Click the Download button and install the driver. When the Universal USB Bus Controllers is outdated, it may also stop your WD passport from being detected or showing up. You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok. Connect mobile device to the My Passport Wireless Wi-Fi network. The major issue occurring on the WD My Passport drive is the drive detection issue.

It’s popular to use WD(Western Digital) products for storing the huge amount of your files such as music, videos, photos,etc. As a technical writer for Driver Easy, April writes articles related to various tech issues, including Windows computer problems and game errors.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

All files found through the scan will be displayed in the left panel, you can easily view them with "Tree-View" or "Files-View" (the files are organized by different filetypes), or you can even apply filters to the found files to help your find the desired ones.

Try connecting the USB cable to another port on the computer. Connect to the My Passport Wireless using Wi-Fi. Sometime the USB cable cannot work with every computer, thus make sure to try a new one to see if it works. After the repairing process is complete, click Finish. You can solve it through updating your USB controller software.

You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok. Step 3 After confirming the lost files` location, click "Start" to scan your WD MyPassport hard drive. If you lost/deleted any files on the hard drive that you need, avoid adding/writing any more data on it before you perform Western Digital data recovery, as it decreases your chances of file recovery. Uninstall/Reinstall USB Controllers on WD My Passport Drive. Does this mean that you cannot trust Western Digital My Passport Ultra?

Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. Doing so will infect and possibly damage the files in the hard disk. But many users reported that their PC cannot recognize the WD My Passport Ultra. 3) On the pop-up window, click Add icon and choose the drive letter beside Assign the following driver letter. From the App, go to the My Passport Wireless Settings. Solution 2: Change your WD drive letter and path Select the Details tab and set the Property as Hardware Ids. Now for the internal connections and drive itself! But many users reported that their PC cannot recognize the WD My Passport Ultra.

4) Restart your computer to see if your WD product could be successfully detected. Right-click on the Windows icon and select "Device Manager". Privacy Statement

Note: If your WD driver is already assigned a letter, then click Change icon and choose another letter for it. Create a folder on the SD card named "update".

If the drive is not detected, try replacing the USB cable connecting the My … When the Disk Management window appears, right-click on the WD My Passport drive and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Note: Please do not save the retrieved files to the same WD MyPassport hard drive, it`s better to save them to a new storage device.

Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open. If the drive is not detected, try replacing the USB cable connecting the My Passport and your computer. One quick fix to solve WD My Passport Ultra not detected error is to try another USB cable to connect your WD drive with computer. If you are planning to backup your data, or add to your PC’s storage without installing another expensive, hard drive in it, then the Western Digital My Passport Ultra is one of the best options that you have.

You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.). This hard drive comes with a range of features, including various memory variants to choose from, durable structure, 5-year warranty, and a lot more.

You can view the device listed as Unknown device. YouTube Downloader and MP3 Converter Snaptube. When the troubleshooter detects the problems, select the Apply this fix option to fix the detected issues automatically.

Inside the casing you will find a standard 3.5" Green Power most likely if not WD Blue model drive you can install install internally inside the case or place in another enclosure if you are not able to debug this. The Western Digital data recovery process described above works for a host of WD Hard Drive Recovery situations. 2) Type diskmgmt.msc in the box to open Disk Management.

Copyright © 2020 Wondershare. 3) Click the Update button next to the flagged WD device driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).

Just follow the steps as given ahead.

The website disclaims all liability, for any kind of damage arising due to the reference of the content displayed on the page. Reset your lost Windows logon password instantly. Recover deleted files, perform unformatted recovery, and corrupt drive recovery.

However, prevention is always better than cure, and following a few simple things can help protect your data from being lost/deleted in the future: Keeping these simple things in mind will help you prevent the need to perform Western Digital data recovery. 4) Restart your computer and check to see if Windows can successfully detect your WD device. The Driver for Western Digital MY Passport driver can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s site.

* If your product is not listed above, please visit the product page. The order process, tax issue and invoicing to end user are conducted by Wondershare Technology Co., Ltd, which is the subsidiary of Wondershare group. Do not interrupt or disconnect the hard drive when it is copied to/from your PC or any other device. The My Passport Wireless will boot up, then will start flashing a White LED while the update is happening. Download a third-party software to repair corrupted files in the WD My Passport drive.

Not to worry. Launch the software and right-click on the drive.

(This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. Right-click on the Unknown device and select Properties.

Powerful WD MyPassport Hard Drive Recovery Software, How to Recover Data from Damaged or Failed Hard Drive, How to Recover Deleted Files from Hard Drive, Overview of Western Digital My Passport Ultra, Troubles of Western Digital My Passport Ultra Data Recovery, Deleted/Lost Data from Western Digital My Passport Ultra, Tips for Western Digital Hard Drive Data Recovery, Accidentally deleting or formatting the data in it, Removing it in the middle of a data transfer operation, Deleting/resizing a partition on the drive. Copyright © 2020 - 2021 Western Digital | All rights are reserved. Not to worry. Hide, lock, and protect your files and folders with password. Trademarks.

Wd My Passport free download - Lazesoft Recover My Password Home, Recover My Files, My Movies, and many more programs Sometime the USB cable cannot work with every computer, thus make sure to try a new one to see if it works. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your variant of Windows versions. My Passport; My Cloud Home; My Cloud; My Book; Internal Drives / SSDs; WD Elements / WD easystore; Embedded & Removable Flash; WD ReadyView; Legacy & Other Products; Downloads WD Software; Product Firmware; Product Downloads; Warranty & Returns Warranty Services; Warranty Policy; Data Recovery; Shipping Addresses The application can also be "unpinned", which causes the application to open in a window.

Then, select Check the. When she's not writing, she likes reading literary novels and poetry. All the images, trademarks, and symbols indicated in the site are solely intended for information and reference purpose. If the initial scan can't find your lost data, you can switch to the "All-Around Recovery" mode which provides better recovery quality but takes a relatively long time to complete. Browse to where you saved the MyPassportWireless_x.bin file and select it.

Step 2 Select the target device type and location, and here choose the WD external hard drive device. Create and burn professional sounding mix CDs. Expand the drivers to locate the WD device. Open a new web browser and go to the site. Step 2 To recover deleted data from external hard drive, you can select the mode "External Devices Recovery" to start the scan. Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely. There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your USB controller: manually or automatically. Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: MyPassportWireless_x.bin.

Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open. Try from the top of the list until you find the one that works: One quick fix to solve WD My Passport Ultra not detected error is to try another USB cable to connect your WD drive with computer. Always back up the data in your hard drive to some other location. Wondershare Recoverit, as one of the most trusted tools for WD Hard drive Recovery, is what can help you get back your data without too much effort and time. All Rights Reserved. Here in this post, we will be showing you the tried-and-true solutions for you to resolve WD My Passport Ultra not detected error. Resize your photos for U.S. passport application. Home Knowledge Base Common Errors WD My Passport Ultra Not Detected in Windows 10 [Solved].

So the last efficient way that you can try is to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers: Step 1.

If the USB controller on your Windows is old, corrupted or missing, your WD product can not be detected then. Update the Firmware if an update is available. 3) Right-click on your WD drive and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths….

Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.

Step 4 Once the scan is complete, you can preview the files found from your WD My passport external hard drive.

Now, choose a drive letter from the drop-down list and click OK. Click Change to modify another drive letter, if needed. She's never happier than when her articles help people solve their problems - whether they're Windows errors and blue screens to network errors and faulty hardware. You can get this free data recovery software for Mac as well, use Wondershare Recoverit for Mac for Western Digital hard disk recovery with the same amazing results.

Step 1 Download Wondershare external hard drive data recovery tool to your Windows computer, and connect your WD external hard drive to your pc. Turn your laptop or PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot.

WD Discovery is a tray application; a small icon appears in the Windows system tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Copy the MyPassportWireless_x.bin file into the "update" folder. You can view the device listed as Unknown device. Not- armed with the right tools for Western Digital My Passport Ultra external hard drive recovery, you can be sure of keeping your data safe and protected from any threat. Right-click on the Unknown device and select Properties. Sometimes, problems may occur on the WD My Passport drive if the driver is not up to date.

Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions. This hard drive comes with a range of features, including various memory variants to choose from, durable structure, 5-year warranty, and a lot more.

Click on the Start button to fix the detected issues. Manual driver update – You can update your USB controller software manually by going to your computer manufacturer’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for your USB controller.