Stax/prison as an archetype doesn't make any sense under this assumption.

Abeyance only targets a single player, but that’s going to get there a lot in EDH, especially if you play in the right meta. By continuing to use Pastebin, you agree to our use of cookies as described in the. Sacrifice a bunch of lands to Scapeshift, then sacrificing all those new lands to Zuran Orb, then finally casting Splendid Reclamation to get them all back would result not only in a bunch of Landfall triggers, but also a bunch of Gravestorm fodder! Why should she care about playing Bitter Ordeal though? Suppose you're playing against a dredge deck and your opponent has Hermit Druid on the table.

If you want to improve your game, and learn read about brews, you've come to the right place. The thing that makes Bitter Ordeal excellent is its fan out. I have been playing [[Bitter Ordeal]] in my [[Mikaeus, the Unhallowed]] deck for years. Even just following up a [[Armageddon]] or [[Fire Covenant]] with this can be extremely effective.

Because Bitter Ordeal doesn’t only care about creatures hitting the graveyard from the battlefield – it just cares about permanents hitting the graveyard from the battlefield. cobblepott:You feel that eliminating the lines your opponents' decks were built to function under doesn't get you any closer to winning? In any of these cases, you've made it very difficult for the opponent to win. This can make a very strong board state into a very useless board state – unless you reach right into those libraries and yank out anything that would prohibit your awesome, awesome death triggers. Mazirek is, of course, inherently weak to removal, being such a small body, but is also weak to effects like Sigarda, Host of Herons. It’s best to think of doomsday this way, even if you just grab a pre-made pile from this list most of the time. Please comment and share your thoughts about which cards we should discuss and where they should see more play.

Repeat 2-5 as needed. To date, I have played with several commanders, including:  Fumiko the Lowblood; Karador, Ghost Chieftain; and Rafiq of the Many.

This Pile only Costs [m]u[/m][m]u[/m][m]u[/m] if you chose to play a Mana Crypt instead of the Pact. The only competition comes from Gush, but that requires a very island-heavy mana base, and that isn’t always possible in a three-color budget deck. player2:How does any of that help YOU though? Like many other casual players, I love a variant of Magic called EDH, that is, Elder Dragon Highlander, a singleton format. player2:What I'm getting at is there is almost always going to be a stronger play to make than this. If you have Laboratory Maniac in hand, use a pile above without Unearth, and replace it with Mana Crypt or Pact of Negation. Many decks aren’t ashamed to cast Abeyance outside this combo either. Most lists perform pretty poorly when an opponent can exile any arbitrary two or three cards. Or, you know, you can transform Akroma’s memorial into a creature and go crazy with it. Until Laboratory Maniac was printed, all doomsday piles just looked to complete what you have in hand. Ith, High Arcanist: seems like an interesting EDH general.

This is the perfect way to set yourself up to win a game with very little investment. If a ton of permanents bite the dust, we can exile tons of cards from enemy libraries, locking them out of their most valuable win conditions!

Do you agree or disagree with my take on, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window).