So, upon arriving back in the States, we eventually opened and cooked the duck confit. Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2015. So, when I was perusing Amazon months later, I discovered Rougie duck confit and had to order.....wondering if it would be as good as the duty free package that I obtained at the airport.

Order Now – Get It By Wed 11 Nov (Mainland UK) Gift Ideas. Cassoulet and leftovers. Rougié was established in 1875 and is a premium producer of foie gras, patés, terrines, duck and goose fat and confits. Please read product labels before consuming. I used only two for my meal as I did a confit de canard with endive tatin; the other two legs were reheated in a saucepan to melt the fat and then placed in the oven to brown the meat before being savored the following day with an excellent Madiran. It was...it is....hands down a great product!!!

Delightful! Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.

Add to cart . We first tried canard confit in Brittany this fall and loved it.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

I really want to make a meal with duck in it – maybe duck tacos or a duck curry.

Boy, did it turn out well! If we had been home we would have eaten my mother's home made confit, but living 8000 km away....I confess I thought of making my own confit, but it was impossible to find non GMO fed ducks and consequently I opted for this brand name I knew, but I had never tasted because I never had to at the end.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Unable to add item to List. Sincerely I will buy this product again. The cooked meat is then packed into a crock or pot and covered with its cooking fat, which acts as a seal and preservative. Actually better than some of the ones we were served in the various bistros in Paris!

Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2017, Product disintigrated in can, could not be gently lifted out intact, Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2019. The duck confit is already cooked and so needs to be heated through. Look for the butternut squash ravioli in browned butter & walnuts when in season or on special. Product Details. I tried this on a whim for a cassoulet recipe.

Never have i tried to gently lift the legs out of the can and had them disintegrate while doing so.

I first tried this product by picking it up at the duty free exchange in the airport as we were leaving Paris.

Please try your search again later. The color of the fat was right, and NOT white like the expensive and tasteless one I bought once in a supermarket (consequently I highly recommend you to keep this one in a Tupperware in the fridge for when you will make sauteed potatoes or a creamy potato pie).