Next, mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. It’s important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary if you substitute. Home » Recipes » Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. And when you bite into one, you’ll get a burst of bright lemon flavour, thanks to the fresh lemon juice and the lemon zest, and you’ll also get little pops of crunch from the poppy seeds. This encourage the muffins to burst quickly to achieve sky high tall muffins. If so, be sure to read all of my vegan gluten-free baking tips! I use organic cane sugar for this recipe because I wanted to keep the colour of the muffins light, but you can substitute with my regular go-to, coconut sugar, and still get a perfect result, the only difference will be that your muffins will be darker in colour. Whisk until combined. I’ll have to try it with oat flour if I can get my hands on any in the near future! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. These muffins are as easy as they come. How To Make: Paleo + Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Any type of neutral flavoured oil can be used in place of the coconut oil, such as avocado or safflower.

You can make a lemon glaze for them or enjoy them plain, they’re delicious either way! (Note: I’ve outlined the step-by-step on how to make this recipe here, but find the full recipe, ingredients, and directions at the end of this post.). For these gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins you’ll need: Gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour: this is different than just straight up gluten free baking flour! They’ll still taste good, they just may not look the best. Click to learn more. Guysss, I can just feel spring right around the corner. Don’t over mix the batter or you will end up with gummy or dense muffins. Fold in the poppy seeds. You really cant taste the almond flour! This page may contain affiliate links. Great recipe! This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.

I didn’t do the glaze to make it a little healthier but it was still delicious , I made them twice last week and they are the best!! (NOTE: This recipe can also be made with all purpose wheat flour, see the FAQ and recipe instructions below). You can also top it off with some sliced almonds or more poppy seeds for extra crunch, yum. Vegan and Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Congrats! If so, please share a picture with me on Instagram!

Soft, citrusy, and totally scrumptious especially with a drizzle of glaze, these vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are gluten-free and oil-free! No, because the baking powder and baking soda will become inactive and your muffins will end up flat and gummy. Ready to get a taste of spring? Filed Under: All recipes, Breakfast, Gluten-free, Sweets Tagged With: 30 minutes or less, breakfast, dairy free, eggless, fall, gluten free, meal prep, oil free, recipes, refined sugar free, soy free, spring, summer, sweet. Whisk together sugar, oil, and lemon zest together in a large bowl. If you do choose to add a glaze, make sure your muffins are almost cooled, a muffin that is still too warm will soak in all of the glaze and it won’t remain on top. Oat flour gives these muffins a nice crumb to these muffins because of the addition of almond flour and tapioca starch– I haven’t tried it with GF flour but it COULD work- it might just be a bit more dense so I would reduce the tapioca starch by half and replace it with more GF flour. Are you new to vegan gluten-free baking? (all purpose white flour can also be used, see important notes about flour below). Slowly stir in lemon juice, vanilla extract, and "buttermilk"-mixture. Thank you, Hi josie! Copyright © 2014–2020Delightful Adventures. Here’s what my favourite taste tester (Eric) had to say about them: “they taste like something you would get at Starbucks… like one of their unhealthy cakes or muffins or something, damn thats good”.

Amount is based on available nutrient data. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Moist, easy vegan lemon poppy seed muffins that can be made just vegan OR vegan and gluten-free, instructions for both ways are included.

There is just something special about lemon muffins. Then add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well.

As with all of my other muffin recipes, the ingredients are minimal and simple. I have never used any other brand of flour to make this recipe (other than. Read more…. I’ve been doing it for years, but I still get tripped up at times. If this happens, a quick few seconds in the microwave will bring them right back to the same delicious freshness from day one.

★☆ I used almond meal instead of almond flour and they still turned out perfectly. The vegan gluten-free version of these muffins can over bake in the blink of an eye which causes them to dry out. A little chewy/dense but I honestly really liked it/ probably wouldn’t have noticed it was any chewier than usual if someone just gave one to. March 12, 2020 By Lisa Kitahara 20 Comments. Required fields are marked *, I have read and accepted the Privacy Policy *, Hi! You’ll also need unsweetened applesauce, flax eggs, poppy seeds, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a few other muffin ingredient staples. Can I make this into a bread rather than muffins? Let me know if you try it! So after another failed attempt with this recipe, I went back to my strawberry muffin recipe and used that as a guide. SO GOOD. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Thanks! Remove them From the Muffins Tins (!! Store leftovers in an airtight container. Muffins are easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I have not tried making this recipe oil-free, however, so I can’t say whether substituting it with another ingredient, such as applesauce, will work out well. I learned this the hard way when testing the recipe when I baked a couple of batches for a few minutes longer than what was needed, so be sure to keep an eye on them as they come close to the end of their baking time. Any neutral flavoured oil can be used for this recipe. Sorry, the almond flour gives it moisture and the right texture.

★☆ Drizzle onto muffins just before serving.

For my friends who are vegan or who can’t eat eggs, gluten, or dairy, this recipe is perfect for you! When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you.

Delicious treat-like lemon poppy seed muffins that are flourless, eggless, low in sugar and oil free.

After posting this lemon poppy seed mug cake, I received many requests for a full-batch lemon poppyseed muffin recipe so here it is.Soft, citrusy, and totally scrumptious especially with a drizzle of glaze!

https://www.egglesscooking.com/vegan-lemon-poppy-seed-muffins-recipe Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Click to learn more. They’re not stale, it’s just the nature of the gluten free flour blend. These lemon poppy seed muffins are EVERYTHING in my life right now– moist, fluffy and bursting with the lovely flavours of lemon. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, 10 to 15 minutes. Home » Recipes » Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, By: Gwen Leron Published: June 19, 2020 Last Updated: June 19, 2020 Leave a Comment. If it's too thick, add a little more lemon juice, you may not need the full tablespoon of lemon juice, depending on how thick you want it. You can do so by leaving a comment and star rating below or you can also share a pic of your vegan lemon poppy seed muffins with me on Instagram, just be sure to tag me so I can see your pic, I’m @delightfuladventures on IG.