During Military Appreciation Month, we honor the bravery of the servicemen and women who risk their lives on behalf of our country and citizens. In that respect, below are some great military quotes to celebrate and honor our brave soldiers and veterans. “The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” ― George Patton, 70.

31. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward, 71. I am ready to die. For those who risk their lives to protect our freedom, it is a selfless act of valor that is done without asking anything in return. Now, what really makes a teacher is love for the human child; for it is love that transforms the social duty of the educator into the higher consciousness of a mission. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. “What is at a peak is certain to decline. He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.

“America without her Soldiers would be like God without His angels.”- Claudia Pemberton, 37. “If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.” – Martin Luther King Jr. 2. -Judd Gregg, 25. They give their all to protect our freedom, and these military quotes serve as an epic reminder of it.

No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. Refresh to see more sayings and quotes about dedication+to+duty . “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” — Minot J. “We aren't madmen or sadists, gentlemen.

Did you enjoy these military quotes? The worst moments of my life have come as a SEAL.

It was my duty to shoot the enemy, and I don't regret it. “How can men boast that they control their own destiny when they cannot solve the problems of war?” – Billy Graham, 77. It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist. -Bob Riley, 20.

How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! -Henry Ford, 12. True patriotism isn't cheap. “They’ve got us surrounded — the poor bastards.” – An unnamed medic, 84. Asad Meah.

Our military deserves to be honored and appreciated. -Sen. Daniel Webster, 6. Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”- Gen. Douglas MacArthur, 62. “There are no secrets to success. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou, 65. Every life has a purpose. The brave men and women of the military should always be honored for their sacrifice, and these military quotes are the perfect words.

When work is a duty, life is slavery. And I'll do whatever I have to to see that it doesn't. “Live for something rather than die for nothing.” – General George S. Patton, 86.

-Elmer Davis, 3.

But the dedication to duty that keeps him writing — not just letters, but medical treatises for his Chinese students — also keeps him from his by-then-motherless child. No army is better than its soldiers. An army is the pride of the nation.

“May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!” – Sen. Daniel Webster, 55.

Service to others is one of the major keys to succeeding with your venture.

Anything, anywhere.

”This country has not seen and probably will never know the true level of sacrifice of our veterans”.

It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue. There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. 89. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic.

Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations, that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic.

“Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.”- John F. Kennedy, 32.

Best Work … “To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.” – Andre Malraux. Entrepreneurs who focus on serving others to the best of their abilities live a life of greatness. 92.

Required fields are marked *, 95 Hard Times Quotes About Life And This Too Shall Pass, 60 Veterans Day Quotes to Honor our Heroes, 50 of the Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Quotes, 50 Captivating Babe Ruth Quotes From the Great Bambino, Lessons and Wisdom from 50 Selfish People Quotes, 50 Thought Provoking Time Flies Quotes About Life, 90 Socrates Quotes On Life, Wisdom & Philosophy To Inspire You, 50 Boxing Quotes to Motivate You Towards Victory, 50 GOAT Polo G Quotes That Showcase the Young Rapper. dedication and impressive achievements. “Americans never quit.” – General Douglas MacArthur, 91. Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. Also check out our list of Chesty Puller quotes as well as these service quotes about country and community.

21. Do your duty without being supervised. Savage, 19. -Lucius Annaeus Seneca, 21. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.” – Helmuth von Moltke, 69. -Robert G. Ingersoll, 5.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus.

“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. “The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength — and strength alone.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower, 79.

The least we can do for our military men and women is to honor and be thankful for their unselfish deeds. When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death - that is heroism.

“If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don’t get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.” – Theodore Roosevelt, 30.

The soldier is the army. 3.

Hard to choose one quote because I will use many for Veterans Day. “The hero is the man dedicated to the creation and / or defense of reality-conforming, life-promoting values.” —Andrew Bernstein “Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.

“A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.” – Admiral David D. Porter, 88. I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick, 59.

In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country”- George S. Patton Jr. 4.

At Gold Medal Waters we realize that being a doctor can be extremely difficult. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”- George S. Patton Jr. 15.

After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem there is a solution, and the soul's indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.

Meditation is a means of transforming the mind. Dead men do not buy dog food!”. Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all!

Do you.

Many of them have had to sacrifice their lives just so the rest of us can live in a free and prosperous society. Your email address will not be published.

“Surprise is an event that occurs in the mind of an enemy commander.”― Jerry Pournelle, 60. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. The dead cannot cry out for justice. “True patriotism isn’t cheap. And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11.

“True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job.” –Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr, 78.

You always have to be ready for that little artistic Epiphany. “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” – G.K. Chesterton, 48. -Gen. George S. Patton Jr. 2.

-Michael N. Castle, 24. It is almost impossible for a country to survive without a great army to defend it in times of war. By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall. 50.

Ambedkar, 39. MovieQuotes.com © 1998-2020 | All rights reserved, “She wouldn't let death get in the way of her job.”, “More Sky People are gonna come. dedication+to+duty Quotes and Quotations Below is a random selection of 25 dedication+to+duty quotes and sayings . “We must never forget why we have, and why we need our military. -Wallace Bruce, 9. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” –George W. Bush, 74.

-Minot J. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis, 53.

I guess one that sticks in my mind today is by Claudia Pemberton “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.” Appropriate for our ceremony. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.

You have exemplified the character traits of: devotion to duty, brotherly love for your officers, sincerity of purpose and genuine concern for all.

The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. The New York Times - Books.

“In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower. But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job.

”If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.” – David Hackworth, 11. The greatest want of the world is the want of men - men who will not be bought or sold; men who in their inmost souls are true and honest; men who do not fear to call sin by its right name; men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole; men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. ”No guts, no glory.” –Major Gen. Frederick C. Blesse, 12.

Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege. ”Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.” – Kim Jong-un, 49. Unless we stop them. Maturity: Be able to stick with a job until it is finished.

“Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton. Meditation practices are techniques that encourage and develop concentration, clarity, emotional positivity, and a calm seeing of the true nature of things.

We honor our heroes during a special time at our little country church.