No nails – no painting the room – no candles – no hot plates – no extension cords without surge protectors – and so on…:). Get your hands on a shower caddy to carry to and from the bathroom with you, and if you aren’t sharing a bathroom on your floor, at least you can use the caddy to keep your stuff out of the way and separate from everyone else’s. Are you ready for college moving day? Click on the Print icon at the bottom of this post. When moving into a dorm, check with your school on what supplies will already be included. College Life Today is a leading publisher delivering advice and insight on all things college life to students throughout the United States. This college dorm room checklist goes through everything you would need to bring to college in a way that is simple and easy to check off. As summer comes to an end, I bet you’re starting to think about finally moving to college! Of course, you most likely won’t be welcomed with a dirty dorm, but naturally, you will want to tidy up before unpacking & decorating. Although every campus offers different amenities and has different rules, it’s SO much easier to remember the essentials while shopping, packing, and moving when you have a list like this! Remember to layer! Here’s an example of what your move-in bucket of goodies ought to have: Your instinct may tell you to pack every item you own – ignore it! … Your bed is where you'll end up spending a good amount of time, from eating late-night take-out to cramming for your final.

Special Thanks To Our Campus Market For The Guest Post. If you’re not sure about anything here, don’t worry, these are just items that would be nice to have but certainly aren’t essential. Packing for college is either something you have been waiting for your whole life or the most dreadful task you’ve ever thought of, either way, you still need a list to help get you started. Be sure to always purchase drawer liners for existing furniture as they have likely been reused over the years and not cleaned as well as they should be. To Students: Good luck. Think about it: you're grabbing everything you need to build your ~brand new life~ as a college student, and it's a pretty big deal.

Pack by season if you can! Be sure to check if desk chairs are provided and whether or not they’re comfortable/ergonomic enough to sit in for long periods of time. Some dorms will provide basic televisions within their rooms while others will not. How we can fix this, so you don’t repeat history? If you will be going to college in-state and can feasibly commute home during certain times, take advantage of leaving your offseason clothes at your families home.

VIP: Most dorms have extra-long twin beds-meaning standard twin-size sheet will not fit! This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I have this whole thing broken down for you by category & I’ve included links for almost every item you’ll need – in case you’re like me & you want to get as much shopping done ahead of time as possible – in your jammies. Click here to download your college dorm checklist. Prepare for every girl's night in, video call, special event, study sesh, and even that really fun time of year where your professor makes you dress up to give a presentation. Your email address will not be published.

Whether you’re living in a dorm room or in an apartment, ensure you have everything you need for college life with the help of the college dorm checklist. Some stores will even ship directly to the dorm! My oldest moves to college next week. Also, don’t forget to bring an old pair of water proof flip flops that you can wear in the shower.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'collegesupplylist_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_0',114,'0','0'])); Some dorms will provide furniture for studying, such as desks. Site by Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Not only do you save money, but you also get a jump start on your career or advanced degree. My kid will barely fill my suburban and he’s not happy taking that much. Her Campus Media

Print out this free printable checklist of all the dorm essentials you’ll want to take along to college! College Student Care Packages | The Ultimate DIY Guide. Her Campus may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. So don't underestimate the importance of a really killer set-up. Hey! I found a cute one below! My son has a few more years at home.

As far as shoes are concerned, the two most essential items are shower shoes & tennis shoes – and make them comfortable because you’ll be doing a lot of walking to class! The majority of dorms will offer either free or paid communal washing machines. Filed Under: Family Tagged With: back to school, college, college checklist, college move in day, dorm hacks, dorm necessities, Parenting, PDF, printable, Teenagers. Want clean leggings? You're a grown-up, now. Also, feel free to DM @dormify on instagram with all of your college questions! The checklist template for this purpose designed using MS Excel is a superb tool for students through which they can effectively plan their activities and supplies before moving to a dorm room. The last thing you want is to realize that, no, college laundry rooms actually don't provide you with stain remover or drying sheets, so come prepared. In addition, we provide reviews on the best products for college, and guides on college related topics. to little details and the small things you're bound to forget, here at HCHQ we have years of college shopping knowledge all rounded up into one comprehensive list. Here is a quick list on getting ready: Below provides an extensive supply list for packing for college. There you have it! link to College Student Care Packages | The Ultimate DIY Guide, link to Graduating College Early | The Guide to Fast Tracking College, immediately go to Chegg and check the prices for your textbooks. The final part of packing is always the odds and ends, which is exactly what the items on this part of the list are! Hip Tip: Check with your specific college or university about what is (and is not) allowed, what is (and is not) provided, and what to expect when you get there.

Hip2Save® is a registered trademark of Hip Happenings, LLC. As far as I'm concerned, nope, not really. Each kid is different…. You can donate your clothes or you can sell them and make some extra money for the school year. Her Campus Media Checklist #1: Storage. Preparing early for shut down.

my friend rented a uhaul and took three loads to move her kid to college last week. However, it’s important to make sure they are secure. Whether you got lucky and ended up in a dorm with its own bathroom, or if you’ll be experiencing the ~communal bathroom life~ here’s everything you need to pack:Air freshener. We put together the most extensive college freshman checklist of all time to get the ideas flowing, and even though it may not say exactly how much of each thing, we hope you can use your best judgment in figuring that out. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. Ready to start shopping?! The checklist has great benefits. Most universities are asking that students only bring needed items bc of covid. Back in my former life as a Resident Advisor at Ole Miss, Freshman move-in day was (unofficially) known as the ultimate parent freak zone. You're at college to learn, so do so ~in style~ so you can impress all of your new classmates and also inspire yourself via your fave notebook. Heather loves helping people almost as much as she does chocolate. If you want straight talk about food, power, and weight loss, drop your email below.

Me too!

You more than likely will have multiple roommates, so coordinating on the common room spaces is essential to maximize your space and make sure you are staying tidy all year. Copyright © 2009-2020 Her Campus Media, LLC. Click here to download your college dorm checklist, College Students Get a FREE 6-Month Amazon Prime Membership, Elmer’s Disappearing Purple Glue Sticks 60-Pack Only $13.54 Shipped on Amazon | Just 23¢ Each, Staples No.