:) never seen that happen before! How do I make this Easy Beef Picadillo.

No one will know you used the turkey! Great recipe, we wil make again! This looks delicious! Different countries prepare their picadillo differently.

Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors.

The capers, and olives are very salty.

I decided to go with your recipe and I am soooooo glad I did.

Also added some garlic powder bc felt that there wasnt enough garlic. Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, 7 to 10 minutes. I loooove this website and ALL the recipes you post!!! I did however leave out the raisins, used sweet white wine ( as that’s all I had, added a little garlic salt and cayenne pepper for heat, but other than that I stuck with the rest of the recipe exactly. So I think the potatoes need to be pretty cookd through before moving to the next step.

This reminded me so much of the picadillo I had in Havana. Mix in the bell pepper, cumin, pepper and a little salt – not too much as the olives and capers are salty.

Put the beef to the side of the pan and throw in the onion and garlic, stir until softened.

You will need the following ingredients to make this Easy Beef Picadillo: Olive Oil, Yellow Onion, Garlic Cloves, Ground Beef, Crushed Tomatoes, Green Olives, Raisins, Tomato Paste, Red Wine Vinegar, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Ground Cumin, Salt and Slivered Almonds. Thanks for the recipe! Cook the ground beef in a large skillet with some diced onions until the meat is lightly browned. It's delicious! I really like the raisins though, so I tossed in a handful more. It’s a traditional dish in Latin America which is also well-known in the Philippines with variation in some of the ingredients. In a pan, put the ground beef and cook over medium heat until browned. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Same delicious recipe as my Grandmother’s with the exception of cumin. In a medium-size frying pan, brown the ground beef with a dash of cumin and pepper, drain off any excess grease, and set aside. Add the pureed tomato sauce mixture, cover and cook for 10 minutes. If you made this recipe, please choose a star rating. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and serve with steamed white rice or flour tortilla. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. I always ejoy the Cuban version and yes, pastelitos sound good right about now. Made this last night and turned out great! Simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Please try again. After years of experimenting in the kitchen and receiving rave reviews from family and friends, I decided to write a cookbook and share my recipes with you. Stir to combine and heat to boiling. Subscribe to the newsletter to get updates on my new recipes!

I’ll have to try making this soon. Beef Picadillo is a hash or basically a spicy stew made with ground beef, bits and pieces of vegetables, and other ingredients that vary by region. Taste and adjust any seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin or additional olives/capers.

In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbs of olive oil over med-low heat and cook the diced onion until soft.

Last Modified: September 18, 2020 - No Comments - This post may contain affiliate links. They RAVED about it and gave the ultimate compliment – they said it was as good as what their grandmother used to make.

Before a comment appears it needs to be approved by the site owner. Second time making this delicious recipe!

Hi Kelly – You can substitute the white wine with beef stock or chicken stock, add a dash lemon juice or cider vinegar to it (to mimic the acidity of the white wine). Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes to help the sauce reduce a bit and get the flavors super concentrated. Just discovered your website – love it.

Pan de yuca, also known as cheese bread or yuca bread, are yummy melt in your mouth warm breads made with cheese and yuca or …, Chaulafan de pollo is an Ecuadorian chicken fried rice made with rice, chicken, bacon, onions, garlic, peppers, bell peppers, peas, carrots, scrambled eggs, raisins, spices …, Humitas are savory steamed fresh corn cakes made from a mixture of freshly ground corn, onion, garlic, cheese, eggs, and cream, which is placed inside ….

True, but I bet ground turkey picadillo tastes better than ground turkey cooked in many other ways :). Most of … Add onions, chorizo and garlic, stir to combine and cook until the onions have started to soften, approximately 10 minutes. I made this last night and it turned out perfect. Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.Use a Thermometer to ensure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F. This dish stretched for almost three nights for our family of three.

Stir to combine … You can add quail eggs and sweet peas instead of the mixed vegetables. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.

I boiled my potatoes for a bit to speed up the cooking.

I made this tonight. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! It was the strangest thing!

I used the golden raisins and it was so tasty! :).

In fact it’s better than the picadillo recipes in my Cuban cookbooks! One of my all-time favorite Picadillo recipes is my Authentic Cuban Picadillo Recipe. Add the ground beef and the wine, let the liquid reduce. Add the ground Can someone tell me how many this recipe serves? Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well. Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes. It is served with rice or used as a filling in dishes such as tacos, and some fried or baked savory pastries. Yes, it’s a tomato and onion curtido (pickled in lime juice) over lettuce, recipe is here: https://www.laylita.com/recipes/2008/01/04/curtido-de-cebolla-y-tomate-pickled-red-onion-and-tomato-salad/. I left out the raisins and olives (husband isn’t a fan) and I topped it off with fresh cilantro and scallions. Regardless of where it comes from, they are all delicious! But feel free to experiment on your own! I am a foodie and self-taught cook. this looks delish!! Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Keep these great recipes coming!!ll. Back in April we spent spring break in Austin, it was the first time we had gone back to Austin since moving to Seattle. Will be making for New Year’s this year :).

If you want you can do all the vegetable prep (peeling, chopping, dicing) ahead of time and have it ready.

Add tomatoes, olives, raisins, tomato paste, vinegar, cocoa, cumin, and salt. We filipino’s eat something very similar but im not sure what the correct name is for the dish. We put fish sauce in it instead of salt and is truly delicious. Mix in the bell pepper, cumin, pepper and a little salt – not too much as the olives and capers are salty. Being married to a Cuban man, making this was always intimidating but not anymore.

In its simplest form, a picadillo usually includes some sort of sofrito (garlic, peppers, onions and various spices), meat (beef, turkey or chicken), raisins and olives. I served the picadillo with rice, a tomato and onion lime pickled salad, and fried ripe plantains. Don’t add salt until you taste this recipe because of the pickled items. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

If the mixture becomes overly dry, add ½ cup of water at a time as needed. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. I was searching online for a Cuban recipe (I’ve never cooked a Cuban dish in my life) I came across a lot of picadillo recipes.

Add the potatoes pieces and cook for about 5 minutes. Delicious recipe! Followed the recipe to a tee. Thank you!!! Add the potatoes, carrots, and peas and cook for 5 minutes.

You can also use ground chicken or turkey in place of the ground beef. thanks for the recipe. I let it simmer for almost two hours and even though I diced my potatoes in tiny pieces, they were still a bit crunchy. But in the end, it was SUPER DELICIOUS!!!!

I’m looking forward to making this recipe. Of course, I had to ask for the recipe and Joe was kind enough to share the recipe – and he did such an awesome job writing it that I barely adapted it before sharing it with you. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are ready. He also mentioned that if you make the beef picadillo without potatoes you can use it as a filling for papas rellenas, which are stuffed mashed potato balls that are rolled in a mix of bread crumbs and then fried – I will definitely try those soon. As soon as I saw the pics for this picadello recipe I made it immediately… Uhhh wow… It brings me back to a little restaurant in Brooklyn called Georges where they stuff a maduro with this meat sauce which is almost exactly like this picadello recipe…. Next time will cut up more cloves. Add tomatoes, olives, raisins, tomato paste, vinegar, cocoa, cumin, and salt. Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low.

Cook for 5 more minutes and then add the olives and capers.

To my delight I no longer crave Georges stuffed maduros thanks to you!!! :) I would recommend not adding any salt until everything is basically done, and its time for a taste test.

Add the mixed vegetables. If the sauce thickens too much, you can add some more wine or a little bit of water.

Just made this dish for the first time, very yummy and super easy.

Stir in almonds and serve. The pictures on this website makes me want to make everything on it … I thank you for that….

Everyone in my family loved it!

Step 3 Stir olives, raisins, capers, tomato sauce, sazon seasoning, cumin, sugar, and salt through the ground beef …

This was absolutely delicious! Can you tell me how you made that salad?! Thank you!

While this picadillo recipe does call for quite a few ingredients, don't let that scare you away. I served with white rice, plantains, & ensalada de aguacate.

Disclosure: THIS WEBSITE IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM. It’s a traditional dish in Latin America which is also well-known in the Philippines with variation in some of the ingredients. Great pictures.

Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Filed Under: Beef, Caribbean, Comfort food, Latin America, Main dishes, Meat, Potatoes, Quick. Cuban beef picadillo is a traditional dish made with ground beef, potatoes, onions, garlic, cumin, bell peppers, white wine, tomato sauce, raisins, olives and capers.