Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I've made it a number of times and it's always so satisfying. I live on my own so I am constantly looking for recipes that are both healthy and economical. It goes real well with French bread or sandwiches such as BLT's.

It's delicious, and even my hubby who HATES vegetable soup with every fibre of his being, enjoyed it. That really helped to bring out the flavor in this soup. My friend Diana generously shared her wonderful Fall themed soup recipe. Toasted pumpkin seeds are a fun add-in.

Serve with crusty bread or cheddar biscuits. (I generally serve this soup as a special treat as it is not recommended for people counting calories.). Alton's soup is vibrant, hearty and healthy. Ladle a bowl of Ina's easy soup for a cozy night indoors. I have made this for many whom have given it the title.

Also works well with half as much cream cheese if you don't want it too rich. – Tiffany. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I did add some frozen green beans and corn, used only beef broth and no water and simmered it for a little longer to let the flavors mesh, but that's all I changed. Boyfriend loved it and even the kids who don't like veggies ate it without complaint. The chipotle gives the soup a really nice smoky taste. Ree dresses up a humble can of tomato soup with sherry, pesto and Parmesan.

The creole seasoning really makes it - but I also add at least 1/2 tsp. Good for serving at luncheons or special gatherings with a quiche. I've been looking for a tasty homemade vegetable soup recipe and I'm happy to say this one surpassed my expectations. I use fresh vegetables when in season, frozen or canned in winter. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. An easy soup that tastes like stuffed peppers. Need something warming for dinner tonight? I found a recipe for a cajun spice mix online by Google-ing it. If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham. I promise you won't regret making it! Photo Gallery | 10 Photos. Get dinner on the table fast with Ellie's simple soup. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I definitely see this soup in my future.

Article. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add corn and peas and cook again and enjoy!

I've been making it for 15 years now and out of all the soups I make, it is still everyone's favorite. It can be served vegetarian-style by omitting the sausage. It even tastes better the next day! I will simmer the soup for at least an hour so that the celery softens more. I substituted chicken stock for vegetable stock and threw in a chicken bullion cube. The only thing I changed was I made it in my crockpot while I was away for the evening.

Tomato Vegetable Soup With Barley. Basic Homemade Vegetable Soup. It is full of dark green kale, potatoes, and cannellini beans. My friend's mother from Ukraine taught me this recipe for the classic beet soup. I also chopped up about a tablespoon of fresh flat-leaf parsley and put that in. This soup costs about $10 to make and it lasted 3 days for me! Remove bay leaf. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Vegetable Soup Recipes Satisfy your healthy diet with these great vegetable soup recipes, including split pea soup, chicken vegetable soup, beef vegetable soup, mixed vegetable soup and more. When it's been simmering all day, you come home to an amazing aroma and a fabulous meal for a cold winter day. 1 (11.5 ounce) can tomato-vegetable juice cocktail. This vegetable soup was healthy, economical, and delicious, easily making this recipe 5 stars! © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. So all in all, this may be my new go-to recipe for a quick and easy soup. Potato soup, gazpacho, butternut squash soup—find the best recipes for all your favorite vegetable soups. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I sauteed an onion, some celery, carrots and garlic in olive oil, then added the liquids as stated.

He even had seconds.

How do you make homemade vegetable soup? My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Serve with saltine crackers and chunks of sharp cheese. Don't make the initial mistake that I did when I first read the recipe and assume that it's going to boring. Will definitly make it again! I use 2 cups of chicken broth, use a 28 oz can of tomatoes, omit celery (don't like) and use frozen corn and green beens as well as the fresh carrots. This is a thick, rich soup with tons of flavor. I used vegetable broth and V8, doubled the amount of these and omitted the water. This is delicious! The ingredients are easy to keep on hand, and it's pretty quick to throw together. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Add carrots, celery, potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often. To make this soup a little fancier, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 1 cup white wine with the onions. Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, seasonings and bring to a boil. The taste is so smooth and creamy most people think this is a fattening soup loaded with cream and potatoes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It's as authentic as it gets. This is a satisfying, very easy, and delicious vegetable soup to serve anytime of the year. I used vegetable broth and V8, doubled the amount of these and omitted the water. This made the perfect veggie soup and got rave, I mean RAVE, reviews! paprika. Will definitly make it again! For spices I used cajun spice instead of creole (it was all I had), a bay leaf, oregano, garlic powder, a couple pinches of ginger, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. I use fresh vegetables when in season, frozen or canned in winter. My favorite fall soup of all time, roasted butternut squash soup is cheap, easy, nutrition, and absolutely delicious. Two different cheeses top it off to give it that bubbly, browned, and stretchy topping. View More in Vegetable … Yum! Instructions Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. This wonderful soup will warm your insides, delight your taste buds, and fill your stomach on a cold winter's night. Very easy, quick, and tasty soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add green beans.

This recipe takes French onion soup and gives it a few American twists that are going to make it a little bit easier.

Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It has very nice flavor. Main ingredients include ground beef, cabbage, tomato sauce, kidney beans and onion. Absolutely lovely.

Make it your own! Oh - and I used peas instead of greenbeans but just because that was what I had on hand. Ingredients 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped 3 carrots, peeled and chopped 2 celery stalks, chopped 2 cups chopped seasonal vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, green beans, butternut squash, … This soup couldn't be easier and gets rave reviews every time. I will use more chicken broth because I found a lot of it evaporated when I simmered the soup. Can be mildly spicy to REALLY spicy depending on your taste. If you love your veggies, then you will LOVE this soup!!! Yum! Congrats! Delicious and very easy to make. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. As a New Orleanian, I use Tony Chacere's creole seasoning on everything! I really liked this vegetable soup!

Directions In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. I added two diced potatoes, a can of corn, some green beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and seasonings (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning.) Enjoy! A full meal in one bowl and is great with warm bread and a salad! Butternut Squash Soup Recipes. Please note: for those who do not wish to use bacon, substitute 1/4 cup melted butter for the bacon grease and continue with the recipe. great recipe,used 1TBSP of this creole seasoning blend: 2Tbsp onion powder, 2 Tbsp garlic powder, 2 Tbsp dried oregano, 2 Tbsp dried basil, 1 Tbsp dried thyme, 2 Tbsp fresh ground peppercorns (mixed), 1 Tbsp cayenne, 1 Tbsp celery seed, 5 Tbsp.

I LOVE this soup! Cook until veggies are tender on high heat about 3 hours or low heat about 6 – 7 hours. Super easy, quick, and a great way to use squash.

FANTASTIC!!

Very yummy soup that has always been a hit! This recipe comes from a cooking demonstration I attended in Garmisch, Germany.

Info. . Due to the garlic, however, it might be a good idea to be sure that everyone around you eats it, too! I also use the Spicy V8. Ingredients 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth 1 (11.5 ounce) can tomato-vegetable juice cocktail 1 cup water 1 large potato, diced 2 carrots, sliced 2 stalks celery, diced 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes 1 … I make this soup every Halloween and is the 'signal' to the family that the cool weather has arrived. Easy Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Croutons. great with homemade bread! I am still blown away at how delicious this came out. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Classic French onion soup, similar to one you can get in a restaurant. A quick and easy recipe for real homemade tomato soup like no other you've had before. Thanks so much for the recipe! A recipe a friend gave me, that I've used a couple of times with great success!! Pulse all in food processor til well mixed or whisk together well.