Substance Painter is great. To emphasize the difference between the initial and the final model, here's an impression of the rough Blender Dyntopo speed-sculpture next to the 3D-Coat auto-retopologized, subdivided and smooth-shaded model. • Try to make use of symmetry whenever possible. I would not recommend 3D Coat on grounds of not supporting the poisonous views of the main developers of that app. This is just what I've noticed with what I've been using them for (mainly texturing). Symmetry was activated in both tools, and no changes were made to the default settings, with two exceptions: 1 — ZRemesher's Adaptive option was deactivated, to force the resulting polygon amount more to the Target Polygons Count value. Oh, but thanks anyway. It can be a tedious, time-consuming and sometimes puzzling process. The Autopo algorithm and ZRemesher's algorithms take a similar amount of calculation time, depending on your computing capacity and the model's complexity. The workflow of digital sculpting feels very much like traditional sculpting, adding daubs of digital clay and dynamically shaping them into a sculpture, while polygon subdivision modeling requires careful construction and adjustment of a quadrangular polygon cage in order to successfully subdivide it to a smooth result. General handling of brushes is a bit more straightforward and doesn't require you to squint at a "depth" modifier that screws up your concept of displacement (that always drives me crazy in 3dCoat). The tools that are much in better in 3d coat are: topology and voxels. Então, vamos ver como eles são classificados. I'm giving 3DCoat a try. Comparação cara a cara entre 3d coat vs ZBrush (Infográficos) Abaixo está a diferença top 10 entre 3d Coat vs ZBrush Is 3d coat better than substance painter on texture painting when it comes to human models? I've always done my UV mapping in Blender rather than either, so I didn't compare them on that. Upload stories, poems, character descriptions & more. 2 — Autopo's Required Polygon Count was doubled from 5000 to 10000, because that made the resulting polygon amount comparable to a ZRemesher Target Polygon Count value of 5, which should equal 5000 polygons, but the resulting amount of polygons still deviated somewhat from that number. Good to know! Voxels are nice for setting up the starting mesh (especially when you need to do boolean operations) on which the details can be added using the surface mode. As you can see, the results with the applied near-default settings are quite similar at first sight. In other words: auto-retopology tools are not foolproof yet. I appreciate your trying to help. I am kinda new to ZBrush, I have had it for about 1 1/2 years. I hope to finish my first sculpt soon. I like it even better than the 3ds Max Graphite tools which I used exessively back in the day and found pretty good. polycounter lvl 15. They preach religion on their website and their EULA includes a clause because of it that stipulates you are not allowed to make anything with the software that they deem "obscene" or … As a beginner you may need to start with 3d Coat, make some money, and then add Zbrush later (as I did), since 3d Coat costs about half as much. Thank you, I was kinda proud of that one. For the best of both worlds, many 3D modelers manually retopologize their models when the freeform sculpting is finished, restructuring the surface to a smooth quad-polygon result. This quad-polygon structuring and restructuring can be time-consuming and sometimes frustrating, and often takes away the spontaneous part of 3D model creation. I was working part-time at various terrible jobs, so the money I could make at Rendo was extremely welcome. Switching to the front view, you can see that both ZRemesher algorithms kept the eyebrow area more defined than Autopo. What do you think I should get? You can like my blog posts or leave a comment at Artstation. It is the case that you may want to learn them all, but I would not advise all at once. It's called Instant Meshes, and deserves an honourable mention. A smooth polygon flow is usually realized by constructing rows and columns (rings and loops) of quadrangular polygons that fluidly follow the flow of the 3D shapes (convex and concave areas, creases and other surface features). Particularly the eyes are surrounded by nicely distributed, smooth edge loops, while both ZRemesher results are a bit cluttered around the eyes, resulting in some tension and edge loop spiralling there. Oh, I know. • I've found that a mesh with triangular polygons often works better as input for auto-retopology than a quad-based mesh. Maybe it's easier for the algorithms to process the generic flow of a triangular surface, which also usually has fewer polygons than a quad-based mesh. For one thing, I've never really tried to sculpt new geometry in 3d Coat. I find blenders sculpting, texture painting, retopology and UV editing tools lacking so I would like a program that can complement blender in these areas. Basically in most tools Zbrush tops 3d coat. You can decimate and/or triangulate your input mesh before applying auto-retopology. Zbrush alone will not handle painting much better than Blender does. 3D-Coat's auto-retopology tool is called Autopo, and ZBrush features ZRemesher. Looking at the dog's face, my personal preference goes to 3D-Coat's Autopo result. I am user of 3d coat and mudbox but i use zbrush too. They had no price controls back then, so I could make a shirt with lots of morphs, sell it for $5, and make a tidy profit compared to what I could earn temping or being a coffee girl. So you’ll want some other app (maybe substance painter or mari indie) as a companion. On the other hand, the edge loop flow in the mouth's corner cavity areas is slightly better in the Autopo result. Dyntopo is short for dynamic topology, and I love to use it for conceptual sculpting, as polygons are generated in realtime while you sculpt, enabling you to freely focus on shaping your model without having to worry about its polygon structure. There are no ZBrush that can do that at the moment. Aside from being able to vertex paint on multires, it’s really no better. Find out what other deviants think - about anything at all. There is another automatic retopology tool. I am still to complete a sculpt. I have had good luck with the autopo function which automatically re-topologies the mesh and bakes the base textures for you (AO, depth, etc). It exported, but it exported a one-layer .psd flattened to the white layer still. I have not looked into 3D Coat yet but Zbrush looks very tempting! I've uploaded all my legacy items there in bundles, and they'll be up as soon as the site approves them. Zbrush, unfortunately, doesn’t have a demo unless they added on recently. You can even apply the famous Photoshop blending modes to your 3D objects in Mudbox. Also, I can tell you that this guy: http://www.izmeth.com/#!portfolio/ I don’t have much personal experience with 3DCoat myself (I went with the zbrush/substance painter combo), but it seems better suited to what you want. Zbrush is the king of sculpting, there is no doubt. I chose the Autopo result, because I personally liked that just a bit more than ZRemesher's results, using this test's near-default settings. ZBrush technique for sculpting photographed cracks into the model using alpha and dragrect tool 7. No alpha. Offline / Send Message. I am using some tutorials, it does help, but it is still hard. I wasn't very good. 3D Coat vs Zbrush. After speed-sculpting the above-pictured happy dog I decided to do a little test to get an impression which auto-retopology tool yields the most satisfactory out-of-the-box result, 3D-Coat's Autopo or ZBrush's ZRemesher. I used 3D-Coat version 4.8, and ZBrush 4R8. Zbrush is more widely used in the industry and is the tool for sculpting especially organic objects. They just added PBR texturing to 3D-Coat that uses some procedural methods which is fun. Here’s what I’ve gathered about them: 3d coat is cost half as much, and seem to have much better texturing and hard surface sculpting tools. Other than really needing a super powerful computer to run at full bore. Of course, you ought to download the trials of both, and make up your own mind. I used 3D-Coat version 4.8, and ZBrush 4R8. It's indispensable to me for normal maps but I wouldn't use it for UV or base mesh generation.