When you're working you hate your life because you're wasting it away working. Any hour over the 40 is money that is being cheated you and you are significantly lowering your hourly rate putting in an extra 10-20 hours a week.

This thread has been locked by the moderators of r/NoStupidQuestions, More posts from the NoStupidQuestions community, Press J to jump to the feed. Click here to join! What you do is up to you but you're being taken advantage of. I like my job but I like my family more. It wasn't uncommon to work upward of 70 clock hours in a week-- but you were earning upward of 100 billable hours (sometimes more). Hated my life for a while, but realized that I had a choice to make my life more meaningful than 40 hours worked weekly. It's retarded we jump through these loops to act like happy workers when in reality, unless you're working on ground-breaking medical research or something, we are just doing minor tasks in a larger network of other minor tasks so that we can sell yogurt or some other bullshit product. Fuck work. At $50K a year and 40 hour weeks you make about $24 an hour not including additional compensation. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I just started working full time and I fucking hate this shit, I feel like my entire life is wasting away. And that instead of leaving at 5:01, you should leave at 5:10 because 'no one likes a clock-watcher'. I hated my life when I had a part time job and I hate my life now working a 50 hr a week job.

I usually don't see anything above $55k. Click here to join. Hit me up pals. I work considerably less than most people in my office (I'd say they are working between 60-70 hours a week), but my friends at other companies say that the amount I'm working is totally unreasonable. early 30s here. i'd change it if i could....but at the same time i need the income to plan for my future. I'd love to earn more and work less. We are looking for new friends in our reddit chatroom! Work 0 hours a week, also cant make new friends. $50k in DC as a third year designer working 50+ hours/week would make me cry myself to sleep. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to doing creative work full-time again soon. Cookies help us deliver our Services. i think our whole work-worship culture is rotten to the core. Occasionally I'll make a tad more than I did at the dealership, but the real winner for me is working ~30 hours a week. at least for the short term, sucking it up and dealing w/ the hours seems to be my best option.

I probably spent the better part of a decade working at the lower end of that spectrum (70-80 hours per week). Cookies help us deliver our Services. Posted by 2 hours ago Working 60-70 hours a week when do I make friends? You're not making 50k for 40 hours which I'm sure is what you agreed to. I don't own the business so ultimately there is no real big payoff for investing so much of myself in the business.

My creative productivity is far, far slower and that has caused my happiness to drop again. So in short, get your priorities straight. I'm just wondering if it's really that much different anywhere else. and i can't find a normal-hour job in my field making, say, $80k. Answer, I don't. Where are all these high paying graphic design jobs everyone keeps talking about? 50-60 hour work weeks are justifiable with the appropriate salary to offset the commitment. It's exceedingly rare to find a job that you love so much you never want to leave, but as long as you can enjoy your weekend without dreading Monday morning every week, you're doing fine.

This subreddit is for those who are looking to make some new friends on Reddit.

And if anyone else is in IT reading this, the market is too good right now for you to put up with shit like that. 1. I have a family which is why I hate working. I hate them. I'm not sure if I'm just used to the idea of "this is how it is" or if this actually is a reasonable schedule. Anyone who’s ever worked more than 50 hours a week knows what burnout feels like. I'm not a fan of my current job, but I was out of work a lot last year and that absolutely sucked more than anything, EDIT: Yeah, it's not the job dude. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I work in at a non-profit in a particularly work-obsessed area of the U.S. (Washington D.C). I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. I was a music contractor for a few years after grad school, but lack of dental insurance eventually meant I had to go back to get another day job. You probably haven't tried not (over-)working in combination with a sense of stability and security.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Trying to maximize family time. I had an interview once where I had basically asked them how many hours a week hey typically work. I've got 3 kids so going to work and having my own nice, clean, quiet space is pretty nice. Dude you're working half the week away, what do you do? I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, and I'm miserable. That's up to you but that's the situation.

Hope I can find a job like this some day.

If I was doing something I hated or just didn't care about I'd be completely miserable too. Of course there are all-hands-on-deck situations where everyone is going to have to pull a few long nights, but those should be the exception not the norm. The only nice benefit get is the ability to leave early and take time off when things are stable and slow. It took some work, but I was able to get out of him that they typically put in 10 hour days for 5 days a week.

most of the rest are making <$50k/year. If you receive any message request from a racist username with jews in it ,do not accept it and report us the username. The rest of the world is trying to push for less hours. r/Jobs is not for job listings. It is expected to be fake about liking something you would never be doing unless you were getting paid to do it. On Fridays I look forward to the weekend, but on Monday mornings I'm glad to walk into my office.

We are looking for new friends in our reddit chatroom! Here, it's not enough to simply be able to do a good job and be competent, you have to be 'passionate' and 'enthusiastic' about your work as well. I'm starting to think the job is not the problem. I think the difference for me is that I have lofty goals and work that I'm proud of, and view the day job as a simple means to an end. That's up to you but that's the situation. This is the key here. However, it just takes patience and a lot of time management. working 50-60 hours/week, plus emails + file transfers at home during leisure time. More posts from the MakeNewFriendsHere community, Continue browsing in r/MakeNewFriendsHere. I realize that with non-profit it's a bit more tricky because they can't simply increase prices, but at the same time, "non-profit" does not mean "non-revenue.". I have worked 80 - 100 hours for the past three years and am likely to continue to work at least 70 hours or more in my next gig. You are significantly under market for an intermediate designer in the DC area. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. I have a life again, I'm not stressed out, and I feel somewhat happy with what I do.

The main thing that frustrates me is I really get nothing out of it. In the mountain west, I'm pretty sure starting salaries for graphic designers at local firms is around $45k. I'm trying to join that movement. I keep reading on reddit how people have worked full time while going to school full time. This is a great time for the job seekers to start turning things like this around. Studies show that, over time, working long hours is bad for your health - increasing the risk of depression, heart attack and heart disease, among other ailments. I think 'work culture' in America is ridiculous and stupid. Hey u/pukadawg! Press J to jump to the feed. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. What all do you think about 50 - 60 hour work weeks? Let's just agree that a job is a job, something you have to do to afford the things you like to do. Weird. Send us a modmail if you find any NSFW messages. the key is to make your home life so bad you look forward to monday LOL. Yeah, I don't WANT to do this, the only thing helping is I actually really like graphic design.

It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. Are you worth $25 an hour or $16.

You are assuming all work value is equal.

I rarely take a lunch break because it would mean staying an extra hour to finish things up. A job gives you purpose. "I make a pretty good salary (I'm a graphic designer with less than 3 years experience making over $50k)."