However, some pieces are …. In style it reminds me of Encre Noire, however in character it has nothing to do with it. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Jasmine scent does not differentiate a lot from the other white flowers, except the fact that it can be perceived a bit animalic or musky. Something I look for when I buy a new fragrance, it’s the originality. recently. Whatever mega-expensive fragrances he's come up with ends up reminding me of something else which has already established its status in the market for long. But it isn't ground breaking. As others have said, it kicks off very powdery. These Are the Best Questions to Ask Your Crush Over Text. Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2019, When I purchased this on Amazon a few years ago the product was absolutely fantastic. First of all, this is not marketed as a unisex fragrance. I understand the Habit Rouge comparisons, but everything is so harsh and synthetic. In fact, not only does it fail as a mainstream fragrance, it makes me want to reevaluate the Tom Ford line's other work. The reason why I am restricting it to 25+, it’s because even if this fragrance is on the sweeter side, this is a classy fragrance that it’s made for people with a certain level of finesse and maturity. I want people to ask me what fragrance I am wearing because it smells really good and they never smelled it before; I want to impress! Also, this fragrance is very rich and heavy, and wearing it during a bright sunny day would lose its v…

Subscribe to our mailing list and be the first to get new posts and updates directly to your email inbox. Just not quite to my tastes.

Secondly, you won’t impress anybody if you smell great but you have a big yellow stain on your shirt.

This one has grown on me over the months, however. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Unfortunately, I suspect this product is a counterfeit. Tom Ford seems to prefer chypre and oriental compositions for men, but Tom Ford Noir (2012) is a little more complex than that.

Far too sweet for me.

My family always comments on how they love this fragrance on me. This page works best with JavaScript. Tom Ford's homage to Guerlain's Heritage. These two notes are so well blended with the sweet oriental notes that you can’t really name this fragrance only oriental or only powdery. A VERY dark, dense, smokey, sumptuous scent. The opening of Tom Ford Noir Extreme it’s like an explosion of scents at your face. Well that's the last time I buy before smelling.

I've read the Habit Rouge comparisons and they're on point, but on my skin, this is almost a dead ringer for Burberry Brit for Men. It lasts all day long with one spray. This is such an attention-grabbing perfume that you don’t actually need it during a normal day.

It's a good overall scent, but it's missing some oomph. I mean if you don't own Habit Rouge EDP then this would be a good alternative by HR EDP is better. My problem is not with the presence, but the nature of drydown. Add your review of Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford, Hypnotic Poison Eau de Toilette by Christian Dior, Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum by Chanel, Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani.

You can wear Noir Extreme during the day, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The box is a golden color and textured with vertical lines that you can definitely feel if you touch it.

The more aromatic, herbal green versus Tom Ford Noir Extreme. But unfortunately, it is not the same product I have tried at the store. Of course, there are women that would enjoy this fragrance even on the dry down and that’s totally okay. There really isn't much to note about the EDP, as I find the differences minimal. basically?...this is "Shalimar Pour Homme". But make no mistake, this is a nicely projecting scent that has its own character, without the resemblance to Spicebomb which TFNE has.

I got my bottle inside a black cardboard bag that had almost a leathery texture with just the golden “TOM FORD” written into it. Waste of money.

I tried to wear it at work but I figured out really soon that this fragrance it’s not meant for this type of situation. Tom Ford Noir Extreme Review – The New Standard of Luxury? I really love this cologne and I will recommend it to gentleman that likes to smell good. Somewhere down the line either the seller, manufacturing batch, storage/shipping of the product is affecting the product in a negative fashion. Your email address will not be published. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I wish I could have my money back and buy it at the store because I really loved this cologne fragrance.I don't know if the reason of the weak potency is because the product I have received maybe is one of those old stored products, I really don't know, but I am sure it's not the same of the store and I am not satisfied with it. Tom Ford, like Roja Dove, makes some modern things but by and large likes reinventing the wheels first cast by perfumes that came before, but unlike Roja Dove, Ford doesn't fold in a nauseating degree of decorum or adorn bottles with gold-plated crystal-studded caps to justify a price beyond reason (even if his lines are a bit pricey). disappointing, low sillage and low duration.. Armani Eau de la Nuit revisited! This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). I will try to picture what this fragrance makes me think of, and let’s see if I can grab your attention with that: “It’s late evening, in a Mediterranean hill, somewhere between Italy and France. As many have said, this is not the most surprising or bold of perfumes, but to my nose it is a pleasant one.

It is powdery and dark, yet sweet at the same time.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I'd call this a male floriental, which for those who know what a floriental is, probably sounds fascinatingly anachronistic or a disaster in a bottle. Even though the Noir Extreme has very good longevity, when it comes to the projection, maybe it loses some points. We use cookies to improve your experience and to show you relevant advertising. According to Fragrantica, the Perfume Pyramid is composed by Mandarin Orange, Neroli, Saffron, Nutmeg, and Cardamom as Top Notes. Taking into consideration that most fragrances do not last very long on me, I consider the longevity of this perfume a beast! The presentation of the Tom Ford Noir Extreme is one of the best I have ever seen, period.

Each year the fragrance market is flooded with new releases and new flankers. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

I get a respectable 6 hours here. Not every fragrance of course, but generally fragrances tend to leave stains on clothes, especially dark and strong ones. In my opinion, Tom Ford was inspired by this dessert and wanted to give to the Noir Extreme this exact scent profile. Tom Ford Noir Extreme is definitely a cold weather type of scent. In order to reach the overall score we use a combination of expert product reviews, customer feedback and a range of other criteria, including brand reputation and 3rd party review scores.

While it's not a sillage monster, it is a quite refined, modern scent. I don't really want to smell like an old lady. Your email address will not be published.

Cardamom is much more noticeable on this fragrance, but if you pay close attention, you may get some whiffs of pistachio and rose too, just like I got.

There is still a strong presence of the white flowers mentioned above (mandarin blossoms, neroli, orange blossoms) and to this group is added a new white flower, jasmine. The wood notes are bone dry, dark, earthy-metallic. Worn 3 times and already sold the Tom Ford to a coworker. There is no other fragrance that smells the same or at least that resembles even a just bit the Tom Ford Noir Extreme. This is such an attention-grabbing perfume that you don’t actually need it during a normal day. The market is filled with fragrances that seem to smell all the same, and we rarely have the chance to experience a new fragrance that has almost nothing in common with the other one hundred sitting on the shelf of the store.

Taking a look at Fragrantica’s Table of Performance, I can confirm it is almost spot on! Tom Ford Noir Extreme Eau de Parfum scored 9.8 in our review which makes it one of the top products available in the Fragrance category. What can really be considered “a game changer” on the Tom Ford Noir Extreme is the addition of something called Kulfi. Tom Ford Noir Extreme literally takes me on a journey. After 4 hours or so, it becomes a close encounter scent and after 6 hours starts becoming a skin scent. Men’s Guide on How to Wear It, How to wear Chelsea Boots with a Suit – The Conundrum Between Boots and Suits. Tom Ford Noir Extreme smells like something that came from the past but in a good way. There is something subtle in the scent that reminds me of a cigar store.

The only dark part of Noir is the patchouli that becomes more pronounced over 1-2 hours in.

is a new, neutral color story that includes two matte shades and two subtle, shimmer shades. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. A very well dressed gentleman is sitting at a table facing the sunset, surrounded by blossomed mandarin and orange trees.

Basenotes is an online guide to perfume and fragrance, featuring news, features, a database of fragrances, , fragrance forums, user reviews and more. He is eating a sweet and creamy dessert while talking and flirting with a lady dressed in a red dress sitting to the table next to him.

Every time I put on that opening though I forget about all of that and just revel in the smell. Reviewed in the United States on June 22, 2018, Took along time to arrive, but this is the best men perfume i have ever smell, i like it so much, Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2017.

Also, this fragrance is very rich and heavy, and wearing it during a bright sunny day would lose its value. I’ve read many online reviews about Tom Ford Noir Extreme, some of them being very positive while others being very negative. Since I have Habit Rouge EdP which better it's a no go for me. It really looks like they are putting a lot of effort into justifying the price with the whole experience and the presentation screams “expensive and luxurious” right from the beginning. If ever there was an example of "try before you buy" from the house of Tom Ford, this would be it, as the development is long and top notes here do not indicate the majority of the scent's personality in a full wear, which is a trait it shares with the classic perfume genre Tom Ford Noir emulates. Wish I could give it 0 star. If it was just for the opening, it could be perfectly marketed as a unisex fragrance and nobody could have argued about that. …, Let’s face it: When it comes to skincare, we all tend to neglect our hands.

You can wear Noir Extreme during the day, but I wouldn’t recommend it. I don't see the point in buying it when you can get Habit Rouge, which this is a clear copy of. This exact note makes me think of Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. It starts off chemical then it goes into Habit Rouge territory with the vanilla but more synthetic and more sweet. The weather starts to get colder and a light breeze can be felt in the air, carrying all those smells and accompanying them to your nose.

He is known for creating amazing fragrances with the combination of unusual, exotic and weirdly put-together notes that sometimes make no sense in being all at once in a perfume, but what’s more strange is the fact that his fragrances are all a work of art and Tom Ford Noir Extreme makes no exception. Original purchase was a great product. If this isn’t luxurious then what is? If you spray it on your clothes, it might seem like the fragrance is lasting for hours and hours or even days, but believe me, it doesn’t project as well as on your body, because the clothes are, well, cold, while the heat from your body helps the fragrance to project better.