But that’s me and my taste buds. Yep! Make up a curry paste (I use a mini blender for this, but if you don't have one you can just finely … I got you. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. The first time you make it, check it at the 8 hour mark and keep cooking for a little longer if needed. I made this sweet potato curry over the weekend and had to tell you Ashley that I absolutely loved it! Hi Ashley, what a lovely comforting recipe! Bright and cheerful red bell pepper. I noticed your updated picture which lead me to reading your “About Me” section on your blog and saw that it was updated too. Other types of lentils are a bit more sturdy and won’t cook in the same time either (and you’d likely need to adjust the liquid as well). So play around and find your favorite. You’re craving something warm and cozy and nutritious to combat the dreary, cold days of winter? Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. I think that should be just fine here. Oh gosh, this curry!! i.e. This is what I call soul food! YES, I WANT IT! haha Thanks for coming back to let me know Kristen! I’m also completely obsessed with the combo of spices! Love the ingredients you used Pinned! Butternut Squash and Poblano Salad with Feta, Quinoa Power Bowls with Maple Chipotle Brussels and Smoky Butternut Squash, Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Lentil Tikka Masala (Vegan). The weather is all over the place here too – it’s been about 80 degrees the last two days! I enjoy curry but hardly ever make it at home for some reason… & I love lentils! Speaking about the weather, it’s funny because apparently some of the eastern side of the country is having a warm front this week… meanwhile San Diego is having its coldest days of the winter. Could Garlic/Ginger Paste work instead of ginger and Garlic? Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into about 1cm pieces. Right now it is a warm 70 degree sunny day. Pop into the slow cooker, Remove the stalk and seeds from the pepper, and dice. Serving Ideas! Your email address will not be published. Mmm I’ve been meaning to make curry lately and this looks just perfect! Make up a curry paste (I use a mini blender for this, but if you don't have one you can just finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger). Keep in mind that all slow cookers cook a bit different. . Looks so flavorful I definitely wouldn’t even miss the meat! Hey Craig – I wouldn’t for this recipe. Design by Deluxe Designs. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan. It’s been cold here by CA standards and this curry looks so comforting. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices, and whizz up into a paste. And of course plenty of oh-so-flavorful spices. I would definitely give this recipe five stars! It’s very easy to scale up if you need to make a big batch for a group of friends or family, and you can add in any extra veg you fancy- butternut squash, cauliflower, extra peppers all work well! So happy to hear this! But again, this may vary for you! a dollop of yogurt, grilled pita, and fresh cilantro or basil (if desired). Grab our free cheatsheet - the ultimate dairy free pantry guide! This looks so good!! Yes to the yes. Just added a few ingredients to my grocery list to pick up today to make this over the weekend. This is not only healthy, satisfying and packed full of flavour too, Ashley. We’re in the 50s here during the day & 30s at night, which rarely happens! It was so creamy and tasty. Protein packed red lentils. Get my secrets for making easy dairy free dishes you'll actually WANT to eat. This is a keeper! Give the mixture a good stir, then cover and cook on low for about 8 to 9 hours, until the veggies and lentils are tender. lentils. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. This is a fantastic easy curry to make which requires little effort and cooks away beautifully on its own in the slow cooker. Place all ingredients (excluding coconut milk, rice, and garnishes) in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray; stir well to combine. A very flavorful recipe. Required fields are marked *. What an awesome accomplishment! don’t use those ones that have been sitting in the back of your pantry for ages and ages in this dish. I’ve found that they can vary pretty widely in taste from brand to brand. I’m so happy to hear it!! Turn off the crockpot, then stir in the spinach (as best you can). Serve as desired. What’s that you say? Add all the ingredients except the spinach to a crockpot. Can you substitute the red lentils for green lentils or any other lentils? Give the curry another stir, then taste and season with additional salt / pepper to your liking (I usually add a bit more salt). The red lentils cook a bit quicker and they sort of “melt” into the final dish (for lack of a better way to describe it). This is the kind of cozy blanket that I need! Then add into the slow cooker pot. Cozy, satisfying and easy, this slow cooker sweet potato spinach curry is a simple weeknight dinner! Along those lines, I would encourage you to use fresh (or fresh-ish!) Recover then let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes. With the orange goodness of sweet potato. 1 medium-large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes (2 cups), 1 (14 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves (about 2 to 3 ounces). Add 1 C dry green lentils, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 3 C vegetable broth, 3 tbsp curry powder and … It will be a chilly rainy one here in NY. After developing a dairy allergy at age 30, I know just how difficult it can be to transition to a dairy free lifestyle. Learn how your comment data is processed. Serve over rice and garnish with pita, cilantro, or basil, if desired. Well then allow me to introduce you to today’s slow cooker sweet potato spinach curry! Ha. Chopped fresh cilantro, roughly chopped raw cashews, lime wedges and / or cooked basmati rice / cauliflower rice / crusty bread. Coconut milk really adds something extra special to a vegetarian curry, and although in Slimming World it is quite high in syns, even using light coconut milk, by the time the curry has been portioned out it is only around 2.5 syns per portion (depending on which brand of coconut milk you have used), and it’s so worth it for the amazing flavour! And then we sit down to a flavorful and healthy and colorful meal that makes you feel like you’re wrapped up in a big cozy blanket. I hope you enjoy the curry!! Join me for easy, ridiculously tasty dairy free recipes for everyday life that will help eliminate that feeling of always missing out (because giving up cheese is hard enough!). But it doesn’t have to be as complicated as you think. I love all of the veggies packed in here Ashley, especially that sweet potato! I’ve found that old lentils take longer to cook – fresh is definitely best. Does eating dairy free sometimes feel really challenging? Yes! I enjoyed reading it very much and want to congratulate you on your health coaching degree! So bizarre. Now, let’s talk about how this easy dish comes together: Annnnnnd we’re done. https://cooknourishbliss.com/.../20/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-spinach-curry And finally, be sure to cut the sweet potatoes into the ½ inch cubes and dice up the onion as directed – if you cut them larger they’ll take longer to cook. I’m seriously crushing hard on all that sweet potato goodness you piled inside, Ashley! Healthy, packed with flavor and made with creamy coconut milk, red lentils and bell pepper. Wow! All of the spices go so well together with the sweet potatoes and lentils. It smelled amazing while it was cooking. At the very end, we stir in that spinach. Slow Cooker Creamy Veggie & Wild Rice Soup. Your email address will not be published. It got crazy warm here all of a sudden – it’s been close to 80 degrees! Handfuls of fresh baby spinach. Thanks for taking the time to let me know Josh. To be honest, I didn’t think I actually liked using curry powder until I tried the Simply Organic brand (<— not sponsored, it’s just what I use and love!). In my crockpot, this takes about 8 ½ hours for everything to be tender. Turn off heat; stir in coconut milk. Add the curry paste to the slow cooker and mix into the vegetables, Add the red lentils, and 500ml vegetable stock, Add the tin of light coconut milk, and stir everything together thoroughly, Add salt and pepper, pop the lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours, An easy and delicious slow-cooker curry that’s great for feeding a crowd, or portioning into the freezer for easy meals, Syns: 2.5 per portion (coconut milk, varies by brand), diced finely (you can regulate the heat depending on what type of chillies you use), 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, I serve this with brown basmati rice and mango chutney, Black bean, butternut squash & coconut curry. Did you make this recipe? Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Lentil Tikka Masala (Vegan) Slow cooker sweet potato and red lentil tikka masala delivers big flavor with little work. Enjoy this vegan, one-dish wonder over rice … Your email address will not be published. Creamy light coconut milk. I’d love to hear from you. I made this yesterday and it was absolutely incredible. Rate and review it down below! There are so many great flavors in here and you know how I love my sweet potato! We chop up a few vegetables and then dump all the ingredients (except the fresh spinach) into our crockpot. First up – I would encourage you to use a curry powder that you enjoy. We give it a good stir and then turn that bad boy on. We relax and wait while the slow cooker does its thing. We are finally getting some cold weather here this week and all I wanna do is curl up with a big bowl of this curry! And thank you so much It’s all very exciting!