But he said what mattered most of all the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting –, -Mary Oliver, “Wild Geese” (more on this poem here). Beautiful.

Remembering this special dash Because firstly, as both a GM and a choir singer, my best effort makes up part of a greater whole. 1.

These fragments I have shored against my ruins. Every game is a kind of magic we create together, and that could only be created by those people at that time. So, think about this long and hard.

These fragments have I shored against my ruin (The unauthorized apologia) Skip to content. on the shore fishing.

set of paradigms to those of the Western world; they offer a glimpse It’s also important to note the verbs here – These fragments I have shored against my ruins.

Damyata.

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), These Fragments I Have Shored Against My Ruins, The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, The Death of the Author: Maybe Read Another Book – The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, Fauré: Requiem – The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, Book Review: The Steep Approach To Garbadale, Book Review: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Death of the Author: Read Another Book. And they will not be washed away. Love is thicker than forget Living like that makes everyday life so high-stakes and removes the possibility that there is a certain pre-ordainment to the way things unfold.

See our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

I guess I like a mix of wandering and appreciating where I am. Shantih     shantih     shantih. All rights reserved. Secondly, the image of barrenness – the land is still dead, despite the fact that lilacs are growing out of it. I love these. It was the ghost ship that didn’t carry us. +This floaty nightgown might pass as a “caftan” for the post-dinner/pre-bed hour or two when Mr. Magpie raises an eyebrow to pajamas…. I love the Highlights feature on my Kindle for exactly this reason. At 20, I interpreted this line as These fragments I have shored against my ruins. Back in 2016, I found myself at the beginning of a familiar pattern – I was cutting myself off from the world again.

I spent a lot of time with T.S.

and, as the ray of sun on hanging flowers You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Men forget that, while the evidence on which we believe must be intelligible in order to produce rational belief, the proposition evidenced may be in large part unintelligible and yet be most manifestly true. (Please share in the comments!).

So I took the book outside and read it all the way through, sitting on the steps in the usual northern gale. Joy matters. The following line, when I first read it, startled me right off my seat, and led me to the incomparable Mary Oliver: “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”. Required fields are marked *.

I had no one to help me, but the T. S. Eliot helped me. Late to this lovely party but mine are: “Listen, there’s a hell of a good universe next door; Let’s go,” from e.e. A miracle is the first time you touch your child’s downy skin; it is every time you hear her laughter. They’ll hold you together for a while, but how long until they fail?

Post-Modernism,

And here, T.S. Gourmet Gifts for Loved Ones (Or Yourself). and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart, i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) These fragments have I shored against my ruin T. S. Eliot Murder in the Cathedral This is one moment But know that another Shall pierce you with a sudden painful joy.

Delight me. Oh my. I love love love all of these! Beautiful, beautiful. Love that quote. These are the things I have chosen to try to hold myself together.

Scribd will begin operating the SlideShare business on December 1, 2020 But tonight, after a long journey: rest.”, Is your quote from the book Less? If you continue browsing the site, you agree to the use of cookies on this website.

cummings ‘pity this busy monster, manunkind,’ (I have it framed in my son’s bathroom), “There is such a thing as a tesseract,” from, of course, ‘A Wrinkle in Time,’ and the first sentence of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. And always try to understand For you never know how much time is left

Then you begin, slowly, to read the whole story.”, –Mary Oliver, “Breakage” (more on this poem here), “She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”. he will then surrender, although he still fails to understand the Love that expression from the Gibran poem; been turning it over in my mind for awhile. important that the last words of the poem are in a non-Western language:

Only in this case, the flotsam and jetsam he uses are pieces of poetry, excerpts from books, bits of cultural phenomena gathered across the expanse of dozens of canons. I don’t know that I can make peace with the “Sliding Doors” mentality, that there are all these “other things” and “other paths” and “other realities” that could have / would have been. These fragments I have shored against my ruins. Oh, I love this and I love her choice of word — “magic.” I know just what she means, too — those moments that startle you out of your headspace and you find yourself floating around thinking how good it is to be alive. Living With The Graphic Arts Loan Collection, The Languages of Berkeley: An Online Exhibition, Joseph II, Volume II: Against the World, 1780-1790, Bringing It to the Table: On Farming and Food, The Politics of Subversion: A Manifesto for the Twenty-First Century, Blackout, Blowout & Beyond: Wole Soyinka’s Satirical Revue Sketches, The Burden of Memory, The Muse of Forgiveness, Global Financial Database is not available to proxy users, Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License.