Handle prickly pears carefully, wearing gloves. Sweet bananas and acidic kiwis. Serve a cup of jam over a bar of cream cheese with crackers, or as a spread for meat sandwiches. Keep in refrigerator in covered container for up to two weeks. We absolutely recommend trying this jam… it’s better than plain old peach and it will be a pleasant surprise in the pantry on a cold winter morning.

Nobody guesses that green tomatoes are in this very tasty jam. Once thawed, they will last approximately 1 month in the refrigerator. Traditional and delicious homemade jelly.

The lemon thyme helps to give a little extra kick.

For those who usually give away their jams as gifts, you may be in trouble with this recipe.

This is a short and simple grape jelly recipe. This family favorite makes a great gift, too!

This tastes so much like honey, your friends will never believe that the bees did not make it. This interesting jam literally takes only a few moments to prepare, with a few hours of cooking, and the  jam is ready. You should try it, it’s pretty amazing. 30 Recipes For Canning Vegetables This Summer, Canning Soup – 12 Recipes to Warm Your Belly This Winter, Your email address will not be published. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.

Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Easier, simpler, and less risky than adding pectin to it. To make jam, you don't need to add sugar.

Serve jam on crackers with some Brie cheese – the PERFECT pairing!

This delicious 3-ingredient carrot jam is based on a recipe from 1865. While making my raspberry jam, I totally forgot to add pectin. Apple Juice …

Enjoy this spicy treat on crackers with cream cheese. It’s so tasty, you definitely won’t be sharing. This recipe will work with all forest fruits. I'm the woman behind “Ideal Me” and my goal is to help you design and live your ideal life through... Sweet bananas and acidic kiwis. This is one of her old recipes that she has given to me.

This is apple jam - something you can't seem to buy - spiced to resemble the taste of most apple pies. Fresh fruit, when in season, is naturally sweet. This has been my favorite jam since I was a little girl. It's a nice break from the other jams.

Enjoy!

Weigh the rhubarb without the leaves for an accurate ratio. This citrus jam is a little different because grapefruit has a characteristic bitter flavor which most people either love or they don’t. Allrecipes has more than 220 trusted jam and jelly recipes complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips.

There's no fussing with jars and water baths with these easy recipes. Because neither of the fruits are high in acidity, and there isn’t a boatload of sweetener in it. You can use 1 package of pectin (such as SureJel®), if desired. Fruit Juice. Great recipe to serve in so many different ways - perfect with grilled steak, chicken, or even as an appetizer with crackers. You can use any kind of wine, red or white. Read our Test Kitchen’s guide to get started. This jam is a little labor intensive, but it is SO good and has such unique flavor! The jam is soft, spreadable and delicious. You need to cook the raspberries for a pretty long time until they fall apart. 23 Delicious Vegan Dinners That Aren’t Salads, 14 Brilliant Fall Gardening Tips and Ideas to Try this Weekend. This is the best ginger marmalade that I have ever tasted. I hope you enjoy these as much as we have. Preserve and store: Fill your canner halfway with water, enough to cover the jars by at least 1-inch.

I developed this recipe for a friend who has diabetes. The strawberries may be frozen (thawed and crushed) and the peppers may be canned (drained and chopped).

Required fields are marked *. Enjoy with crusty bread! Apple Butter. I was experimenting with making jam without pectin and it turned out really yummy. If you like marmalade, then you will probably like this. Looking for jam and jelly recipes? Use this sweet and spicy Peach and Pepper Jam on cheese and crackers or try it as a glaze for chicken or shrimp. New to canning? Pink rhubarb works best in this recipe, and the color is nicer than with green rhubarb as well. Rhubarb and dried apricots are an excellent combination for jam, as the tartness of the rhubarb and the mellow taste of the apricots work well together. A sweet raspberry jam is livened up with spicy jalapeno peppers. Excellent served with cream cheese and crackers as an appetizer. Ruby red grapefruit and sugar is all you need to make a slightly bitter, sweet, and tangy marmalade. Yes you can use dried apricots to make jam! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This ruby-hued, sweet and spicy jelly is made from cranberries, fresh orange juice, jalapeños, sugar and a favorite condiment here at The Café, Sriracha.

This is a beautiful jelly of red bell peppers and green jalapenos. The grated carrot adds nice color and texture. Blazing hot pepper jelly is addictive if you can handle it! It’s a happy coincidence that elderflowers are often out when gooseberries come into season, and so the classic combination of gooseberry and elderflower is often seen in old cookbooks, as well as in modern-day shops and restaurants. A traditional mint jelly made from fresh mint. If chopping habaneros by hand, rubber gloves are recommended since the habanero peppers will burn the skin. This is my grandmother's recipe. It’s always a conversation piece—everyone wonders about the “green” ingredient! It is good on anything grape jelly is good on! At first taste, it’s pure delicious strawberry. A family favorite. But, comin’ up from behind is a lovely smoky, slow burn from the chipotles. Enjoy! This strawberry freezer jelly is quick, easy and delicious on toast, ice cream or even in milkshakes! Process according to your recipe, only counting time after the water is boiling. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/vintage-canning-recipes This is a great jam for peaches that are not picture-perfect but nice and ripe.

She complained that most diabetic jams had sweeteners added leaving a strange aftertaste. Here’s something delicious – a little different with layers of unexplainable sweet, yet slightly savory spreadable goodness. Serve it up with grilled chicken and pork or slather over some crusty baguette with ricotta cheese. You may decide to omit ginger and only add lemon, but in my opinion ginger makes it very special. Pink rhubarb works best in this recipe, and the color is nicer than with green rhubarb as well. This has beautiful color and flavor. This is a favorite in our family at Christmas.

My trick to infuse the lavender aroma into the jam is to process a portion of the sugar with the lavender. It also makes a festive holiday appetizer.

Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Yes. Hope you love it! Perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea on a cold fall-ish day. When Rashanda’s not tasting and perfecting Taste of Home’s recipes, you’ll find this food editor sifting through our recipe collection, curating digital content or tracking the latest culinary trends. Sriracha is a fabulous hot sauce made from sun ripened chilies, and in combination with the jalapeños, adds a unique, delicious layer of heat.