Hardware and Technology. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest.

George S. Patton, How to remove external hard drive to use with PS5 console instead. Now its little white light … Did you try to connect your External Hard Drive to PC or Laptop?

If my answer was helped you to resolve your problem, please consider to mark it as Correct Answer. Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh. It was all fine until i updated my console yesterday to the latest update, now my harddrive is plugged in and i can hear it whirring and It also doesnt show up under storage in settings.

No error message or anything, just shows what is downloaded on the internal hard drive.

I switched it back on and everything was fine except my external hard drive is not being read/detected. unplugging and plugging everything back in, changing around which usb-3 port i'm using and trying a different usb-3 cable.

Action53: 48: 10/23 9:49AM: Anyone else having issues with external storage since the latest updates?

Updating your firmware for your console can help fix the Xbox One external hard drive stopped working issue. You can also try to reboot the PC and retry to connect your hard drive once again. Seriously, what happened with Dead Space 3? Oct 6, 2015 #1 I have a Seagate SRDOSPO Backup Plus Portable Drive.

Im going to try with a new cable, this requiress buying one and ill try anything else first, someone tell me if i need

Jun 6, 2010 264 1 81. Ive tried restarting, using different usb port and combinations. This thread is locked. it. Nothing is working. My seagate external hard drive is plugged into my xbox but my game s that i had on there are now ready to install. Can I disable the login feature on XBox One?

No problems whatsoever. Update Your Xbox One. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. You can also connect it to a different computer or use a different USB cable. Previous Next sonoferu Senior member. It was all fine until i updated my console yesterday to the latest update, now my I have it set to power saver and not instant on. Besides, you can reboot your PC and try to connect your Seagate external hard drive to the computer again. Now, you can check if the Seagate external hard drive Xbox One not working issue is fixed or not. Umbral-Daemon: 13: 10/22 5:28AM: What did you name your external hard drive?

Or you can try another USB port to connect the drive to your PC. My external actually turns off after about a minute after I turn my system off. The problem started after the update. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. i just unplug mine, instant on or fully off i notice the drive is always powered regardless. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. Memory and Storage. "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." Why is my Xbox One making weird beeping noises and will not connect to TV or controller?

Your hdd will be fine. Thread starter sonoferu; Start date Oct 6, 2015; Sidebar Sidebar. Fix 3.

Here’s how to manually update Xbox One: Step 1. If Have SMART enabled on the HD, and if can access the SMART data, then might have an insight of the HD health.

If i install a game via disc on Xbox one, do i have to insert the disc every time I have to play it?

Spoilers.

The blue light on the seagate is blinking which means that it's functioning normally, just the xbox isn't recognizing GT - Typ3 O Negativ3; PSN - BigLongDowner, Yeah if you have it on instant on it keeps the hard drive on for any background downloads and updates.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. My seagate external hard drive is plugged into my xbox but my game s that i had on there are now ready to install.

I haven't touched or done anything to the hard drive, cables, or xbox prior to yesterday.

Anyone know when beyond light is available for Gamepass?

Forums. Seagate Portable drive not blinking, not recognized. a new one or something.

Xbox one saying everything ''took too long too start'' error 0x8027025a?

So my xbox one updated yesterday and since then my external seagate hard drive is no longer connecting to my xbox. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. Anybody else having this issue?

In addition, you should check if there are any updates for your Xbox One currently. My xbox is also making a ticking sound (its not loud but it butdoesnt sound great) not when olaying a game. Any help or advice much appreciated, thanks in advance. I dint think the external hard drive is dead as i can feel and hesr the whirling of it. Nothing is wrong, nor will it hurt your drive.

If your Seagate external hard drive is blinking but is not detected by your PC, then you can try to unplug it from the USB port and should plug it into a different USB port. I have tried every trick involving full console restarts, You can pre-install Destiny 2 Beyond Light tomorrow after 7:00 p.m.

External HD light keeps blinking on XB even when off.

Can you store Series X games on external HD or none of the next gen systems can?

The blue light on the seagate is blinking which means that it's functioning normally, just the xbox isn't recognizing it. Because it is plugged in.

Xbox One controller will only flash while I am holding the middle button down? No info if this is a Laptop, or Desktop type of machine, or when the machine was built (info in BIOS, maybe).

Xbox One; External HD light keeps blinking on XB even when off; Topic Archived; More topics from this board... Can I have two external HDDs plugged in at once? The problem started after the update. Couple of years old, worked fine for system backups until yesterday.

Part 3: Seagate External Hard Drive Light Not Blinking. Do you mean instant on? I have tried all the troubleshooting on the xbox page but nothing is working.

Instant off? Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG: I've had a 2TB and now a 4TB WD.

Anybody else having this issue? Because that doesn’t shut off all the power. I haven't touched or done anything to the hard drive, cables, or xbox prior to yesterday.

working but the light on the front is not blinking at all, it should be.

The function of the light emanating from the hard disk is to let the user know when the hard disk is on, therefore, when this light is not working properly, it can be a sign of device malfunction; next, I will give you some recommendations to solve this problem. So, if you notice that external hard drive light is blinking but it is not getting read by the system, then you can try to connect the hard drive to another system and check if it is getting recognized.