The Buffy performed really well in our sleep tests, too. Years in Business: Buffy was founded in 2017.

You'll likely pay more that that for a true down comforter, but there are also plenty of fiberfill options that cost under $100. Buffy's fabric is very soft, very white, and very dry-clean only. (It has subsequently released a "Breeze" model that's supposedly lighter weight and more breathable for hot sleepers.) The Breeze comforter is made with a eucalyptus shell and filling. They are resistant to allergens like dust mites and mold. It's smooth enough for your skin to glide across without snagging, but not so slippery that it falls off the bed. The first thing I noticed was how evenly-spread the stuffing was — a pleasant change from crappy comforters stuffed with balls of cotton. U.S. orders are typically shipped within 1 business day via FedEx and take 3 to 5 business days to arrive. Over time, you may find that the filling settles down toward the bottom of the blanket. Along with the feather-light feel, the Cloud really does feel like, well, a cloud floating on top of you. Match: How a career-oriented site fares against the OG. We’ve reviewed the main differences between the Buffy Breeze and Cloud comforters to help you decide which one is the best for you. Prices may fluctuate on third-party sites like Amazon. Expedited shipping is available. This is especially frustrating considering the blanket is a beautiful pure white, so it’s prone to getting dirty. Ultra-smooth fiber is naturally resistant to dust, mites, and mold! Buffy offers a duvet cover in several color options, each of which is made with natural dyes and eucalyptus. Personally, wrinkled bedding is the least of my worries, but it might bother some people. The sustainability factor alone had me on board, but I was skeptical. If you initiate a return within the 7-day window, you are not charged. In-depth Buffy Comforter Review Materials and Options. When manufacturing each of these items, Buffy uses natural and recycled materials. Could its eco-friendly materials compete with traditional comforter fills like down? It's distractingly comfortable. Softness 9.7/10. That probably makes me a bad Taurus. deals, and helpful advice delivered to your inbox.

Buffy is known for its eco-conscious bedding and easy online shopping experience. Plus if you're really into that fancy hotel room energy like I am, Apartment Therapy says all-white bedding is the number one step toward making your bedroom feel five star. The Buffy arrives in a very thin box. The main difference between the Buffy Cloud and Buffy Breeze comforters is the fill used. Triangle stitching on the cover keeps the fill in place. Contact Information: The Buffy customer service team can be reached by phone at 855-466-4812, or by email at [email protected].

I wouldn't call it a down alternative, because it's not as lumpy or dense.

Buffy hypes up the 'cool-ness' and 'breathability' of their comforter thanks to the 'eucalyptus' fabric - this will realistically never matter to most people who are spending this much on a comforter, because they will be putting a duvet cover on it. When expanded, the Buffy Cloud is medium thick, fluffy, and very lightweight. Why is Buffy special? POV: You're working from bed and your comforter is begging you to take a nap.

Organic cotton is the gold standard in the world of sustainable textiles because it doesn't pollute waterways and requires less water to grow than regular cotton.

(Everyone knows that sleeping with no cover isn't an option. Which dating app is right for you?

Rubbing the comforter between my thumb and finger, the fibers inside are clearly silky. The company also uses natural dyes and recyclable or compostable packaging. A high-quality comforter should last for five to ten years with proper care. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe. I've never really seen my bed as a sanctuary because I've never been in love with my bedding. Is a steam bath the secret to baking better bread? All rights reserved.

The need to put your toes under the Cloud and swoosh them around is incessant. We're using cookies to improve your experience. Spot one that we've missed? If you’ve ever seen a white, puffy, cozy-looking comforter pop up on your Instagram (or Facebook) feed, chances are it was Buffy. It does cost more, at $180 for a twin, $220 for a queen/full and $260 for a king, but it's filled with eucalyptus fiber (rather than polyester made from recycled bottles) to keep you from overheating at night, and, unlike the Cloud, it has baffle stitching to keep the fill better in place. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. However, it's important to keep in mind that eco-friendly manufacturing processes are generally more expensive for the company, so this likely contributes to the high(er) price of these blankets. I've recently taken on the challenge of finding eco-friendly replacements for the items I use every day. The Buffy Cloud comforter is an option for those who are looking for a down-alternative comforter. Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time. The Breeze and Cloud comforters are only available in White. It is also cruelty-free and sustainable. The Breeze comforter is made with a eucalyptus fiber fill that is lightweight and temperature-regulating. Plus, if you like to reduce your carbon footprint where you can, it will make you feel good that the blanket is crafted with recycled materials. Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Cloud comforter further reduces waste by diverting plastic bottles from landfills. Credit: Buffy uses natural and recyclable materials, resulting in comforters that are sustainable and cruelty-free.

Since both comforters are made with a eucalyptus shell, they are ideal for those with sensitive skin and allergies. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. If you're not sure whether the Buffy is worth it, the company does offer a seven-day trial period so you can test it out before you commit, and we managed to score an exclusive code to help you take a little extra off the top. However, Buffy isn’t perfect. Plus, it’s puffy, cozy, and totally Instagram-worthy. If you are planning to use a duvet cover, you can ignore this 'special fabric' altogether, as it would literally make zero difference. Buffy currently ships to the United States and Canada. The plant-based sheets and bedding are manufactured from sustainably harvested eucalyptus with a closed-loop production process. Buffy has quickly become known for its super-soft bedding and environmentally-friendly processes. The outer shell is incredibly soft and cozy, and you just want to wrap yourself up in it like a blanket burrito! These rugs are stylish and machine-washable—and I'm obsessed. ©2020 The fill is 100% recycled PET, a polyester fiber made from plastic bottles that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Project management certification can boost your career. Lyocell (the process used to process eucalyptus tree fibers) apparently guarantees that 99 percent of the water used can be recovered and reused again. by Sarah Riccio | Updated: January 2, 2020 . Of all the blankets we tested, Buffy was one of the most comfortable and welcoming. Here’s everything you need to know about the puffy Buffy comforter. The fill is 100% recycled PET, a polyester fiber made from plastic bottles that would otherwise end up in a landfill.