It is tasteful and boosts the baby’s energy. If you wish to introduce cinnamon before the age of six months, then consult your pediatrician.

A combination of cinnamon will be good for it. Babies that are given a more varied diet from early into the solid food stages often have far more ability to try new tastes and flavors, which in turn helps to reduce “fussy” eating habits and nurture flexible eating instead. Meshed banana + cocoa milk is the best with some cinnamon. Due to the high number of diabetics in Western cultures, many dieticians now advise people to avoid large amounts and quantities of cinnamon. though it would be better to see some safety measures before giving cinnamon to a baby. Both ground and whole spices as well as ground and fresh herbs can be used, with both offering benefits depending on how the food is prepared. Making a portion of healthy baby food is such a challenging task for all mothers. Babies may have severe Diarrhoea and allergies by having cinnamon in high amounts. •  Pumpkin: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla A large amount of cinnamon in baby food can disturb stomach, skin and possibly infects mouth. ), Cinnamon is an herbal ingredient that is used for many purposes including food. | Health Discussion! Sugar – Babies can get enough of sugar from the milk that they drink and the fruits they eat. Helps babies transition to family food, as your baby will be familiar with those tastes and more likely to accept them. •  Mashed potatoes: dill or garlic Read on to understand why this is a problem and what Little Tummy does to make the world of baby food a healthier (and low-sugar) one. If your baby is allergic to cinnamon, classified as a food allergy, other symptoms may form, aside from skin reactions. Apply code FreshP10 to receive 10% off at checkout. But heavy exposure can … It is all about texture, quantity, and quality. In spite of food, it has been medically used for many decades. I make him chamomile tea with fresh cinnamon sticks n the tea.. i have gave it to him like 5x already & he is fine the tea just helps him sleep & poop! Dr. Low Dog also reminded me that some studies have shown that one to three grams of cinnamon per day (1/4 to 1 teaspoon) can lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.

Due to the high number of diabetics in Western cultures, many dieticians now advise people to avoid large amounts and quantities of cinnamon.

Others say that some of these same ingredients are safe and even beneficial for infants’ digestive systems. Others say that some of these same ingredients are safe and even beneficial for infants’ digestive systems. So once your baby jumps onto complementary feeding, then you can include a pinch of spice in your baby’s food. These spices can trigger reactions, and as they trigger pain receptors in the brain, should be introduced in very small amounts when they are eventually introduced. | Causes – Treatment and Tests to be done in 2020, How to get a toddler to stop biting?

Over time, this can result in full-blown Type 2 Diabetes. Required fields are marked *. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a0466040fec896d71540b8c07ab674f5" );document.getElementById("i2ca339bdb").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. They use alot of natural remedies =) S0 i don't think it would hurt a 9mth old at all. Many mothers include cinnamon in baby food once they start on solids and it is generally considered safe to offer babies cinnamon in small quantities in their food. Cinnamon is a popular spice in the United States and Europe, and it may have health benefits. In this article, learn about what the research says and get some tips on using cinnamon. If your family meals include a lot of herbs and spices then Introducing baby to spices that the family typically cooks … Most mothers would like to add some cinnamon in solid foods that they start in the initial months. This means that it has been shown to have a potentially beneficial effect on health. This is especially true for infants who are still developing their taste buds and food preferences. Let's get to know our In-House Paediatrician and Co-Founder Sophie. It originally came from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Myanmar. •  Sweet potato: nutmeg, cinnamon and/or cardamom Too much cinnamon can cause stomach aches, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, and other digestive problems. Adding artificial sweetener or even raw sugar to their food can risk tooth decay. Can my baby have cinnamon? Step by step. Can Babies Have Cinnamon? Make almond milk at home and add a pinch of cinnamon to have great taste. It is only why because a pinch (quantity) of cinnamon is definitely safe for babies in their foods. If they are not allergic there could be some health benefits for them … Once again I would like to clear that quantity matters so; never add a lot of cinnamon in your baby’s food.