This is one of those times. Pieces are various sizes. This looks lovely. I just made this lovely strata. Sprinkle half of the ham cubes over the bread. Spread the cubed bread over a baking dish or sheet pan in a single layer. Remove the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to shock the asparagus and stop the cooking. In bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions. Spread half of the bread cubes over the bottom of the casserole dish. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! Lightly beat eggs with milk. Looking forward to leftovers! Is it okay to use these in this recipe, or will they remain too hard? Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. of thin fresh asparagus sliced into 1 inch pieces. Pour evenly over layers in dish. My guests thought the bread circles were biscuits because they puffed up so nicely. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Breakfast casserole with rustic bread, egg, Gruyere cheese, milk, cream, ham, and asparagus. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch, this make-ahead eggy casserole combines toasted English muffins with layers of cheese, mushrooms, and Thanks for a great, all-purpose, make-ahead breakfast casserole. Air-Fryer Breakfast Croquettes with Egg & Asparagus, Savory Waffles with Asparagus, Gruyere and Onion, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided, 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces). This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Honeyed Raspberry and Banana Ricotta Toast, Delicious Sweet and Savory Brunch Recipes. You can easily make ahead. Another hit. You can use as heavy of a cream as you like.

If I substitute bacon, should I cook it before hand or put it in the casserole raw? Definitely cook the bacon first, not crispy though, just cooked through. don’t know that I’ve seen it that way before, Super organized, that Elise! Top with ham, asparagus, and cheese. What a tasty strata! No need to blanch then, right? Thank you! In bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream. Return to a boil and blanch the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes. The color and texture and taste are amazing. Froze half; have been slicing the rest for (wonderful) sandwiches. Hi Mary Ann, we keep the crust mostly on. Asparagus Ham Strata Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home have a ham piece that’s a little too smokey to eat ‘plain’ so this might be the dish to use it in. I was able to get a smallish one for around $7.50. —Ethel Pressel, New Oxford, Pennsylvania, Asparagus Ham Strata Recipe photo by Taste of Home, Prep: 20 min. Ham and Asparagus Strata. Pour egg mixture over top of the bread layers. If you do, please let us know how it turns out for you. (If using chicken add salt.)

square baking dish. Can I use frozen asparagus pieces? Brush four 325ml ramekins or ovenproof dishes with the melted butter to lightly grease. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Place in oven and bake until lightly toasted, about 7 to 8 minutes. Next morning, just pop it in the oven. Step 1. Remove and set aside. Ham and Asparagus Strata Ham and Asparagus Strata …

Lower the oven temperature to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended.

Add asparagus; cook 5 minutes or until bright green.

For those who don’t indulge in even half hams because they are just too much ham for two persons, I found the most amazing ham at Costco. in the mix which is not stated in the recipe at all. I have some cubed bread (rustic baguette) that I cut a while ago for something that I didn’t end up making. Adapated from Better Homes & Gardens.

Any chance broccoli might work instead? Top with cheese, onion, chives and half the ham and asparagus… Transfer to a greased 8-in. Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs Everyone loves it! What I also love about this recipe is that it can actually be made and then frozen to use at a later time. Need to use up some leftover ham? Add onion, salt and mustard; mix well. Step 2. 6 Bake: Cover with aluminum foil and place in the 350°F oven for 40 minutes.