Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I placed my order on Amazon Prime expecting a nice hassle free playing and shopping experience. The coating had worn off and you could see/feel where the strings (D&G) were thinning. When it breaks.... Not quite true here but with these strings you might be more apt to have the sting break before they need to be replaced. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 March 2019. Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2018. I know they can, but, holy S**T !! Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light (0.012-0.053) at Amazon.com. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 September 2016. Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2018. the strings were effortless to hold down and honestly my playing skills were so much better.

The tone is nice and balanced, but not quite bright in my ears. this is an honest opinion : they amazing quality, they fit so nicely on my guitar and my guitar is the cheapest one out there - they secure really tight in the pegs as well so you know theyre not going anywhere - playing guitar now is so much easier but also I sound so much better just from a simple change of the strings, so I do really recommend them! Excellent tone a little slippery but it was fine. like go for these instead of the pack for 0.99 I see you looking at haha. Must be the coating. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I like how bright the tone this gives. Decades ago I compared a number of acoustic guitar strings on my Martin HD28, expecting to find them all pretty much alike. I'll update my review on how long these bad boys keep their tone. He said they were way beyond even his expectations and he cannot praise them highly enough. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. That all but destroyed the performance! So, it must be my guitar. I thought this can't be rite, everyone loves these strings, so i doubt very much that this is the way are supposed to sound. See all details for Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. However, after trying a set, I have been playing nothing but Elixers for the past 10 years. I like the playability and bright sound. I'm really fed up with this nonsense. Sad thing you can't tell anymore what is knockoff and what is Chinese.

Weitere Informationen und Artikel zu Gitarrensaiten findest du in unserer Themenwelt Saiten. I was very surprised as this has not happened to me in over 20 years of playing guitar and I must say there was not that much tension in the strings either. I tried to start a refund or replacement under amazon returns but the extra time to remove the strings and return them for just one string was not really something I had time for so I just put my old G string back on. I just wanna let others know that it's possible to have a good company give a chance of a bad/defective unit. What he said: These are professional grade. but for now seriously happy and it was worth the money :), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 March 2015. No problems. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. These string do start out bright in sound and that will fade. I do not understand why people say they do not sound crisp. So i guess that if you have a larger spruce or maple top guitar, these strings may be worth trying. I often gig and busk in my local area and I'm forever purchasing new strings. This set of strings definitely changes the tone - even if you are using an inexpensive guitar. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. Lesen Sie ehrliche und unvoreingenommene Rezensionen von unseren Nutzern. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Elixir Light Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, See all details for Elixir Light Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings.

First off, let me say that I was a firm believer in Elixir strings and used them religiously. NIGHT and DAY difference from other strings.

24,223 global ratings | 9,206 global reviews, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2019, okay so basically I always had in my head that a guitar is a guitar, strings are strings, a capo is a capo - it doesn't matter how good quality or expensive the guitar and add on's are : what makes the guitar sound good is the player. My Breedlove concert size mahogany must be the reason for this, it's the only thing i can think of. I’d been practicing lots of finger picking songs.

Read user reviews for Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings With Nanoweb Coating and see over 325,000 product reviews at zZounds.com. Not very good. Yeah they sound slightly better, but they are not as good as advertised. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Easy 4 star, 5 if not the coating issue. Deshalb haben wir uns die Mühe gemacht und zwei unterschiedliche Sätze aus der Elixir Produktreihe, nämlich die „Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze Light“ und die „Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze Light“, auf zwei baugleiche Gitarren aufgespannt.

I have tried my usual favorite strings (Martin phosphor bronze) on the guitar but they didn't suit it and I changed back to the Elixir.

They sound just as crisp as the D'addario's i was previously using. I was very excited to try these strings based off of the fact that a huge number of Taylor players recommended them for my guitar. The first time I set up my Martin with these strings and gave it a quick strum, my wife turned her head around and said "what was THAT?". You can edit your question or post anyway. I bought some neon guitar strings which were fitted on and ive had that ever since, but every time I played my guitar my fingers would KILL but I play quite regularly so it shouldn't be happening and the guitar always sounded off. My advice, always buy from a music shop as they seem to be the only place to buy genuine product anymore as this is the second lot of fake, or potentially fake, eand they lost their brightness and became discoloured after only two gigs. a couple days later I went on amazon and decided to buy some new strings for my guitar and chose these. Don't buy these strings if you plan to play agressively or bend, they may break on you and its just not worth the money.

I used to think these strings were unbeatable but am having 2nd thoughts about that. Only on one string, I feel it may have been a random defect. Details . As usual, the gold standard for guitar strings. Great strings. I thought I preferred the "grip" of the Martin acoustic strings.

Elixir strings feel premium and are of a premium price compared to a Martin, D'Addario or Ernie Ball equivalent and in lots of respects; they simply do not stand up to experimental fingerstyle playing/heavy strumming as well as you'd like. Different guitars, too, mean that the same type of string can sound different from one instrument to another, and so it's only really possible to make general recommendations about them regarding the sound.

Restring was quick and easy as you'd expect.

They offer a bright almost whiny tone, very loud and vibrant, easy to hammer on/pull off.

Okay, I think it's time for some honesty about Elixir Nanowebs. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light... Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light (0.012-0.053), Dunlop Tortex - Standard Plectrum Set (Pack of 6) - 0.5 - 1.14 mm, GHS Fast Fret Guitar String Cleaner and Lubricant. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. People tell me all the time how good they are, and maybe it's true. Up until now my favorite have been D'Addario coated philosopher bronze which are amazing also, but the sound with the elixer is unmatched. The top 5 strings I agree have a lifelong span as they don't turn brown like ordinary strings. They hold tune really will and complement my Taylor 314ce perfectly.

Personally, i'm going to stick with D'addario phosphor/bronze. I think that Elixir is now selling them, anyway. I bought these hopping they’d last long as advertised.

Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2017. Then i tried strumming and was surprised at how dead and dull they sounded. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w NANOWEB Coating, Custom Light (.011-.052) at Amazon.com. I'm sick of paying good money for old rope. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. See all details for Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings w NANOWEB Coating,... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Which d'addarios do come in.

The sound of the phosphor bronze is smoother and more pleasant. Elixir is a good brand, but somehow mine broke so fast.

Ended up going to Long&Mcquade to buy a single string replacement from Ernie ball. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The box was labeled "developmental sample, not for sale," and I learned later that Elixir was developing them and close to introducing them. They stay in tune from the first tuning, They sound amazing, are said to be long lasting, and were recommended recommended by a local highly regarded guitar instructor. Tuned up and with strings nicely stretched, the action was still perfect and there was no real noticeable reduction in volume or loss of bass. 24,698 global ratings | 9,338 global reviews. just fitted them.

They keep their qualities for much longer than any strings i have previously used. If you use a pic you may find that the coating goes a bit raggy but that doesn't seem to affect the sound quality.

What an upgrade. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.

I disagree. then these are no better in terms of durability than your average £5 strings. My right hand finger tips started getting dark. The tonality and durability of Elixir Nanoweb strings have to be experienced to be believed. Quality is superb, professional grade and way beyond expectations. Little bit steep regarding the price, but nice enough, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 December 2018, I play guitar for atleast 4 hours a day unless Im really busy. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It's "Nano" from now on as well as 80/20 Bronze! High e-string keeps breaking, Long lifespan doesn't apply to high E-string. I have only had these for one day so I don't know about what they'll sound like after etc. They started out great. I think it's Karma that Elixir took their manufacturing to China, and now competes with knockoffs and probably sells the upper line of Chinese made strings. anyway I was at my friends house and I started playing her guitar, its an aria which costed about £200 , I sounded like 10x better, and that wasn't to do with my ability - it was the guitar.

It seems more natural, and the coating doesn’t peel off. Although I was a professional singer most of my life and also played an acoustic guitar, I bought these for my son, who was using mine with the decade old Martins (which I thought were pretty good at the time). The lush sound reminds me of listening to Robert Goulet play piano. I gave these 2 stars because I had to give at least one and the are a very comfortable string to play. This page works best with JavaScript. They had given them the technology they needed to make improved knockoffs.