Eat legumes (beans) with whole grains. Loaded with flavor, this chicken curry is a great high-protein option. After that meal is completed, you will want to take the rest of the meat off the bone and portion it into two other meals. After several of years of meal prepping, I’ve compiled some of my all-time favorite cheap meal prep recipes! Here’s the thing, this kind of menu is hopefully something you only need in the short term, and sometimes in the short term we can’t afford the healthiest diet. I know how discouraging it can be to look at your bank account and discover that you have more month than money. This cilantro lime chicken is just as good in tacos as it is over a salad. One Pan Healthy Italian Sausage and Veggies. Put the chicken and spices in the crockpot, dump fresh or canned tomatoes in and then wait. All of these are cheap meals and can be made for $2 or less per serving!

Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe and eat these enchiladas all week. Want to know how to meal prep a week’s worth of food in an hour? These are some basic, cheap easy meals on a budget. Here are some tips and recipes to help you make cheap easy meals on a budget. With only 4 ingredients and a couple of spices, you’ll spend more time staring at your food than it’ll take to get in the oven. As a former student who used to eat ALL her meals at home, I feel especially qualified to write this post on eating healthy on a budget.

but I’ve broken them down into some more categories! The meat is super easy to cook with, but it needs a lot of time to break down the muscle fibers and meat. I do want to mention that this is in Canadian dollars, but if you are in the US, from my understanding groceries are cheaper. Here’s the easiest way to portion your meals. If you’re a fan of chili, you will love this one. Do that on the Tuesday and you will have stock ready for your soup on Thursday. This meal plan would feed my family of 5. Put this on right before you go to bed, wake up, and pack your lunch! Your email address will not be published. Includes grocery list.

Success! I'd like to receive the free email course. Pulled pork is probably the best cut of meat for those trying to save money. These slow cooker carnitas are amazing and when you pair them with some loaded up mexican rice–it makes for some incredibly cheap meals. at your local discount grocery store – in Canada we have stores like Price Chopper & Food Basics where you can save up to a dollar or two on the exact SAME condiments like ketchup, soy sauce, olive oil, etc. Mix Pour off buttermilk and butter is left behind. Baked Chicken Breasts from Savory Tooth; 2 Ingredient Crispy BBQ Chicken from Bowl of Delicious; Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets from Skinnytaste; Chicken, Sweet Potato and Asparagus Skillet from Primavera …

With only 4 ingredients, it is one of my favorite, cheap meal prep recipes for novices in the kitchen. Exactly what I was looking for..! Slow Cooker Carnitas and Rice (less than $1 per serving).

Unsubscribe at any time. Another way to make cheap easy meals on a budget is to use your own recipes or ideas, but think like a vegetarian. Then each morning, crack some eggs into your pan and when they’re halfway done, drop a scoop of the meat & veggies in. dried beans and lentils cost very little, and frozen veggies are a great money saver! I also run the awesome 5-Day Meal Prep Challenge, which is a free email course and Facebook group where I share my meal planning strategies and easy meal prep tips and recipes. 4-Ingredient Keto Coconut Chicken Curry. Pro tip: Here’s the easiest way to portion your meals. Peas have almost 10 grams of protein per cup. 11. Try using 1 part beans to 3 parts ground beef when you make burgers. If you’re looking for something light and fresh, give this one a try and let me know what you think! In fact this recipe started out as a vegetarian recipe!Get the recipe here. You can have the confidence and support you need to build a life you love, 11 Cheap, Easy Meals with Leftover Pork Roast. Make sure you buy as close to what you need as possible. I have and love … Any meal I can make for $2 or less AND cook in 15 … This chili includes 1 lb of beef, but you can cut down on that and still get protein from the quinoa and kidney beans in the recipe. My kids just prefer butter on their rice anyhow, though. 1 / 50.

Did I miss anything? Shop for pantry staples like oils, vinegars, condiments, sauces, etc. 12 Cheap and High-Protein Meals That You Can Make Right Now. Copyright ©2020, The Girl on Bloor. For optimum health benefits, I recommend organic corn chips made without canola oil. Sheet Pan Roasted Cilantro Lime Chicken. Be sure to check out my free beginner’s guide to meal prep and follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram to get my latest recipes and meal prep tips! Use any other seasonings you want depending on what you have in your cupboard.

This is one of our favorite, Growing up in Austin, we had charro beans any time we ate our for Mexican food. 2 / 50. Yes, I agree…. If I am craving anything the first thing I do is google, “______ pinch of yum”. As a side note, meal planning alone can help you save money. Here are a bunch of, 28. Hopefully these dirt cheap meals will help you feel more prepared in dealing with an extremely tight budget. is my favorite food blog by far. (Or by doing extensive study on vegetarianism and trying it on yourself-but that is a whole different article!). Add peas to your dinners. Sometimes there isn’t much more room in our budget to save money, so I like to find little ways to make money. For the meals that call for biscuits, try out THIS RECIPE. This plan is just for dinners. Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes, Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing, Serve with one of these 8 healthy alternatives to plain white rice, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. One easy way to make cheap meals is to use less meat. If you have any other vegetables nearing the end of their life in your fridge, put them in the pot too.

and is amazing! This recipe comes from my wife! If you’re only here to grab some lunch ideas, then check out our list of 40, 33. If you have garlic powder add some of that as well.

All of these ways are way cheaper then including meat in your meal! This list is written with the idea that you may not have any of these products in your pantry. MONDAY: Roasted whole chicken, baked or mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots, WEDNESDAY: Chicken and rice with carrot sticks on the side, (Cook rice according to directions, warm up chicken and mix. These fritters are really easy-they only have 5 ingredients and simple instructions. You will notice on Monday I have a whole chicken. Add cucumber, celery, or both.

You can sign up for free here. Believe it or not I used to be able to eat on $30-50 a week and I was pretty good about sticking to this budget! These “meatballs” with cheese and enchilada sauce are perfect kid friendly fare. Sweet Potato and Black Beans Breakfast Burritos. First let me explain that I do think that protein is very important. Have kids? We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, Eating Healthy on a Budget + 10 Cheap Dinner Ideas. You can check out THIS post if you need a tutorial on how to make your own bread. If you want some more salad options, we’ve got 30, Now I’m super skeptical of vegan chili but after having some vegan queso last week with taco tofu on top, I’ve decided to give this one a try! ), SATURDAY: Rice and black beans topped with salsa, (Cook rice according to directions, warm up black beans, mix together and top with salsa), (Toss into a pot or slowcooker canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, can of corn, can of black beans, diced onions, chili powder, and leftover chicken, shredded or diced up.

2 cans of black beans (one for chili and one for rice/beans), 2 litre Milk (for potato soup and biscuit recipe), Again, if I had more room in my budget, I’d buy butter instead of margarine. Many vegetarian dishes also contain cheese or eggs which are complete proteins. You could serve the bean dip with some raw veggies or a veggie tray.

), (Throw peeled and diced potatoes into a pot with sauteed onions and chicken stock, salt and pepper, and rosemary if you have any, and let cook until potatoes are soft, then use an immersion blender to puree the soup. We don’t need to live off of cans of ravioli, but we may be consuming less vegetables than we would want ideally. Adding hamburger meat and vegetables to spaghetti sauce really makes for a hearty meal, but when you are in a desperate situation the noodles and sauce will meet your needs. I love every ingredient in this salad and I’m sure it would make for an awesome side salad with chicken or salmon.