The Forbidden City thus became the power centre of the Qing Dynasty. Instead, wells were dug along the way, and water from the wells was poured on the road in deep winter, forming a layer of ice.
The gardens of the Palace of Establishing Prosperity, destroyed by fire in 1923, were rebuilt in 2005, but remain closed to the public. The Inner Court (内廷) or Back Palace (后宫) includes the northern sections, and was the residence of the Emperor and his family, and was used for day-to-day affairs of state. Above the throne hangs a tablet reading "Justice and Honour" (Chinese: 正大光明; pinyin: zhèngdàguāngmíng). We have rich resources,We sending many groups to the hotels and restaurant,so we negotiated the best rates with the hotels and the fine restaurants.we also have our own vans and english speaking tour guides. , The Palace of Earthly Tranquility (坤寧宮) is a double-eaved building, 9 bays wide and 3 bays deep. Six Palaces lay to the West and six to the East of the three main halls, hence the name. Behind that is the Hall of Supreme Harmony Square. , At the four corners of the wall sit towers (E) with intricate roofs boasting 72 ridges, reproducing the Pavilion of Prince Teng and the Yellow Crane Pavilion as they appeared in Song dynasty paintings. The floors of major halls were paved with "golden bricks" (Chinese: 金砖; pinyin: jīnzhuān), baked with clay from seven counties of Suzhou and Songjiang prefectures. They were constructed with a rammed earth core, and surfaced with three layers of specially baked bricks on both sides, with the interstices filled with mortar. Originally the character applied to any residence or mansion, but it was used in reference to solely the imperial residence since the Qin dynasty (3rd century BC).  All three halls feature imperial thrones, the largest and most elaborate one being that in the Hall of Supreme Harmony. , The Hall of Central Harmony is a smaller, square hall, used by the Emperor to prepare and rest before and during ceremonies. Burnt down by Xiang Yu after the fall of the Qin dynasty. The challenge of preserving and enhancing the historical integrity of the Forbidden City has seen some of the site's more modern buildings. A 19th-century illustration of the Forbidden City, facing north.
The court moved here in nine years of the first Han Emperor and after that it had been a center of political domination of Western Han Dynasty. The Palace Museum was then established in the Forbidden City in 1925. The dragon stands for the emperor and the power invested in him, the phoenix signifies virtue and the seahorse brings good fortune. When Hongwu Emperor's son Zhu Di became the Yongle Emperor, he moved the capital from Nanjing to Beijing, and construction began in 1406 on what would become the Forbidden City. In 1860, during the Second Opium War, the British and French expeditionary forces looted the Old Summer Palace. The Ming Emperor Yong Le, who usurped the throne from his nephew and made Beijing the capital, ordered its construction, on which approximately 10,000 artists and a million workmen toiled for 14 years from 1406 to 1420. This China Palace as the imperial palace of the Ming dynasty, for 54 years. It contains large halls (殿) for ceremonies and official business, as well as smaller buildings, temples, towers, residences, galleries, courtyards, gardens, and outbuildings. “Records of the Grand History of China" said that when Emperor Qin Shihuang unified China, he thought that his achievements can be compared with the Sovereigns and Five Emperors. The Forbidden City, as it would later become known, was completed in … In the end, all three collections reached the relative safety of Sichuan, where they stayed until the end of the war.
At the same time, the native Chinese Taoist religion continued to have an important role throughout the Ming and Qing dynasties. , From 1933, the threat of Japanese invasion forced the evacuation of the most important parts of the Museum's collection. "Gùgōng" in a generic sense also refers to all former palaces, another prominent example being the former Imperial Palaces (. He made Beijing a secondary capital of the Ming empire, and construction began in 1406 of what would become the Forbidden City.
 The online cultural heritage project, titled The Forbidden City: Beyond Space and Time, is presented in both English and Chinese, and provides interactive, three-dimensional, representations of Forbidden City structures and cultural artifacts. In 1987, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Soil excavated during construction of the moat was piled up to the north of the palace to create an artificial hill, the Jingshan hill.. A corner tower of Beijing's Forbidden City, which is surrounded by a moat known as the Tongzi River. While development is now tightly controlled in the vicinity of the Forbidden City, throughout the past century uncontrolled and sometimes politically motivated demolition and reconstruction has changed the character of the areas surrounding the Forbidden City. Weiyang Palace Her co-regent Empress Dowager Ci'an lived in one of the Eastern Palaces and was thus known as the “Eastern empress”.  However, he soon fled before the combined armies of former Ming general Wu Sangui and Manchu forces, setting fire to parts of the Forbidden City in the process. It is a national key cultural relics protection units. Before it began, a fire consumed the gardens of the Palace of Establishing Prosperity (建福宫) where the bulk of the Qianlong Emperor's collection of art works was stored. Today, the Forbidden City houses the Palace Museum, and was the former Chinese imperial palace and winter residence of the Emperor of China from the Ming dynasty (since the Yongle Emperor) to the end of the Qing dynasty, between 1420 and 1924. In the world of poetry, Weiyang Palace has become synonymous the Palace of Han Dynasty. Part of the museum's former collection is now in the National Palace Museum in Taipei. The Forbidden City, the culmination of the two-thousand-year development of classical Chinese and East Asian architecture, has been influential in the subsequent development of Chinese architecture, as well as providing inspiration for many artistic works. Zhu Di claimed the throne for himself, becoming known as the Yongle Emperor and establishing Beijing as the national capital. Chinese pieces came from the palace's own workshops. In the Ming dynasty, it was the residence of the Empress. It consists of 980 surviving buildings with 8,886 bays of rooms. Today, the site is most commonly known in Chinese as Gùgōng (故宫), which means the "Former Palace". The Chinese character gong (宮; meaning "palace") represents two connected rooms (呂) under a roof (宀). It is enclosed in a larger, walled area called the Imperial City. • Xianyang Palace (咸陽宮), in (Qin) Xianyang (咸陽), now 15 km/9 miles east of modern Xianyang, Shaanxi province: this was the royal palace of the state of Qin before the Chinese unification, and then the palace of the First Emperor when China was unified. https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/realestate/how-much-the-worlds-most-valuable-palaces-are-worth/ss-BBF7f9o#:~:text=Forbidden%20City%2C%20China%20%E2%80%93%20%2469.66%20billion%2B%20(%C2%A354bn%2B)&text=If%20the%20average%20work%20of,billion%20(%C2%A354bn)%20plus!
 Behind it, the Hall of Preserving Harmony, was used for rehearsing ceremonies, and was also the site of the final stage of the Imperial examination. In 2004, an ordinance relating to building height and planning restriction was renewed to establish the Imperial City area and the northern city area as a buffer zone for the Forbidden City. The latter was used for ceremonial lectures by highly regarded Confucian scholars, and later became the office of the Grand Secretariat. And world modern garden. , The Palace of Heavenly Purity is a double-eaved building, and set on a single-level white marble platform. On returning to find the heavy wooden gates of the palace shut, the, The palace would finally reopen in 1971 for the visit of the US table tennis team, whose arrival in Beijing marked the tentative beginnings of a new era in US-China relations in what became known as "ping-pong diplomacy. The Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987, and is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. The Imperial Palace. His son Zhu Di was created Prince of Yan with his seat in Beijing.  The Forbidden City's plan was designed by many architects and designers, and then it was examined by the Emperor's Ministry of Work. The Empress, representing Yin and the Earth, would occupy the Palace of Earthly Tranquility. In deciding which period of history to evoke, the Palace Museum has tended to opt for the opulent 18th-century style of the Qing dynasty -- "an imaginative moment," the scholar Geremie Barmé, Such choices relate to the wider challenge, identified by Jenne, of deciding "what sort of museum it wants to be." There are hundreds of scenic spots inside the garden. Stately mausoleums hence were built to satisfy their greed.  He soon fled before the combined armies of former Ming general Wu Sangui and Manchu forces, setting fire to parts of the Forbidden City in the process. The outside of the walls is the moat wall. , Meanwhile, the Japanese army captured the Forbidden City in Beijing, but were only able to remove a few large bronze tubs and a few pieces of cannon. Jade has a unique place in Chinese culture. The name "Zijin Cheng" is a name with significance on many levels. "In this fast-developing digital era,". Thus almost all roofs in the Forbidden City bear yellow glazed tiles. It is the world's largest palace complex, covering more than 7.75 million square feet (720,000 square meters) and separated from the rest of Beijing by a 171-foot-wide (52 meters) moat and a 33-foot-high (10 meters) wall, with gate towers guarding its entrances.