcohol as his weapon. I feel so bad for Micheal’s kids. Two brief questions.

No CPR administered 5. But in 2003, none of us considered whether any of those scalp wounds might have been inflicted by a bird of prey. Dear David, like many I watched The Staircase with interest.

Also, owl attacks of this nature are not uncommon: When NBC’s Dateline covered the Peterson case, they found a local man whose attack by an owl was caught on surveillance cameras. The Petersons had dinner with Ratliff and her daughters, and Peterson had stayed and helped Ratliff put the children to bed before going home. [3] He attended classes at the law school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.