Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2018. This was my first experience with the axis lock and I wont be purchasing another.

Benchmade Griptillian.

Very glad I finally decided on the thumb hole instead of a thumb stud, I think it just gives the blade a nice streamlined look.

Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2018. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

The blade, either black coated blade or with a satin finish, can lose the coating with continued use. Expected better for $106. And that's where the 2 stars are from. It uses an Axis lock and deploys via a circular thumb hole. Though some might correctly argue that it is not the highest quality steel out there, it is indeed a great option. And i dont know what im gonna do about the blade play yet. It is important to appreciate that FRN is plastic reinforced with fiberglass. The mini comes with two deployment options, the thumb hole or thumb stud. Liners also provide additional structural reinforcement and strength. Het AXIS lock werkt al ruim een jaar zeer soepel en is nog altijd even solide.

A closer look at the knives market reveals it is evolving at a very fast rate. This is one of the reasons why the griptilian mini has won the hearts of many people. You can dismember the blade, the clip, and other parts to remove the dirt that accumulates at the moving parts. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. For comparison, I have the Northfork(wood), regular griptilian, 940-2, bug out, and series of other knives including several spydercos including the paramilitary 2 and karahawk.

The liners are lined carefully so that the blade smoothly slides and locks in position without resistance. First off, I fully recommend the Mini Grip for EDC. De meeste modellen bevatten een dubbele duimknop, maar er zijn ook varianten met een duimgat en een zogeheten “sheepsfoot” of tanto lemmet. The 555-1 is made in the USA. They are adjustable and easily lock the blade to guarantee the user of extra security when stuck in the pocket and in use. Een klein veertje zorgt voor weerstand, zodat het mes in gesloten positie niet openvalt. The focus of good manufacturers is to create the best EDC knife that every person can associate with. Originally I was disappointed by some QC issues, but this knife is growing on me. Spread the love. You can open the knife slowly by rotating the thumb or flicking it quickly. Om het mes weer te sluiten dient het staafje tevens naar achter gehaald te worden.

Het grote nadeel van deze coating is dat het erg krasgevoelig is. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Not as long as a bug out but slightly thicker.

mini are very effective, it is not without a disadvantage. I just think there are better options if you want to spend this kind of money on an edc knife. First, the knife now has G10 handles. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

But this is a common occurrence with most pocket knives. They have dedicated the company’s effort to perfecting their products while ensuring that all can afford. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Gesloten is het mes 9,8cm en ongeveer 1,3cm dik (exclusief clip).

Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2019. EverydayCarry is a reader-supported startup. Met een ruim aanbod en veel informatie kunt u de beste keuze maken. Comparably, the manix is the next best thing within this size but I much prefer the ergos of benchmades, this blade shape, and the quality of heat treat to this metal over all. I don't hate it enough to send it back. It has a very plastic feeling to it. 5 Best Benchmade Griptilian Knives Review: 1.

I’ll stick to spyderco ball bearing lock or framelocks. Daarbij komt dat 154CM vaak beter betaalbaar is vergeleken met S30V of M390.

If you have been looking for a high quality every day carry knife, it is important to put the focus on quality and functionality.

I love the design of this knife, it flicks well and has a great lockup.

Benchmade mini Griptilian review.

The handle is firm and constructed from fiberglass reinforced nylon (FRN) on complete stainless liners. Review: Benchmade 555-1 Mini Griptilian. Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556-1 Review.

I was concerned about spending so much on a pocketnife, but if I spend like 70 bucks or more on a damn video game - I think having something physical day-to-day is worth investing in. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2017. It features a unique wedge and a hollow grind. Benchmade mini griptilian is among the most used every day carry (EDC) knives today. This can easily give the knife an unsightly appearance. The handle is firm and constructed from, mechanics are similar.

People often forget how important it is to be ready for a life-threatening scenario. De zakmessen uit de Griptilian serie zijn verkrijgbaar in vele kleuren en varianten.

The biggest issue with the clip is that the coating will come out with time.

But only after I pay 10+ dollars to ship it to them. Het nadeel hiervan is echter de prijs, bijna 50% duurder dan de mini Griptilian. Dit staafje zit over het uiteinde van het lemmet heen. Everything is either a click away or conveniently wrapped up and served at the local supermarket franchise.

The blade on my first order was quite off-center (was exchanged), the pink handle attracts smudges (possibly from the black bolts and clip), and there are two holes at the end of the handle that look like manufacturing mistakes (see photo).

It is a tried alloy that provides the optimal balance between toughness, corrosion resistance, and edge retention.

It is sharper, has better steel, has a smoother action, feels like a quality product, and requires nothing more than a couple drops of your favorite lube. Voor mij heeft een EDC zakmes als mini Griptilian precies de goede afmeting.

I recieved it with a small amount of blade play that i cannot get out while still keeping the pivot usefull. I know some people may be turned off by the price but if you are looking for a reliable EDC blade that is OK to carry most places this is your Knife. The blade used in this knife takes the classic drop point design. To identify a good knife, it is important to start by looking at the manufacturer. Mede doordat het handvat gemaakt is van kunststof is het niet zo dun als bij de meeste aluminium handvaten. Of course Benchmade will fix the issue. Even other quality survival knives also suffer from the same problem. I lubed it and loosened the pivot screw about 3/4 of a turn.

Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

You can comfortably fit it in the pocket, car dashboard, or even tuck on the socks like the military personnel. .

Other specifications include. Your email address will not be published. You can see on the photo the spring does not hug the thumb stud like it should and it is slanted vs straight. It is a solid knife to add to the rotation so much that all of my spydercos except the pm2 are being phased out. It features a unique wedge and a hollow grind.

Het totale gewicht van de Griptilian is 72,6 gram. Messenshop.nl is uw webshop als het gaat om messen, van keukenmes tot zakmes. The AXIS lock, unlike other folding designs, has a small loaded spring that the user holds before closing. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It felt better after that. Required fields are marked *, takes the classic drop point design. Honestly, imho, the only comparable item to the mini grip is the bug out for knives of this size even with the pm3 out the manix don't really compare.

Benchmade 940. The blade, either black coated blade or with a satin finish, can lose the coating with continued use. De AXIS sluiting voor mij het grootste voordeel van de Benchmade Griptilian. It is secured with three bolts that allow you to dismember and assemble with ease. Die zijn over het algemeen altijd ontworpen voor rechthandigen. Login. Also the pivot even when i back the screw amlost all the way out is still too rough to free fall. I mostly liked the quality of the spydercos and they were among my first higher quality knives that I owned. Toch kan het mes door middel van de duimkop, of door het staafje naar achter te halen, gemakkelijk geopend worden.

It is highly versatile, has a tough blade, and holds the edge well to guarantee users of high quality.

Standaard wordt de riemclip geleverd met een zwarte coating. Pluspunten: - Lemmet van 154CM roestvrij staal.- Ideale lengte voor een EDC zakmes.- AXIS vergrendeling werkt perfect, zeker voor linkshandigen, Minpunten:- De kunststof handvaten hadden wat slanker gekund- De coating op de clip slijt snel. Deze week nemen we de Benchmade mini Griptilian onder de loep. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2019. Whether you are looking for a military knife, a home carry-around pocket knife, or multipurpose workplace knife, the benchmade mini griptilian will not disappoint. I own other production knives such as syderco, ZT, kizer ect. 556 only. There is a decent amount of resistance in the action. I was always under the impression that spydercos were top of the line, but then I decided to try the grip full sized. 154CM is een premium staalsoort en staat bekend om de uitstekende all-round prestaties.

Stop dit mes dus niet in dezelfde broekzak als uw sleutelbos. Even other quality survival knives also suffer from the same problem.