It’s immediately clear that the cost of living in Chengdu is considerably lower than Beijing in almost all areas. Proof of No Criminal Record for China Working Visa? ItalianoCosto della Vita in Cina By its very nature much of the information in this travel guide is subject to change at short notice and travellers are urged to verify information on which they’re relying with the relevant authorities. Cost of Living / China / Beijing; Cost of Living Score. The median salaries in the top paying sectors were RMB 25,274 (USD 3,610) per month in 2017, an increase from RMB 24,305 (3,472) in 2016. The water, usually hot, often containing tea leaves, is often served by waiters in any Chinese restaurant, as well as cold water, and it is usually available for free of charge upon request.

But what a lot of the gyms do is that they give discounts if you buy a six-month or a yearly pass. On the way, I decided to stop in a small restaurant and eat 宫保鸡丁 (Gōng bǎo jī ding), diced chicken with ginger, peppers and peanuts. I begun my Tuesday with my usual cup of coffee (1.5 rmb) accompanied with a tasty sweet red date 枣 糕 (zǎo gao) that reminds me so much of the yoghurt that my grandmother used to prepare. While many banks and other services will take care of this for you, it’s fairly common for them to use a marked up exchange rate in order to see a bigger profit on your transaction. Copyright © 2009-2020 Numbeo. Some of the lifestyle advantages of living in China include: get a housekeeper, travel every month, and enjoy frequent restaurant meals, massages, and nights on the town. Looking at salaries for locals, the click here to fill out the questionnaire and help us to better our estimation of prices in the city of your residence.” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>Shanghai government informed that the average monthly wage, after deducting tax and social welfare contributions, was RMB 7,200 (USD 1,047) as of 2018. I hope you enjoy the many culinary delights that Beijing offers as much as I do. Using these sites will allow you to see how the prices of items change, because of real people who live at a certain locations. At the end of the lesson back to my beloved neighbourhood and I dine at elegant “Lost Paradise” fusion restaurant that combines the dishes of Yunnan (region in south-west China) with Thai treats. Hospitals and health insurance in Guangzhou? The cost of living in China is lower than in the U.S., Australia, and Western Europe.

Our intention is to gather data on the cost of living – and salaries – of all large Chinese cities. Another big international and financial city, all in all, the difference in cost of living isn’t too big between the two cities. When we have enough information we’ll be able to publish statistics not only on the cost of living in various Chinese cities, but also in the quality of life (economically speaking, or rather the relationship between expenses and salaries for the most common trades among expatriates). Cost of Living in China – Other Expenses You will need a phone: you can get a pretty decent Xiaomi Android phone for around 1,000 yuan, and phone expenses will usually cost you around 100 yuan per month.

Add in their amazing culture, high-tech modern cities, and incredible job opportunities and it’s no wonder why so many expats want to go to China. Globe Media cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above. Discover all of LTL’s destinations for learning Chinese in China. Rent in China is, on average, 60.23% lower than in United States. Expect to pay at least 2,500-3,500 Yuan a month for a room in a shared apartment in Beijing or Shanghai (at least if you don’t want to live in the deep peripheries). If you are going to live in the capital of China, then you’re going to have to accept that comes at a price compared to other Chinese cities. If you live in China, click here to fill out the questionnaire and help us to better our estimation of prices in the city of your residence. Price tables for the largest Chinese cities, Monthly expenses (according to your profile), Salaries in China and minimum wages for foreigners, Salary differences between Chinese cities. If you’re looking for a significantly less expensive city you’d need to look at smaller cities such as Chengdu. Beijing Metro 2020 – The Insiders Guide to the Beijing Subway System Taking a brief look at the Beijing metro map may cause confusion… So many lines, so many colours. A little while later, my stomach now warmed up, whilst wandering through the streets with friends, I decided to snack on 2 large 包子 (Baozi), purchased from the same restaurant under the Drum and Bell Tower for 3 RMB. I am from China and I am a student advisor at LTL Beijing. According to Numbeo, local salaries average at around RMB 5,567 (around USD 800), which seems reasonable. The place in question is located within a large mall, the Beijing APM (新东安 广场 – Xīndōng’ān Guǎngchǎng) and guarantees, in the time period that goes from 14.00 to 17.00, a full menu of sushi from 28 to 33 rmb. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. Want proof about the cost of living in China?

You’ve heard it here first. Because at the moment these are the only cities with enough data to calculate a “real” average. You are paying for that international feel, brands, the modern financial city. The average monthly salary in China varies from one city to another, but in general, it can be appealing, even in the worst-rated cities, even exceeding that of some European cities. Beijing comes close when it comes to rent. The rates are issued by China’s State Administration of Taxation (SAT): However, foreigners can also enjoy a monthly standard deduction of RMB 5,000. Thus, salaries are lower there as well. Please contact me using the details below. What is clear are the differences in rent and groceries which swing both ways.

Explore this page to learn what living in China is like, from practical tips on transportation and local emergency numbers to information on culture and social etiquette. Cost of living in China is 12.65% lower than in Slovakia (aggregate data for all cities, rent is not taken into account). The lowest salaries start from RMB 20,400 (USD 2,914) and reach up to RMB 66,800 (USD 9,542).

Once outside the restaurant, I realized that it is not Sunday without dessert, so I went to a shop and bought a certain “千层 雪 棒” (a thousand layers of snow on stick) the legendary “Viennetta” dose. As far as transport is concerned, public transport is of course much cheaper than taxi. Mobile: 0086 18410181078, Time to set the record straight, here’s our complete guide to the cost of living in China for 2020…. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. And, you don’t have to spend…. Groceries within Haiyang are very affordable. 29, Lane 78, Section 1, Anhe Rd, Da’an, Taipei The cost of living changes quite a bit depending on the city, and China does not have a minimum wage established for the entire country. A lot will also depend on your lifestyle – whether you eat out a lot, go to concerts, drink in fancy and hip bars and restaurants or if you mainly cook by yourself and prefer a quiet night in. This morning, just coffee. You will need a phone: you can get a pretty decent Xiaomi Android phone for around 1,000 yuan, and phone expenses will usually cost you around 100 yuan per month. Now, let’s see how that compares to the other notoriously expensive city in Asia: Singapore…. Chinese people often commute by bicycle, but this mode of transport is only for the bravest of foreigners. Or browse by: Job City State Country. Next let’s see how the Mainland compares to another outsider, Taipei…. Taxis in Beijing and Shanghai are getting more and more expensive, but they are still cheaper than in most European countries. Chinese people eat out frequently and often entertain friends and colleagues in restaurants instead of having them into their homes. Tel: +86 (0) 21 3368 0866 Although neither are part of Mainland China, the cost of living in Taipei is quite similar to the Mainland, whereas Hong Kong is much more expensive. Living in China, even Beijing, can be cheap after all! Little by little when we receive more data, we can add new cities. Let’s now take a look at some city comparisons. According to our data, you shouldn’t spend more than 400-600 Yuan a month. Matea is a freelance translator, journalist and blogger based in Beijing with a strong interest in Russia and China. Expat salaries are similar to those in Shanghai and foreigners can easily earn USD 100,000 – 200,000 while working as expats.

A simple breakfast costs around 10-20 RMB in the majority of cities, and can even be cheaper than that. Cost of Living in Beijing, China Access data about cities and countries worldwide. Tipping is not a common practice in China or a part of the culture. A single person monthly costs: 582.56$ (3,851.53¥) without rent.

Internet censorship crazy in China... what to do? Go out, enjoy yourselves, hang out with your friends, but also don’t forget to put a bit of your earnings on the side every month. Terms of Use and Prices associated with products that aren't typically Chinese, like dairy and wine, will also be higher. Let’s review: Rent (at least 3,000 Yuan) + utilities (at least 200 Yuan) + telephone bills (100 Yuan, with internet) + food (at least 2,100 Yuan for a high-quality diet, at least 1,100 Yuan for a diet that includes a lot of rice, pasta, and potatoes) + transportation (at least 150 Yuan) = 4,500-5,500 Yuan a month. This is about the equivalent of 19,000 CNY so that’s a really significant increase in the cost of living. Or browse by: Job City State Country. The day began with coffee and half a packet of chocolate biscuits advanced yesterday.

Tell us some prices in Nove Mesto nad Vahom. The next biggest difference is Restaurant Prices with Chengdu prices coming in 25% lower than Beijing. It’s a good idea to use an online currency converter to check on the real rate, so you can keep an eye on any transaction fees hidden within the exchange rate. Because the cities are so densely populated, it’s much more common to get around by bike, motorbike or public transportation than by car.

Rent in Chengdu is, on average, 89.95% lower than in New York. The only two areas higher here are consumer prices and restaurant prices. Even with this, the days spend still came to a total of 52.5 RMB, Discover Beijing’s New Mega Airport with LTL The new Beijing Daxing Airport is open and it’s impressive beyond words! Although restaurant prices in Singapore are higher than those in Hong Kong, there is a great alternative: Singapore’s famous hawker markets. Expats tend to congregate in the suburbs near the city centre that have higher-than-average accommodation prices. These bars are not only beautiful high, end places, but they are also fun to be in. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats. After a few hours of studying in the morning, I got ready and headed over to the headquarters of LTL for my Chinese lesson. So, for example, if you get a monthly gym pass it may cost you less per month than if you paid month by month. Note that the data considers only the costs, not salaries. For such a big, international city, Taipei is actually surprisingly cheap compared to Hong Kong. According to Payscale.com, locals earn the following salaries depending on the profession: Shenzhen is a tech-hub where high-earners make 10 times more than the lowest-paid. The other area where Taipei comes out more expensive is Consumer Prices, at just over 30% higher than Shanghai. As mentioned, you simply have to leave the country for 30 days within 6 years to avoid taxation on your worldwide income. Yum! You will be amazed by how comfortably you can live and how strong your purchasing power is. First things first. In other cities, the rent is much more economical but it depends on the individual case.