Ticks feed on the blood of vertebrate animals and can transmit diseases, such as Lyme disease. cockroaches in pa Look for the dark stripes on its "neck." View our privacy policy. Common bugs that look like cockroaches, and, therefore, are often mistaken for roaches, are crickets and water bugs as well as beetles such as the ground beetle, wood-boring beetle, Palto Verde beetle, and Asian Long-Horned beetle. Transmit diseases: Studies show that cockroaches play a supplementary role in the spread illnesses such as E. coli, typhoid fever, giardia, salmonellosis, cholera, dysentery, and even leprosy. Some of these beetles species, like Locust borer beetles, have distinct red, black and yellow markings which you can clearly spot when they land. Many beetles are brown, which increases their resemblance to cockroaches. Proper pest identification is the first step in making an integrated pest management (IPM) decision. The German cockroach is the most common cockroach species in houses, apartments, and hotels. Lady beetles can be found in homes, seeking warmth during the months from September to April. The German cockroach measures at ½ to ⅝ of an inch long, and is tan to light brown in color. If you want to see the types of cockroaches check out our guide on the best ways to get rid of cockroaches here. Find out how we protect your family and your home. She is so knowledgeable and always professional! From the first point of contact with Moyer we have had a good experience. Usually found in kitchen and bathrooms, it is 1⁄2 to 5⁄8 inch long and tan to light brown.

Giant Water Bugs; 2.

They had to pick up some flagstone and then replace. They become a pest when they seek shelter in homes. Moyer has successfully worked with warehouse facilities throughout Pennsylvania to come up with pest solutions that stop insects and rodents from contaminating and damaging stock. Moyer’s team of Service Professionals™ comes armed with years of specialized expertise to fix your problem quickly and correctly…the first time! Early spring is when these bugs are most often seen and they can enter a home through your walls, or even through public sewer systems. Termites are social insects that live in colonies and excavate wood. Head and body lice are very small, measuring 1⁄16 to 1⁄12 inch. But all it takes is a little sleuthing to ascertain their true identity. Once the pests have been identified, other sources of information can be used to determine the species' potential as a pest and how to prevent or control them. A common flour, pasta, and cereal pest, this small insect will likely go unnoticed until it becomes abundant. 3 Bugs That look Like Cockroaches 1) Ground Beetle The ground beetle is probably the bug that is most often mistaken for a cockroach. Both the office rep and the exterminator were top notch.

In case you fail to identify the bugs, it’s better to take the help of the professionals, because not only they’ll accurately determine the insects’ species you’re dealing with but if there’s an infestation, they will also provide pest-specific treatment to eliminate the bugs. Commonly found: pets, carpeting, animal bedding, lawns. As compared to cockroaches, giant water bugs are aggressive in nature and their bites can be quite painful for humans, so it’s best to prevent their infestation by keeping your house’s surroundings clean and dry.

Matt, our tech, explained everything that he was planning to do to eliminate "our invaders"...he was very professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and was more than happy to answer all our questions and concerns.

Adults are about 3⁄4 to 1 inch long, slender, and reddish orange to dark brown or black in color. Stay informed about pests and pest related issues in your area! See All Pest, Disease and Weed Identification, See All Beer, Hard Cider, and Distilled Spirits, See All Community Planning and Engagement. Giant Water Bugs are often confused with cockroaches because they do have some similar physical characteristics. Three Most Common Cockroaches In Pennsylvania The German cockroach measures at ½ to ⅝ of an inch long, and is tan to light brown in color. There are more than 300,000 species of beetles, and they come in various shapes, sizes and colors. The workers are wingless and 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch in length. Though this is the largest of these three common roaches, it is able to compact its body to slide through very thin gaps. ", Moyer Pest Control received an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from 32 reviews. And not only are they known to cause flu-like symptoms in people, they can also cause an increase in asthmatic symptoms for people who already suffer from this condition. Our team is ready to solve your pest problem. It can rapidly spread throughout an entire building.

", My overall experience with Moyer was very good. They came out the next morning and, wow, they took care of my mice.

It also describes an operating association, including its structure, size, and employee profile. ", Outstanding. It is commonly found in basements, packing houses, and grocery stores and feeds on a variety of materials. Moyer has successfully worked with property managers throughout Pennsylvania to come up with pest solutions that work for everyone… except the pests!

Additionally, the manual contains a partial listing of commonly encountered pests in and around schools such as ants, cockroaches, flies, fleas, head lice, silverfish, termites, and yellowjackets. If that’s the case, this page will hopefully identify what type of bug you’re dealing with. Hello, My name is Blane and I’m a life-long resident of Southeastern Louisiana. It also includes a sample policy from the Pennsylvania School Boards Association. Farms and fields happen to be a favorable habitat for these beetles as they are vegetarian and feed upon leaves, on the contrary cockroaches prefer to live in indoors with no specific food choices. I highly recommend her! The pictures and descriptions in this publication should help the homeowner or apartment dweller identify common insects found in the home. Why are there holes in my new cashmere sweater? We were having a problem with yellow jackets and I looked at Moyer Indoor | Outdoor on the internet and about 10 minutes later I got a call from a representative.