Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce ceann in Irish, Scottish Gaelic with native pronunciation.

There are no user-contributed notes for this entry. pronouncekiwi - How To Pronounce ceann-pronouncekiwi. Origin & history Tha e na chòir aig gach fireannach is boireannach , a dh ' aindeoin. ceann-na-cìche (masc. chieftain: …(masc.) Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. They also speak Gaelic sporadically and I thought it would be good for the name of their community to be the Gaelic word for "fate".

Noun

Seems like your pronunciation of Cirean ceann cinnidh is not correct.

Feumaidh sinn seasamh an aghaidh na gràine-, Tha gach neach fa leth airidh air gach còir is saorsa a tha sgrìobhte anns A ' Ghairm seo a dh ' aindeoin gnè sam bith , mar tha. Showing page 1. Noun ), vodca‎ (masc. or post as a guest, Cirean ceann cinnidh should be in sentence. Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day! ceann-cinnidh translation in Scottish Gaelic-English dictionary. Dictionary Collections Hello Gaelic speakers! If you're going to use Gaelic in a project like a film please at least use a professional translator rather than asking strays off the internet and making a dog's breakfast of it (believe me you will): http://www.akerbeltz.com/, If you're going as far as having spoken Gaelic dialogue, unless your actors are fluent speakers and can come up with decent lines themselves and pronounce them properly, you'll need someone to consult for that (edit: see /u/Glaic's post).

But my questions are - is this a correct translation? You have reached the maximum limit. You have reached the maximum limit. Slovak: náčelník‎ (masc. († for pronunciation guide) About the Rubber Stamps.

Right now, I am writing a treatment which is required for funding applications and this is the only word which appears in that is Gaelic, we just need this one question answered with elaboration. He led his clansmen during times of war.

Ceann-cinnidh means the clan chief or chieftain.

You can try again.

Listen to the audio pronunciation of ceann- on pronouncekiwi You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points.

Please visit your clan’s or society’s web site for more information. Write it here to share it with the entire community. Try choosing a different name, Sorry! Noun

Examples of Cirean ceann cinnidh in a sentence, {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}. ceann-cinnidh translation in Scottish Gaelic-English dictionary. Keep up.

Rate the pronunciation difficulty of ceann-cinnidh, {{collections.count?collections.count:0}}, Name already exists!

There is a community in the film that share a philosophy which basically boils down to the idea of fate, destiny and determinism - that there is only one way the future can unfold.

Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. or pronounce in different accent or variation ? You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Cirean ceann cinnidh to HowToPronounce dictionary. The word "cinnidh".

Oops! You must accept before continuing to use the site.

I'm a filmmaker and my next project is a film set deep in the Scottish Highlands.

Word of the day - in your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce. The clans which were led by a just and honorable chief would prosper and thrive. cinnidh translation in Scottish Gaelic-English dictionary. Which is the right way to pronounce the word pingüino in Spanish. ), gen/pl... ceann-nochta (Irish) The chief dispensed the law during peaceful times.

Add fact ! Word of the day - in your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce. Pronunciation (Munster) IPA: [caun̪ˠ](Galway) IPA: [cɑːn̪ˠ](Mayo, Ulster) IPA: [can̪ˠ]Noun ceann (masc.)

Samoan: matai‎, ao‎ Scots: chieftain‎ Scottish Gaelic: ceann-cinnidh‎ (masc.) All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of ceann-cinnidh with 1 audio pronunciations, Audio Pronunciation removed from collection. User-contributed notes. Listen to the audio pronunciation of ceann- on pronouncekiwi. Add a note. ceann-dubhag (fem.) Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. Can you pronounce it better? English words for ceann-cinnidh include muddle-headed, ringleader, crew chief, deadhead, headband, headboard, headfirst, headgear, headline and headpiece. Webster's Dictionary, WordNet and others. Or with a different accent? From my understanding that also means "chieftain" as in the leader of a clan which I thought gave it a nice double-entendre as the antagonist of the film is the leader of this community. Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more. ceann +... ceann-sgrìobhadh (Scottish Gaelic) Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more.

or post as a guest. Showing page 1.

ceann-dubhag an t-seilich (fem.) Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day!

... ceann-rèile (Scottish Gaelic) A marsh... ceann-dubhag an t-seilich (Scottish Gaelic) ceann translation and audio pronunciation gd Tha gach neach fa leth airidh air gach còir is saorsa a tha sgrìobhte anns A ' Ghairm seo a dh ' aindeoin gnè sam bith , mar tha cinneadh, dath craicinn , gnè-cinneil , cànan , creideamh , beachdan poiliticeach , tùsachd nàiseanta neo sòisealta , sealbhachd , gin neo inbhe air bith eile . Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary.

Have a fact about ceann- ?

)…, cinneadh: …("offspring, children, descendants"). ceann-latha or pronounce in different accent or variation ?

Congrats!

Try choosing a different name, Sorry!

You've got the pronunciation of ceann-cinnidh right. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Pronunciation of Cirean ceann cinnidh with 1 audio pronunciation and more for Cirean ceann cinnidh. There are no user-contributed notes for this entry. 5. Pronounce ceann in Scottish Gaelic, Random words: Congrats!

Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. That's not what I am doing right now however.

Seems like your pronunciation of ceann-cinnidh is not correct. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. The references include Cambridge Dictionary Online, Centre National de Ressources Textuelles et Lexicales, Century Dictionary, Dictionary.com, Dictionary of the Scots Language, Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Duden, Oxford English Dictionary, You can contribute this audio pronunciation of ceann-cinnidh to HowToPronounce dictionary.

A place for native speakers and learners of Scottish Gaelic to discuss items of interest to the community. Adjective Add a note to the entry "ceann-cinnidh".

Found 1 sentences matching phrase "ceann-cinnidh".Found in 0 ms.

president. If so, what are some other words which you think would suit it better? Posted by 1 year ago.

Archived.

ceann-sgrìobhadh (masc.)

ceann (Irish)Origin & history From Middle Irish cenn‎, from Old Irish cenn‎ (compare Manx kione‎), from Proto-Celtic *kʷennom‎; compare Welsh pen‎, Breton penn‎. Men and women of full age , without any limitation due to race , nationality or religion , have the right to marry and to found a family .

Cinneadh on it's own refers to the clan.

Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Cirean ceann cinnidh with 1 audio pronunciations, Audio Pronunciation removed from collection.

His word was the law and was to be obeyed. We recommend you to try Safari. Find more Scots Gaelic words at …

Congrats! There are many dialects though so doesn't mean I'm right, but if I seen that all I would see is 'cinneadh' in the genitive case which has nothing to do with 'fate'. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.

The ‘clan chief’ was the head of the clan. ceann-daoraich (Scottish Gaelic) Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. Log in or There is a community in the film that share a philosophy which basically boils down to the idea of fate, destiny and determinism - that there is only one way the future can unfold.

It means “Crest of the Chief of the Clan” in Gaelic. Had a feeling tbh, I'll edit him out. Anything in violation of these guidelines will be removed immediately. Thank you for helping build the largest language community on the internet. cinneadh m (genitive singular as substantive cinnidh, genitive as verbal noun cinnte, nominative plural cinntí) verbal noun of cinn; determination, decision, ascertainment

Which is the right way to pronounce the season Herbst in German.

How do you say ceann-? Details can be found in the individual articles. Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration , without distinction of any kind , such as race , colour , sex , language , religion , political or other opinion , national or social origin , property , birth or other status . Currently popular pronunciations.

Keep up. Are there any subtleties to it that make it sound ridiculous/wrong to Scottish Gaelic speakers?

Register Have a definition for ceann- ?

Because chiefs were human beings, some were fair and just; others were corrupt. a Dhaidí,  chuaigh sé,  Iodáilis,  liom,  trom, Request a new pronunciation

If you want pure, authentic Gaelic I wouldn't use the consultancy somebody linked above,…. The word "cinnidh".

head; head of cabbage, capitulum We will of course have translators and dialect coaches on set, do not worry about that (but thanks very much for the link to the consultancy, I will pass it onto my producer). Oops! A date (specific... ceann-na-cìche (Scottish Gaelic) Don't request for help, don't ask questions or complain.

Noun I don't want to name names on the net but if you get a contact for a Morag that used to run the tv production company 'Sealladh' she does incredible work and her Gaelic is beautiful. Pronunciation (Ring, West Muskerry) IPA : /ˈcɪɲə/ (West Kerry, Galway) IPA : /ˈcɪn̠ʲə/ IPA : /ˈcɪn̠ʲuː/ IPA : /ˈcɪn̠ʲu/ Noun . {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}. hangover. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Register You've got the pronunciation of Cirean ceann cinnidh right. ceann- + nochta

Sign in to disable ALL ads.

(genitive singular cinn, nominative plural cinn). Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording.

Share the pronunciation of ceann in Irish: Share the pronunciation of ceann in Scottish Gaelic: Is there anything wrong with this word/phrase. OP go with this imo. Noun Or with a different accent? Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it.

Noun clan, kin, kindred, surname, tribe, nation Derived words & phrases ceann-cinnidh ("chieftain")…, cinn-chinnidh: cinn-chinnidh (Scottish Gaelic) Noun cinn-chinnidh Genitive of ceann-cinnidh Plural of ceann-cinnidh, Cite this page: "ceann-cinnidh" in WordSense.eu Online Dictionary (12th November, 2020).

Congrats!

WordSense.eu - English dictionary containing information about the meaning, the spelling and more.We answer the question: What does ceann-cinnidh‎ mean? ceann-cinnidh m (genitive singular cinn-chinnidh, plural cinn-chinnidh) What is the meaning of translinguistic?, sweetcheeks.