Great, easy recipe, Wonderful!! Make any occasion special with a creamed spinach casserole.

Fresh spinach can be substituted with 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, How to Substitute Fresh Spinach for Frozen. READY IN: 20mins.

Absolutely delicious.

HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.

If you'd prefer to use only one pound of fresh spinach, use 1/2 cup heavy cream, and you may need to cook it for a little longer if you want the sauce to thicken up the same way.

I am going to add sausage and stuff a butternut squash with it for dinnet.

A very easy low carb Creamed Spinach.

Stir in spinach. Be sure to get local garlic, the flavour is so much better. Holly is a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie.

Squeeze any excess moisture out of the spinach.

parmesan cheese Advertisement.

How To Make Creamed Spinach.

You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.

Reduce heat (I keep it on medium-low for this step, but you can increase heat as needed).

This isn't a problem, though, because it's easy to adjust the sauce to your liking in any scenario so you will think it's the.

To make this easy creamed spinach, simply saute the garlic, then the spinach.

This easy creamed spinach side is a wonderful addition to any elegant holiday meal, a neighborhood potluck or even a holiday work function.

Oh I am so happy to hear that, Kim!!

This dish is simple but has tons of flavor and best of all, it’s ready in just minutes.

casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with crushed croutons.

Home » Appetizers & Sides » Creamed Spinach (with Frozen or Fresh Spinach! A delicious combination of tender sweet spinach in a creamy sauce!

facebook instagram GRADUALLY whisk the hot reserved cooking liquid into the PHILADELPHIA until smooth. Remove from heat and toss through spinach and tomatoes.

Sponsored content. When melted, add the spinach and stir well to combine. For four servings of creamed spinach you will need 1lb of fresh spinach. Return pasta to saucepan. Required fields are marked *.

garlic, to taste . Stirring constantly, continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes or until spinach is tender and hot.

This Classic Creamed Spinach Casserole works great, whether you're planning a festive get-together or a busy night. 100ml PHILADELPHIA Cream for Cooking, a cream alternative, ½ teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg, or to taste, Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. In a medium saucepan, sauté the butter and onion over medium heat until it's lightly browned (about 5-7 minutes). I'm Natasha.

Feel free to leave the nutmeg out if you don't have any.

Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain it and rinse it under cool water. We often serve this creamed spinach recipe with Pork Tenderloin or a juicy steak but to be honest, I love it spooned over Mashed Potatoes too!

Add spinach to a colander/sieve and run lukewarm water over it.

SERVES: 4.

From Spinach Artichoke Dip to Spinach Pinwheels, I love the combination of sweet spinach and a creamy base. Your email address will not be published. creamed spinach using fresh spinach.

Heat 25g butter in a saucepan, then add 1 finely chopped small onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. From quick and easy weeknight meals, so turkey dinner!

Creamed spinach is a side dish often served with steaks or even Oven Baked Chicken Breasts.

Home cooked Meals for every occasion.

Hi! Questions? Spoon into 1-qt. So, all the good stuff, basically. Add the nutmeg, season, then serve immediately. Add back to the pan and stir to combine. Add the spinach and cook for about 1 minute.

Prep your spinach (thaw frozen or blanch fresh spinach); In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion until lightly browned; Add in the sauce ingredients (garlic, cream, cream cheese, parmesan, nutmeg) and stir until the cream cheese is incorporated and the sauce is somewhat thickened; Stir in the spinach and let it warm through; This recipe works best if the cream cheese is softened, so take it out of your fridge 30+ minutes prior to starting the recipe (or you can microwave it if you forget). STEP 1. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/philadelphia-cream-cheese-spinach

This classic creamed spinach is made with cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, and a pinch of nutmeg. Serve. Recipe from Good Food magazine, November 2010. The frozen spinach makes more of a purée. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 4 minutes or until onion is softened.

In this quick side dish, fresh spinach (or frozen) is cooked in a creamy sauce for the perfect side.

4 . Remove stems from spinach and chop. Add the spinach and Parmesan cheese and then add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste. Beat the weekday grind with hundreds of easy-to-follow and hassle-free recipes!

Your email address will not be published.

While it may not be traditional, the addition of cream cheese makes the sauce rich and creamy and turns this into the go for seconds kind of creamed spinach! If you forget to take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften, you can microwave it (try 20-30 sec., but microwaves vary so keep an eye on it). Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook! This creamed spinach recipe is a decadent and comforting side dish that's perfect with steaks, roasts, or even fish! Heat sauce ingredients (per recipe below) and seasonings. This post may contain affiliate links.

), Published January 2, 2020 / Updated January 2, 2020 / 12 Comments.

What makes this creamed spinach recipe a stand-out? It comes together fast and tastes restaurant quality. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. It will take a few minutes for the cream cheese to melt in, especially if the cream cheese is cold.

OB user sync. I tested this recipe probably about 5x (or maybe even more), so I am very happy you enjoyed it! Absolutely delicious. Season with salt and pepper then add to the saucepan and toss until ingredients are combined and heated through.