It is Rob’s all-time favorite summer fruit. Not a fan of basil?

All Rights Reserved. i just said “Lt. I had a nice Watermelon in the refrigerator that I was about to cut up and I had lots of basil growing in a planter on my deck.

I love the idea of the monthly cocktail and you’ve started it out on a great note. Pingback: End of Summer Drink Recipes - GRUBBED Blog. I can totally see floating in a pool with one of these drinks in my hand. Ingredients: 4 cups Seedless Watermelon Chunks 2 tbsp Lime Juice Optional: Powdered sugar to taste Fresh Basil (or Mint) 3/4 Cup Vodka (Or Tequila or Rum) Directions: This post made me smile, and so does this cocktail!

:), (we are a unit of food and drink lovers as well ;) ). So glad I saw this pinned! I'm Sommer Collier... Travel Enthusiast, and the Resident Cookery Queen of A Spicy Perspective. Top with ginger ale. SERVINGS: MAKES 1 COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS 1 apple 1 can of Sprite 3 basil leaves 1 teaspoon sugar 6 cubes of watermelon, plus watermelon to garnish ice 1/4 cup lime Juice ¼ … So very nice to meet you Lieutenant Dan!!!! Fill with ice, place the lid on the shaker and shake well—30 seconds or so. Which brings us to our first cocktail with Lieutenant Dan – the Watermelon Basil Bramble, a watermelon basil gin cocktail. I feel convinced THAT Lt. Dan was not sporting mixology magic like this! No, he’s not in the military, but his name is Dan. Strain off the shaking ice and pour the drink into a glass with fresh ice and a small basil leaf. Required fields are marked *. Nice and refreshing! Do I have the exquisite appetizer or martini? My husband is more the calories from beverages kinda guy as well. Blend the ingredients on high for 1 minute then immediately pour the Watermelon Cocktail over the Ice evenly in each glass. Place the watermelon, basil and salt in a cocktail shaker. Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking! Your email address will not be published. ©2020. Double strain over ice into Collins Glass.

That sounds wonderful! Pingback: Squeeze Every Last Ounce of Flavor from Summer Produce with These Unique Cocktails – Bainbridge Today, Pingback: World's Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail, Pingback: Confessions of a Mixologist: 4 Epic Bramble Cocktails | Binny's BlogBinny's Blog, Pingback: 20 Recipes: Eat Watermelon All Day Long |. See pretty simple. Not a fan of basil? Combine the basil and watermelon in a cocktail shaker. Wonderful post and how sweet of you to let your hubby post. Add the gin, lime juice and simple syrup. I have a watermelon in the garage fridge right now. 4. ha! My Husband needs to hang out with the Lt. so he can learn to make pasta and do dishes! That looks so wonderful. In that way the wife and I are different. Add powdered sugar and blend to sweeten to taste. It gets very humid here in Minnesota in the summer months. Cool mixture then strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks. I think I actually have everything here to make it! The site requires JavaScript to have an optimal experience.

Shake and strain into a highball glass and top with chilled soda water. Now where do I find one? Set aside to cool. Delicious!

Making this recipe?

Reading this made me think you were creating a bio of my husband and myself.

Looking forward to seeing your concoctions each month. AHAHAHA! To make sure the cocktail didn't turn out too sweet we also included an ounce of lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds. Dan” in my forrest gump voice – great movie! All images, recipes, and original text content are copyright protected. Add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker. I’m loving this drink series – thank you Sommer and Lt. Whats great is its a nice tart drink without a lot of sweetness.

What You Will Need To Make Our Watermelon Strawberry Basil Cocktail: Tequila. Rob also decided not to filter the cocktail this time. Part of it will be reserved for making these xoxo, Cute post!! Share via: FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ALCOHOL RESPONSIBILITY VISIT In a cocktail shaker, combine the lime juice and zest with the syrup, watermelon, and 3 basil leaves. 5. Here in Spain the watermelons are so sweet and delicious I know this would come out great!

Combine the basil and watermelon in a cocktail shaker. Find out more on how we use I'm here to help you make mealtime memorable, and life a little spicy! Your wife is such a talent, so it’s so nice to see what a great team you make. I love the thing, but basil really grows like crazy and sucks up water like nothing else.

Add Watermelon cubes, Basil leaves to cocktail shaker and muddle enough to crush the watermelon. Enjoy! It's made with fresh watermelon juice, mint leaves, cucumber, and a quick simple syrup. This Cocktail has a frothy top followed by an ice cold Watermelon Basil flavor burst. I love the name Lieutenant Dan! Please enable it and refresh the page. Blend the ingredients on high for 1 minute then immediately pour the Watermelon Cocktail over the Ice evenly in each glass. There’s nothing hotter than a man who washes dishes, makes linguini from scratch, and shakes a mean martini. Take a minute to review the new I love the combination!

I’m more of a margarita girl, but I’d be willing to give this a try. It was very humid with about a 103 heat index that day. The Story Behind The Watermelon & Basil Margarita.

I absolutely love that your husband is guest posting! This first cocktail features one of my favorite herbs: basil. Most of the recipes on this blog call for 10 ingredients or less (give or take 2 or 3 depending on the complexity). Required fields are marked *. :) Love this. My husband loves Anejo Tequila so that was going to be my third ingredient. ... To make sure the cocktail didn't turn out too sweet we also included an ounce of lime juice. https://sumptuousliving.net/watermelon-basil-vodka-cocktail Anyways, you get the point. Watermelon Cocktail With Gin and Basil Recipe - NYT Cooking For the Basil, you will need about 2 Tablespoons muddled Basil. © 2014 - 2020 VinePair Inc. — Made In NYC, ½ ounce basil simple syrup* (recipe below), Fill a shaker with tequila, lime juice, watermelon juice, basil simple syrup, and ice, Shake mixture then pour into serving glass, Combine sugar, water, and basil in a sauce pan. These cocktails sound delicious and would totally guzzle it down [minus the gin] right now! Join the Patrón family to get recognized for how you’re shaking things up in the industry. Scrolling down I caught the Forrest Gump association; what a flash back! Survey says – 18 year Dalwhinnie. This looks so refreshing, I love the watermelon and basil combo! The watermelon is so refreshing; it also pairs extremely well with the tequila, while not completely overpowering the delicious earthy tones found in the Añejo we used. Shake Hard For 10 seconds. 2. bartender, basil, Cocktail, cocktails, gimlet, gin, home bar, lime, mixed drink, mixology, watermelon. "Cocktails with Lieutenant Dan" featuring a real doozy: the. Blend watermelon and lime juice until smooth. Easy Butternut Squash and Sage Instant Pot Risotto. Make it your own by choosing your own liquor- vodka, rum, and tequila would all work nicely. Lovin this cocktail!

Watermelon and gin are such a wonderful combination… but one I’d never thought to make. 1. The cocktail is gluten free, dairy free, and will turn anyone on to gin! Or do I??? But if it is too sweet, why not use Selzer instead of 7UP? Garnish with a Basil leaf or small Watermelon slice. Quench your thirst for delightful Patrón cocktails based on your preferences. This one is a perfect summer refresher perfect for a warm night on your porch or by the pool: a Watermelon-Basil Gimlet.