The 94-year-old naturalist’s follower count raced to seven figures in four hours and 44 minutes. She didn’t start Instagramming until a year later, and at first just followed the usual celebrities.

In her absorbing book, No Filter, Bloomberg News reporter Sarah Frier charts how an app that started as a creative outlet for photographers and ­creatives ended up influencing the very art they produce. Instagram now attracts all ages, and its fair share of criticism.

1. Writer. But I always check myself if I find I am getting too bothered by that, or doing anything just to satisfy a dopamine craving.”, At @snackbarlondon for a mushroom rice bowl as my first Lunchcookedbyotherswhenoutthehousewithlaptop for however long it is . Read More » Discover Ferulic Acid: The Power in a Wholegrain. He’s also witnessed the damaged caused. Weather was typical English which suited me just fine.

Marcel is first and foremost a family member.

In 2014 rowing a million metres + marathon helped me through my grief for my Mum + we raised £10,000 for @macmillancancer By 2017, I had rediscovered the joy of moving + started paddleboarding after a lifetime of thinking exercise was ONLY about losing weight or being competitive. Our high street florist is the best and honestly the nicest person who always cheers me up. Thanks all, the support means a lot!

One of the reasons is ferulic acid. And the Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma has urged social media users to re-evaluate whether they should have accounts on platforms such as Instagram at all. Sourdough is an Instagram obsession. Because there is hope and together, we can inspire change. Reframing exercise as joyful movement + my body as something to care for rather than criticise has been revolutionary to me. If it wasn’t for the platform, she says, “I would be taking care of my children and working a bit. She recognises that people have become very selective about whom and what they follow. Thanks to Instagram, he has his own studio, he’s had exhibitions and been named one of London’s 1,000 most influential people. Instagram shapes how we behave because we see the world differently now, and whether or not something is potentially instagrammable affects the choices we make about what to do and buy and wear. 254 Likes, 35 Comments - Vanessa Kimbell (@vanessakimbell) on Instagram: “Now in the shop.If there is one thing I have learned when teaching sourdough it is that domestic…” After finishing her degree in Fine Art at Central St Martins in 2011, Sharon Walters lacked the confidence to pursue a career as an artist. When Julie Taylor moved to London from Washington DC seven years ago, along with her husband and baby son, it was the middle of winter. Social media isn’t David’s usual habitat so while he’s recorded messages solely for Instagram, like the one in this post, we're helping to run this account.

“There are lots of people my age and older making and taking beautiful pictures.”. @annasofiakessel book #EatSweatPlay had helped me too. ❤️ I’m not sure I would have said yes to a photo shoot in a wetsuit for @primamag (thank you Rosie @deakinandblue for the recommendation!) Please review our, You need to be a subscriber to join the conversation. What I’ve decided…” It had turned into something that was making more money than my job, which is insane.”. “And right now with social distancing it’s even more important. And while it may have started with a target audience of 18-34, slowly that, too, has shifted, especially in the past few years. Which bunch would you choose? 20 miles and many smiles.

A year later I qualified as a Pool Lifeguard + aqua fit instructor (my joyful side hustle) and in 2019 I paddleboarded coast to coast for #2minutebeachclean + @waveprojectuk + picking up litter. She built up a collection and decided to start an Instagram account. “We use it to curate the story of our lives, but that’s made us all a bit more performative,” she says on the phone from California. Originally from Poland, she moved to the North East of England 15 years ago with her husband, a consultant anaesthetist, and their children. She doesn’t enjoy some of the “navel-gazing”. Always grateful, learning to be kind to me, finding joy + purpose in movement. Friends thought it was a rash decision when, three and a half years ago, Four left her job in market research to go full-time on her pet corgi’s account. Last week, Sir David Attenborough broke Jennifer Aniston’s record for the fastest time to reach a million followers on Instagram. As an over-50s style blogger, Renia Jazdzyk, who describes herself as a fashion creative and ageism fighter, cuts a rare, albeit very stylish, figure. While he says he’s always used the platform “organically”, being naturally inclined to capture and share what he cooks and eats, and see what others are cooking too, it’s become fully intertwined and intrinsic to his career.

One bank of shelves is quickly accumulating all the pots that fall into the odds and ends category, vessels I’m either not sure about or need refiring or even smashing eventually. In the early days, she could easily pick up 300 followers in an afternoon with a picture, but “Now you have to work hard for people to feel you’re worth their time.”, In return for the hard work, she has a platform to spread her message about making bread that is baked to nourish. 1 rating. #sourdough, A post shared by Vanessa Kimbell (@vanessakimbell) on Aug 9, 2020 at 2:10am PDT, Her three accounts are subtly different; the more personal, the detailed sourdough geek, and the simple sourdough.

“You never know, Instagram could easily implode as a moneymaking platform as quickly as it became one. “I’m showing that you can still get a huge amount of joy and still be completely imperfect.”, Moseley says: “You can be in a thunderstorm, on your paddleboard, full of litter you’ve collected, but having the time of your life.”. “Sometimes I think I’ll stop, because it does take up a lot of time; it can be like going down a rabbit hole. So, as well as sharing the messages he’s recorded especially for this account we’ll also post some exclusive clips and behind the scenes content. Music on, mixing. He has about 80,000-plus photos and a lot of hard drives. A regular BBC radio journalist in the UK, she is a third generation baker of Italian descent and trained in several French bakeries. The couple, however, are keen to bust any misconceptions about the money to be made: during lockdown, Schaeffer had to take a job in a supermarket to make ends meet. Today, Marcel, aka @lecorgi, is an Instagram star.

It is a mirror that works both ways.

Serves Serves 2 . On Oct 6 2010, a new photo-sharing application was officially released through Apple’s App Store. As a 16-year-old, Florian Gadsby recalls being told at a ceramics fair by an older potter not to pursue a career as one. You might not have an IG account, but you will have visited restaurants that seem to care just as much about how the food looks on a plate as how it tastes. And it’s grown ever since.”, I love unique bags like this Bottega Veneta pouch.

. For Vanessa Kimball, it’s a community that she has nurtured just like a starter. “It was my husband and my daughter who gave me the idea that I should start an Instagram for mature ladies’ style. For Vanessa Kimball, it’s a community that she has nurtured just like a starter. “Without it, I don’t think I’d be teaching Aquafit, I wouldn’t have paddleboarded across the country.