To assemble: Put half the tin of tomatoes on the bottom of a glass dish. Cook and stir the onion in olive oil until tender, then … This was SOOOO good! by email at If you are unable to use JavaScript And, since it was already cooked, it made making this that much faster! And, I used previously canned tomatoes from my garden. Alternatively, cottage cheese lasagna is a great frugal alternative to using ricotta! In a large bowl, mix the ricotta with the pesto until combined then add the chopped spinach and mix again. Everything else was made exactly as written (divided in half). Leave to cool then squeeze out all the moisture with your hands. Serve with green salad leaves such as Waitrose Mixed Leaf Crispy Salad. added mushrooms, and the zest of one lemon into the ricotta mixture, which balanced the heaviness of the cheese & dairy. Replace the fresh pasta with dried lasagne sheets, if you prefer. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Chicken Lasagne with Pesto, Spinach and Ricotta, 30 minutes

Add the chopped onion, cook for 2-3 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally and add the minced garlic… In a large saucepan over high-medium heat, bring 2 gallons of water to a boil.

is not enabled on your browser. Replace the condensed cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken or cream of celery. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Replace the condensed soup and milk mixture with about 4 cups of prepared. Top with the rest of the tomato, and sprinkle with the last of the mozzarella and Parmigiano. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce. Which European country will inspire your culinary journey tonight? Press and squeeze it to remove as much water as possible. This does not! In a medium bowl, combine the condensed soup and milk; set aside. I made it with fat free skim milk, fat free ricotta. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken. Cover with one-quarter of the cheese sauce and one-third of the noodles. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Then I would make it again! For the sauce, I used just a little over half a cup as the "one quarter of the cheese sauce" and made sure each noodle was completely covered by either ricotta or the sauce, so that it wouldn't dry out. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Typically my family doesn’t want to eat leftovers, so it’s always a struggle! Stir in flour and salt until blended; cook until bubbly. Easy, delicious lasagna with ricotta, feta, and mozzarella cheese. Stir in spinach, 1 package at a time, cooking 2 minutes after each addition or until spinach wilts before adding more. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Easy Chicken & Spinach Lasagna Recipe. In layers, spoon about half of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the chicken, 3/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of remaining soup mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles, remaining soup mixture, reserved 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. to 35 minutes, The Waitrose & Partners farm, Leckford Estate, 145g pot Waitrose Green Basil Pesto (from the chiller cabinet), 190g pack cooked skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced, 500g pot Napoletana sauce (from the chiller cabinet). Top with 4 more lasagne sheets. Scatter the base of a baking tin or lasagne dish with half the chicken slices, top with half the ricotta, spinach and pesto mixture, and layer with 4 lasagne sheets. Repeat layers by first arranging 3 more of the lasagna noodles over the first layer, then topping with the remaining chicken & mushroom mixture, spinach, ricotta cheese, and another 1/4 of the sauce and 1/3 of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Thaw the frozen spinach in a colander under running water.

Layers of pasta, spinach and mushrooms, this white chicken lasagna is just as delicious as the classic lasagna you know and love.. And seriously, it’s so tasty! Let the lasagna stand 15 minutes before serving. [email protected], You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks, Send a link to this recipe to a friend or your own e-mail address as a reminder, The recipe will be added to your scrapbook. Add some sliced sauteed mushrooms to the mushroom sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. To save time, substitute defrosted frozen chopped spinach for fresh.

In a second medium bowl, combine spinach, egg, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese; mix well. I am a Wisconsin girl so when something says chicken and CHEESE lasagna, it better have some awesome cheesy flavor!

Some diced cooked carrots, sweet potato, or red bell pepper will add color and flavor. Get our cookbook, free, when you sign up for our newsletter. So, my goal was to create a chicken breast recipe that wasn’t boring, and wasn’t something we eat all the time. Talk about a frugal meal! baking dish; cover with one-third of the noodles.

11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided, 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained. Three cheeses and chicken blended with the fresh taste of spinach make it a real crowd-pleaser.

And then for the inside soft cheese, I love cream cheese lasagna (as in Philadelphia cream cheese) but I know people who like ricotta. That’s when I, as a chef, know that I’ve arrived. Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 13x9-in. And when it comes to cheese, I used two types – yellow and white. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles on the mixture. I try to sneak in healthy ingredients, which is why I added spinach. It's a perfect comfort food! Repeat with more tomato, lasagne and mozzarella. To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our cookies policy, This site requires JavaScript for certain features to work, but this

Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I do believe there was just a tad too much spinach (personal preference), so next time I will cut back on that.