Advisory Council on Economic Growth, 'Learning Nation: Equipping Canada’s Workforce with Skills for the Future', 1 December 2017, (www.budget.gc.ca). Step into your University Careers Office and you will be sure to see lots of information on employability skills and their importance. take part in activities that involve working with others, like playing sport or performing in a school play. There are very few professions left that don’t require any computer use, so it’s easy to see why employers value computer literacy.

A challenge for students is that different employers look for different sets of employability skills. Why Are Employability Skills Important. Why Employability Skills Are Important?

your focus, target orientation, your planning, etc. participate in community activities such as environmental causes or fundraising.

They are a general set of skills that can be used in any workplace.

In a world that is increasingly connected, you’re also more likely to be working with people from other cultures and in teams, including virtual teams based around the world.

For international students, this will have the added bonus of allowing you to practise your English skills! Alternatively, you can directly reach out to me at [email protected] Apart from that, creativity and innovation has become one of the top priorities of business organizations in today’s competitive market place. So you have no idea what you want to do after university?

Employability comprises of your ability to be a decision influencer and thinking ahead and raising pertinent issues as well as recommending practical solutions for the same. Well, from my own experience, I look at EMP-Q as a behavioural assessment of your knowledge, skills and attitudes across 5 key factors: It can be administered in a number of ways. If you are not sure what career you want to apply for, how can you know what skills to target?

Baker, S, 'The Global University Employability Ranking', 16 November 2017, (www.timeshighereducation.com).

However, the difficulty many undergraduates face when they begin to look for work is the saturation of the job market. And out of those that do, how many leave with a view to increasing their employability skills? An optimal combination of your knowledge, skills and attitudes It is an ongoing development process that benefits from active reflection It is not new but is more significant now in light of a technologically advanced professional world Moving on now that we understand the concept of employability, lets understand if we can measure it.

Organising your time and resources is important in most areas of life. Your employability is nothing but your knowledge, skills and personal attributes that are important for you to gain work and work satisfactorily. What are employability skills and why do they matter? The ability to communicate effectively and change your style accordingly is important throughout your working relations. The survey revealed that 81% of employers valued employability skills as the most important factor when recruiting graduates – over and above other factors such as degree subject (70%) or class (46%).

Producing graduates equipped for their future is a key part of higher education. “I work so hard, but I’m still not able to rise in my career! They will allow you to be flexible enough to change as technology advances, and help you adapt to new ways of working with people. Find a GED or adult literacy program in Minnesota. In this article, we explain the employability skills you need to increase your chances of getting the job you want. The devil – or in this case ‘the angel’ – is in the detail.How can you find time to develop skills from a range of activities when you have to balance your studying time, contact time and social life?

Katy Jordan. Latest information: Apply with confidence | Study with confidence | Live with confidence.