Mix oil and sugar; then add applesauce. Vegan Food Blog with Healthy and Flavorful Vegan Recipes, Vegan Spice Cake. Thank you so much for posting, Looks yummy n I really want to give it a try this weekend but am just a novice in baking How many apples would I need in the applesauce? In a large bowl combine 1.5 cups of flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg. The substitutions at the bottom of the recipe were on point. Add the applesauce, flax seed mix, oil and vanilla if using. I posted the photo on Instagram (@lakevillaguatemala). So there’s no sugar in the Cream Cheese frosting? You can chop and cook them and then mash or blend into a thick puree and then cook for 15 mins or so to thicken https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/quick-homemade-applesauce-no-sugar-added-201473, Amazing recipes!

For the second time in three weeks, one of your recipes popped into my Facebook feed at the exact time I needed it! Can I use a nut flour or something beside all purpose?

Links on some posts are affiliate links for e.g. FAVORITE VEGAN … It was also oil free and used maple syrup. I stumbled on your recipe with a Google search and made the oil-free suggestion and also the (homemade) cream cheese icing. Your email address will not be published. I only mention in case it affects the texture.). Add more baking powder! It’s going on my awesome cakes repertoire . Hi, and welcome to The Simple Veganista where you'll find healthy, affordable, EASY VEGAN RECIPES everyone will love! Try experimenting with dried peaches and pears, as well as apricots - yum!

This recipe uses applesauce instead of oil and eggs. You can chill it for a bit to thicken and then spread it.

awesome!! I made this recipe for my wedding anniversary early this month and we both loved it! Using for my daughters first birthday cake. All you need is 4 ingredients and 30 minutes to get smooth, tasty applesauce that’s slightly sweetened with a hint of cinnamon! Also any other alternatives to flax seed meal? I am wondering the same thing. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees F, and place a baking sheet on the middle rack while oven is heating. (Oh just btw I didn’t add the dates: just not my thing! Check out my first cookbook: The Veginner’s Cookbook! To Store: Just the cake can be stored in a covered container on the counter for upto 2 days. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. I don’t even like spice cake, but my husband does and I made it for his birthday! Applesauce,any idea to make it by own?im not sure where to get this in my country. Love all the options and substitutions provided. Remove the core from the apples, chop into several large chunks each and place in blender or food processor. Delicious! You can use any kind of apple in this recipe. Much love to you for all your vegan recipes and making life truly celebratory! So Delicious! its just cooked apples that have been mashed/blended.

. This looks simple and yummy! Cook over high heat … (reduce a cup for 15-20 mins with some maple/sugar so its more of a thick glaze). I make a spice cake for my husband’s birthday every year, but the recipe I’d been using had more sugar and more oil then I like to use.

You won’t miss either though in this moist, flavorful and chocolatey delicious brownie! Required fields are marked *. Usually, I use a mashed very ripe banana (instead of eggs) in my pancake batter, but I know there are people who don’t like bananas, so I wanted to create a banana-free pancake recipe using apple sauce! My frosting was more like a glaze, but it really added to the cake. It is just awesome !! I.e how many to get a 3/4 cup? yes, its hard to evaluate the batter as the purees make it stiff, but they actually have a lotmore moisture to bake out. Can your mango muffin recipe be converted to apple muffin recipe by switching mango purée to applesauce? CONTACT     Here’s Why You Should Probably Reconsider, Incredible Moment Former Puppy Mill Dog Got a Bath and Realized Everything Was About to Change, 15 Must-Make Vegan Sweet Potato Dinners That Are Perfect For Fall.

you can use 4:1 almond flour and potato starch( ie. How to Care For Your Lymphatic System to Boost Physical and Mental Health. If you're not concerned about it being raw, any dried fruit will work just fine. Thank you for the recipe!

They are just as fluffy as my other pancakes and I love the applesauce + cinnamon combo! I baked it in a loaf pan with no problems, the mixture was thick as it should have been and I made my own applesauce as the UK’s version of supermarket applesauce leaves a lot to be desired. If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!

Sondi Bruner is holistic nutritionist, freelance writer and food blogger who can't stop dreaming about what to create in the kitchen. Instructions. Place the dates or dried fruit in a small bowl and cover with the water. You can also subscribe without commenting. Also, can this be made in a donut pan? Your email address will not be published. These look great- I don’t really like vegan pancakes that use banana, so I like the applesauce alternative. Learn how your comment data is processed. They also can tend to add more invisible moisture to the batter which can lead to gummy cakes. The Ultimate Guide to Being a Vegan Athlete! This spice Cake needs 1 Bowl and needs minutes to put together. And there’s only minimal oil (only for the pan). Richa, I am just loving all your recipes! Whisk until incorporated. How long will this keep for? Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen (Print & Digital), Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen (Print & Digital), Vegan Spice Cake. I was thinking about using coconut and almond flour but I’m not sure if there are any other subs that would need to be made to make that work.

I used almond flour along with , and next I will try the oil free option . Managing Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus with a Plant-Based Diet, 10 Vegan-Friendly Gummy Vitamins for Head to Toe Health, All About Inflammation-Cutting Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Diet. The glorious spices are just perfect for this time of the year.

1 Bowl Super Moist Spiced Applesaucec Cake with tons of winter spice flavor and Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting. 1/4 cup potato starch for every 1 cup almond flour).

sometimes i use a thin, long spatula to remove things in small portions or you could try a mini food processor. Add the fruit and the water and puree until smooth, adding a bit more water if needed. My nine year old daughter made this cake all by herself using your recipe. Top it with nuts or a streusel.

I also add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to the dry ingredients. 12 Things Dogs Don’t Like That You Are Probably Doing! Naturally gluten-free … Fold in the dates. If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!

Bake for 40-45 minutes; Use icing if desired. Find healthy vegan recipes like this Homemade Applesauce, Applesauce Waffles, or this oil-free Applesauce Bread. Written by. Yes, autocorrect Vitamix. Copyright © 2014-2020 by Elephantastic Vegan.

just use any online recipe tomake the applesauce then measure it out. So I consider these pancakes to be a much healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. You can get creative with toppings and add-ins! we are participant in Amazon services LLC Associates program. Bake for 20-22 mins. Never would I have thought to cool a loaf using a wet kitchen towel to cover it. Cook apples until soft, then mash with a potato masher. (If I could attach a photo, I would…) I am going to subscribe to your website…thank you for a great oil-free vegan recipe! Hi, I’m Bianca! That way they have more time to cook properly. ah yes the cashew version is thinner. Let the batter sit for a few minutes. I’ve topped mine with more applesauce, cinnamon powder, and maple syrup. Same with how important it is to take ratios into account. If you want to make these pancakes even healthier, you can use a mix of spelt and wheat flour or use whole wheat flour. Check at 20 mins with a toothpick from the center.

As the apples cook, add more water if needed. Let it cook on the other side until done. No eggs and no bananas!

A really wonderful recipe …. the thickness would depend on the cream cheese consistency. Applesauce is deliciously versatile - you can use it in a wide variety of baked goods, as a condiment (I love it on potato latkes), or eat it all on its own. 1/3 cup dried apricots (or 5 to 6 large dates). Sourghum, chickpea, almond or oat? You never want to put a cake into a cold oven, a preheated oven helps the leavening. Add in the cinnamon, maple syrup and water. Any applesauce will work. Healthy Tip: To control sugar, opt to make your own applesauce, or if buying in the store look for unsweetened applesauce.

Just be sure to use sugar-free, naturally dehydrated fruits or dates in order to make this recipe truly raw and appropriate for those on a raw foods diet. As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case oat milk but you can use any you want!).

Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. The Spices develop even more flavor a day later. yes, add a bit less applesauce depending onthe date syrup amount. Vegan Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick from the enter comes out clean. Step 1: Combine the flour, cinnamon powder, and baking powder in a bowl.

Please support us!

15 Vegan Small Plates and Starters for Your Thanksgiving Feast. When I went vegan in 2012, I fell in love with food all over again. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! Hi Richa, can I use almond flour or meal and not use the combination of gluten free flours? Vietnamese Cucumber Salad with Cilantro and Roasted Peanuts [Vegan, Gluten Free], Chickpea Flour Pizza with Hummus, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Rocket [Vegan, Gluten-Free].