This is a fairly simple and easy recipe. I could definitely go for one of these cupcakes! I’ll have to figure out my own way to get the cream in . I made a Bostom Cream Cake a long long time ago. Hi Michelle! No syrup on her waffles, no mayo on her sandwich, no ketchup on her fries…WEIRD! Your cupcakes look so moist and inviting. The ganache should be thick, thick enough that you will have a heavy Does that seem normal? Yum! I use heavy whipping cream no less than 38% fat. Here's how to make them with step-by-step To keep them from spilling over, don’t fill the batter too high. You just can’t go wrong with pastry cream and chocolate! Five years ago: Filled Raisin Cookies

I did not attempt to make the topping; why waste the chocolate.? Dip and sweep, spoon and level, sift and level? In the meantime, prepare the cream by mixing together 1/2 the milk and the condensed milk . I wasn’t much of a donut fan as a kid either, I really just liked the chocolate frosting :) Boston Cream pie with the filling and the chocolate though, yum! The higher the pastry cream to cake ratio, the happier my taste buds are. I love Boston Cream ANYTHING!! Have a great day! Strain the custard while still warm into a clean bowl to remove any undissolved gelatin or curdled egg. Now those doughnuts I would gobble up and look for seconds. These were so good that I made them twice in one week! TRIED MY RECIPE? Add the cream and stir.

cream. Hi Anthony, I think these would freeze just fine. I just wanted to let you know that I have borrowed your pastry cream and modified it slightly so make the most amazing frozen custard! Any idea what else I can use to give my glaze that beautiful gloss? Lol. :), Love this recipe, but can’t picture how to cut the cake and then get the cream in. (Or use and offset spatula to frost the cupcake.)

These look absolutely delicious though! full. Hi, could I double this recipe or even triple it? WOW! Holding a cupcake in the palm of your hand, stick the open end of the tube through Yummy… It works for cakes, too! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Count me out on the funnel cake train, as well. Pour the hot milk in a steady stream into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly. I would only eat boston cream, bavarian cream or the chocolate cake glazed doughnuts. You can use good quality chocolate chips but chocolate I love this recipe. Remove from molds and garnish with strawberries. Hi Catherine, Even if you’ve never used it, if it’s available to you, I would recommend using it.

Once the cupcakes have cooled, the insides are hollowed out and filled to the brim with pastry cream, then the entire top of the cupcake is smothered in a chocolate ganache glaze. The cream center is calling me!! Hi Sarah, If the pastry cream was like water, it needed to cook longer; it should definitely thicken significantly before coming off of the heat. I am in LOVE! Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @thebrowneyedbaker on Instagram so I can see it! They did not appear to be undercooked – I ate one plain, and they tasted fine, just small.

I don’t know if I’m up for making eclairs, but these cupcakes I can do :). And I think all of your readers miss Einstein, too! These look fabulous.

The filling is a creamy vanilla without being too sweet.

SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER.

These cupcakes sound delicious! cream, and topped with chocolate ganache. A vanilla Bavarian Cream also called creme' Bavaria or just Bavarios is a custard based dessert made with vanilla pastry cream as a base. Carefully reheat just as necessary and stir until the ganache A classic French dessert that is delicious as exotic as it looks. Required fields are marked *. Nutritional values are based on one cupcake, Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. These look Delish! How do you measure your flour? These are A-MAZING!! Any-who, Boston Cream is my husbands favorite so I will be giving these cupcakes a try ASAP! I had to talk myself out of stopping for some this morning. Boil them on low heat, then in a thin trickle pour in the beaten together flour, sugar, rum, egg yolks and set aside milk.