He has this fascination with death, the dying and dead things. Perhaps the others Eliot “deals” with accept that they are dead much more quickly, perhaps Anna fights much harder. well, if your consciousness exists as the sum of chemical and electrical reactions in your brain between your nerves, then when you die those reactions would cease once your cells ran out of their sources of energy, and then eventually everything starts to decay and break down, with energy being lost as heat & the components of your brain and body being eaten by bacteria & other things. She even asks why she can’t feel anything. What he intends to say here is that he considers aimless people to be as good as dead. This happened to my grandfather. These do NOT sound the same as "DMT trips" or other trip reports, and the whole "your brain etc etc DMT trip at death etc etc." He feels they are better off in the ground, six feet under.

Paul begins to think that Anna is alive and tries to confront Eliot, but with no success. There are a whole variety of medical conditions which can produce auditory and visual hallucinations.

Anna was proclaimed dead as there was no heartbeat or a pulse. Especially if you are in the mood to figure “what happened” after you are done with the film. You should read through them, you might spend all night reading. The problem with personal and subjective "evidence" is that it is just that: personal, subjective and not evidence. "the smasher": description, ofton other torments are applied like "the cube" "the ligthning" and "The fire" and even "The singularity", person is smashed into small atomic bits, feels pain of being in bits as if nerves were never severd, ofton combined with any above descriubed torment, for other possibal torments see SCP-666-H. Nde's are the most convincing for me. Afterlife Ending Explained By the end of the series Tony comes to realise that in loss there is also the opportunity to regain and grow. He’s not yet engaged to her and is therefore not family. Eliot has drugged Anna sufficiently to ensure she can’t feel anything, not even her own pulse. All those presses are obsolete. Paul arrives to see the apparently dead Anna.

The chick might be clinically alive but is somehow unwilling to heal and get better. Also, the paper was of the type it would have been then, and again, no longer available. Maybe the best way I can explain this is the Disney Pixar movie Coco lol.

machine ofton will repeat this process, in which more souls will be mixed togeather, eventualy what appears to be thousonds even millions of souls are stuck to the walls of the machine, being tormented by large rollers keeping them all in an indesinquable grotesque mass of flesh.

And they are guarding that picture of reality.

Doing nothing with their lives.

Heat energy in the brain dissipates into the surroundings as the body cools, and the chemical energy is transferred to other living organisms and into the ground during the process of decomposition. The chick that Jack has in his possession is a dying chick, not yet dead.

You should look into it, whether you're atheist, agnostic, don't-careist, or religious.

Later on, Anna has a pointless fight with Paul and storms out on him. There are people with ideas about what nature is in science, but not the other way around. I woke up relieved and found out after the fact his ashes "had" been in our house (it was my dad's brother) but they hadn't told me so I wouldn't be weird about it. It also made me think of regrets too. So why don’t you go and find out for yourself.

I have to bury them all.

That is a fairly strong assumption to how Anna lands up alive at his funeral home, but proclaimed medically dead.

Anna hears Paul at Eliot’s house but is convinced that she is dead and she needs to move on. But he is also filled with suspicion about Eliot. He perhaps has been keeping a watch on her. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Eliot is a character who has grown tired of people who live meaningless, empty lives. Eliot is really giving that chance to Anna, but is disappointed because she chooses death. When Jack sees Anna at the funeral home, he naturally assumes that he sees the dead Anna. Instead, we are shown Paul continuing to drive in an empty street, reaching the cemetery and rescuing Anna from her grave. She realizes that Eliot has been lying to her. Users may also discuss possible theories of debunking such submissions. I maintain it as a personal matter--proving it to others just doesn't seem so important. This is an important observation you are making.

He offers her to get up and walk out. This could be because Eliot has bugged the phone or just bad luck. Then later on I found out I was the ONLY person who hadn't seen him before he died.

Great acting!

Paul suspects Eliot and is therefore not going to fall for anything Eliot has to say. Jack is attempting to nurse it back to health. also, if energy cannot be destroyed, how would our consciousness, spirit, whatever you want to call it, stop existing? 'Nature' has a philosophical meaning that is synonymous with 'an idea about reality'.

(he was cremated.). He’s speeding and overtaking. Why that funeral home? Paul tries to work it with the cops to get a warrant to search Eliot’s place but the cops don’t believe him.

i remember one story where someone was describing the surgeon and that he was doing some specific maneuver with his arms while in the room. r/Paranormal provides a platform to discuss and share true personal paranormal experiences, evidence, thoughts, and theories. Science is just a way of investigating reality, it's not inherently tied to naturalism, physicalism, idealism, dualism or any idea about nature. And, most importantly, even if someone had obtained an original copy, there is NO WAY it could be preserved in pristine condition, even if it was in a museum. But Paul has no support, he has to back down. Later, a mannequin wearing a red slip reminds Paul that Anna was wearing that the morning of the accident. Anna’s mother doesn’t seem to like him and tells him that he shouldn’t have let her drive in that weather.

As a killer, this is possibly him giving his victims a last chance.

These dead people talk to him too.

They are not paranormal activities. What happens off camera is this – because he’s at the scene of the accident before anyone else, he has the time to inject Anna with a drug that slows her pulse to a near stop. They altogether make a corroborative narrative of other levels of existence outside the world of our physical sensory organs and physical body. Eliot offers Anna a last chance. Well, perhaps given the known circle of people, he’s the more obvious choice.

They had the newspaper analyzed and found that it was printed on a letterpress as it would have been back in the day. Oh, and Jack is in on this kill too. "After.Life" is a strange movie that never clearly declares whether Anna (Christina Ricci) is dead or alive. Eliot causes Anna’s accident. I’m the only one who can see all these corpses. Anna snaps out of it, she’s still in the funeral home and she says “no”.

Not to live with regrets. This happens in the first scene with the piano teacher too. It could not have been created today. Taking the air away from those who actually want to live. Eliot has her convinced that she is dead. Suffocating us with their stench. Anna (Christina) is a middle school teacher in a relationship with Paul (Justin). It was weird because in the dream he told everyone "I just want to see my niece" which was strange to me at the time but I needed the closure as there had been no official funeral. Eliot drugs her and the funeral ceremony begins. IMO, its just logic.

But she’s not yet dead, she’s alive. Well here’s why. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Hmm, what can I say here without giving away crucial elements of the story… well, it’s a great film, makes for a really awesome catch-up. Just like 'natural' meant a thousand years ago that the earth was the centre of the universe. Eliot has convinced Jack that he needs to bury the beings that are incapable of living.