The gameplay is stellar and can be quite challenging at times, but still forgiving at other times.

The tiny details are what take 18 Wheeler to the next level. In addition to the time limit, players also compete with the "Lizard Tail", a rival trucker. These tiny details add another dimension to the presentation and playability. Along the way you can, and you totally should, destroy literally everything that you see! Climb into the cab of one of 5 big-rigs and race against a maniacal rival who'll stop at nothing to get to the delivery point ahead of you.

Review forthcoming! The main purpose of the game is to make it to the finish line with the truck's cargo. Your email address will not be published. While one truck might be hauling a heavier load and is worth a lot of money upon delivery, it is extremely slow and tough to handle.

18 Wheeler features a time limit, just like most arcade racers, and oddly enough I seem to cross the finish line with 1 or 0 seconds just about EVERY time. Wrong… wait, I mean, yes. Other notable features of 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker are the graphics, the tiny details, and the mini-game. After Stage 1, the game gives the player a choice of trailer. It was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2001 and GameCube in 2002 by Acclaim Entertainment. Replay value is extremely limited considering how linear and one dimensional this game is, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun playing it from time to time. Well I’m not 100% sure, but I am pretty confident that NC and VA lead the nation in pork production. Everyone raves about Crazy Taxi being super fun, but the incentives just aren’t there. One trailer is harder to haul, but provides a bigger payoff while the other choice is easier to haul but provides a smaller payoff. "[33], "18-Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (DC) - Review", "18-Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (GC) - Review", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Truckers Review for Dreamcast on GamePro.com", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Review for GameCube on GamePro.com", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Review (DC)", "18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker Review (DC)", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Review (GC)", "18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker Review (GC)", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Review - GameCube [score mislabeled as "4/10"]", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Review - PlayStation 2", "18-Wheeler American Pro Trucker Review (GCN)", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker for Dreamcast Reviews", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker for GameCube Reviews", "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker for PlayStation 2 Reviews", "18-Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (ARC) - Review", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=18_Wheeler:_American_Pro_Trucker&oldid=967048110, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 July 2020, at 20:27. Tuesdays @ 9PM EST/8PM Central. Pure joy! But in 18 Wheeler, it puts so much significance on driving and steering, not to mention a more realistic representation of driving a tractor trailer.

The rival truckers are very aggressive and are often quicker and faster in the most frustrating of ways. 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (Arcade) ... 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker; Developer: Sega AM2 Publisher: Sega Platform: Arcade (NAOMI) Released internationally: 2000. I think it is best played with a friend!

Each route takes approximately 1 min and 30 seconds to traverse, which is a good thing and a bad thing.