! After mixing up and proofing your crazy dough you simply roll it into a rectangle, generously spread it with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. © 2020 Taste Buds Entertainment LLC. In the morning, press the dough down and pull it away from the sides. Add the remaining liquid if you need it. Enter the Bold Baker Challenge for a Chance to Win a $275 Gift Card! That mouthwatering aroma comes from the company’s trademarked Makara cinnamon, yeasty dough and a brown sugar center. Allow the cinnamon roll to cool for 15 minutes and then spoon over the cream cheese glaze. And it being no yeast makes it perfect to make during these times. When you think of cinnamon rolls, you’re sure to think of a sweet yeasted dough stuffed with cinnamon sugar and covered in a sweet glaze. *Yogurt: If you are using Greek yogurt just note that it is much thicker than plain yogurt so you probably will need a little extra for your dough to come together. The glaze really absorbs into the giant cinnamon roll and uses cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Best. Uncover the pan and bake the buns for 40 to 45 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown. It’s time to let the magic happen. Sounds delicious. Thank you for your sweet treats and fun videos! Pair your roll with a glass of homemade lemonade like they’d serve at the mall. Start baking bread no matter your experience! You should have a thick sticky dough. As we enter week 7 of quarantine, you’ve probably had your fill of cereal, oatmeals, and healthful yogurts for breakfast. Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese. The unmistakable smell of fresh-baked cinnamon buns can steal us away from shopping every time. I’m sorry it’s taken me this long to find your site. I have a 6” casserole pan and it baked up perfectly. It sounds crazy I know, hence the name Crazy Dough! The glaze really absorbs into the giant cinnamon roll and uses cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. There will be no left overs to store. It is just irresistible! (Music) Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls Hi Bold Bakers! Wow … another excellent recipe.. bake this today, my husband had 3 at one go! This will definitely become a favourite. Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a narrow margin around the edges uncovered. More than 100 million deliciously fluffy Cinnabon buns—dripping with cinnamon, brown sugar, margarine and cream-cheese frosting—are sold each year. From the widest edge, tightly roll the dough into a log. Enter the Bold Baker Challenge for a Chance to Win a $275 Gift Card! But believe me it is 100% possible. Baking powder will be your raising agent in this recipe, and the yogurt or sour cream will help hold the dough together. Now that’s big. Hello, I let my crazy dough sit in the fridge 1 day. Yeast might be tough to find, anyway. Thank you. Since it is thick, you will need more for the dough to come together. All rights reserved. The link to Goodcook.com no longer works, thus, I can’t find this recipe? Preheat oven to 350°. The foundation of your cinnamon bun is the tender dough. Thank you. Gemma’s Pro Tips To Making A Single Serving Giant Cinnamon Roll. THIS is more than amazing. There is just something irresistible about the buttery cinnamon goodness. Gemma, when making the crazy dough, do you knead it before the first rise? Here’s what happens when the dough is rising! Add the majority of the wet ingredients into the dry then gently stir until just combined. Punch down dough and divide in half. It’s the perfect size for all kinds of baked goods – from tarte tatins to upside down cakes! | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy. Gemma Stafford Cinnamon Roll Dough 1cup(5oz/142g) all-purpose flour 2tablespoonssugar 1 1/2teaspoonbaking powder 1/8teaspoonsalt 5tablespoons(2 1/2oz/71g) butter 1/3cup(2 1/2 oz/71g) … As a professional chef and Bold Baker, I love to find new ways to transform my favorite recipes and take them above and beyond. Cover with a kitchen towel. Can I put my skillet in the fridge until Im ready to bake it the next day? <3. Instead of making an entire batch of cinnamon rolls, you only make one BIG one — but it still doesn’t use any yeast. The yeasted dough takes time to rise (or “proof”) and develop flavor, and is well worth the few hours it takes. To re-create the experience at home, use our Cinnabon cinnamon roll copycat recipe. Now I’m taking it to the next level and simplifying classic Cinnamon Rolls. My glaze is super simple and perfectly whips up while the giant skillet cinnamon roll is baking. Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. The cold butter will cut into the flour, like when you make a rough puff pastry, giving you flaky layers and incredible richness. In a separate jug combine the yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Thank you as always . Beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt until blended. If you don’t have, or don’t eat, eggs, check out my. Once cooled remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack . While they are baking make your glaze: In a large bowl (or you can use a hand mixer) beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla together with a whisk until well combined. Here’s what happens when the dough is rising! Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), then butter a 6-inch round cake pan or oven-safe dish. No cinnamon roll recipe is complete without a thick layer of sweet and tangy glaze! My rolls were fatter. . amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Once the strips of dough are braided within the skillet, I let it proof once more so that it grows into the most impressive giant cinnamon roll that you have ever see. (Did you know cinnamon has health benefits?) So cool to have him on your crew. I wonder if it’s the yeast I used. • Thank you. This recipe calls for plain yogurt (or sour cream, which you can always make at home with my sour cream recipe!) Add more flour if needed. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Sign up for my FREE weekly emails and join millions of other Bold Bakers in the community for new recipes, baking techniques, and more every week! Hi Gemma ! And, well, maybe a little sticky from the incredible cream cheese glaze. Spread your cream cheese glaze generously over the cinnamon rolls. I have sat for a few days looking at your recipes, trying to decide which to make first. Join millions of other Bold Bakers. I do this easily in a large stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Set aside in the fridge while making the dough. Here is official permission from me to indulge while you deal with working from home, homeschooling, and, in general, just self-isolating! In a separate jug, combine yogurt (or sour cream), egg, and vanilla. Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the dough. Thank you Gemma. Help spread the word. Made this today for Fathers Day.. Looks impressive and tastes amazing. I am telling you – this showstopper is well worth the wait! Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Enjoy straight away! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere! Greetings, Gemma! This looks very good. than a traditional yeasted cinnamon bun dough. No problem. Instead of making an entire batch of cinnamon rolls, you only make one BIG one — but it still doesn’t use any yeast. Enjoy immediately! ☺️ And of course, George is such a cutie! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Did I do something wrong. Baking powder will be your raising agent in this recipe, and the yogurt or sour cream will help hold the dough together. After your dough has proofed comes the fun part – rolling out the giant cinnamon roll! If baking in a cast iron pan is something you’ve never tried before now is the time! Hey Gemma, I really wanted to try the amazing recipe this evening but I’m out of yogurt….could I substitute the yogurt for 1/4 cup of milk?? Start baking bread no matter your experience! I am gluten free and was able to just swap out for my Gf flour mix. do you have to drop the degree of the oven by 25 if you are using a convection oven. Whether it be for breakfast or dessert you and your family will love these Crazy Dough Cinnamon Rolls.