I’ve shared lots of variations on seven layer cookie bars over the years. Butter – I always use real butter when baking, but you can swap in margarine if desired.. Graham cracker crumbs – I usually cheat and keep a box of pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs on hand, but you can make your own crumbs very easily. Sprinkle 1-1/4 cups pecans over surface of baked crust. Since those aren’t safe for my daughter who has a life threatening nut allergy, we stick with sweetened condensed milk. If you want a paler crust, use macadamia nuts. Magic Bars include something for everyone and that’s part of their appeal. This bar only needs to have five layers, depending on how easy you want the making of them to be. They are ready in a matter of minutes and taste like heaven! I hope you get to make them soon! Lovely for, What do you think? A good 7 layer magic cookie bar starts with a simple graham cracker crust.

Keto, Low Carb version with Swerve: Allow cream to fast simmer/slow boil 14 minutes. 1. These are the most beautiful bars! Coat with non-stick cooking spray. Do not make ahead, because it will set up and does not reheat well. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to, This is Paleo & AIP Caramel Apple Pie! I like that you include a macadamia version for those of us who can’t eat walnuts. — All turn out perfectly, and you’ll love bringing them to share for holiday parties or other gatherings. Layer evenly with semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, and nuts. Cut into bars. Home » Baking & Sweets » Brownies and Bars » Seven Layer Bars, Baking & Sweets Brownies and Bars Christmas HolidayDecember 3, 2019 by LOVE FROM THE OVEN, Your email address will not be published. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Blogging about desserts and cookies for the last 10 years, quite a few sweets have passed through our kitchen. A good 7 layer magic cookie bar starts with a simple graham cracker crust. Gotta be careful with this one… you might eat the whole pan on “accident”. You can also add the customary homemade butterscotch and white chocolate chips. Cindy. !, delicious and naturally low in carbs — thus making 7 layers. After baking and bars have cooled, entire pan of bars can be lifted out of the pan by using the foil edges to lift out.

I overload it with chocolate and white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips but skip the nuts.