We serve this on toasted, warm pita bread. The dish can be served cold as a starter, or warm as a side dish. This traditional way of cooking peas is so satisfying and healthy, it will most certainly become a favorite. A casserole of sorts that requires no dishes and is so tasty, you'll never use that extra zucchini to make muffins again! Packaged German spaetzle get a flavor boost from a brown butter and herb sauce 1n this versatile side dish. A family favorite that my Greek grandpa used to make! Spaetzle are a type of egg noodles or small, elongated dumplings.A regional specialty of Swabia, Germany. My dad loves it with plain yogurt on top, and my mother, with buttery tomato sauce. Tipsy Plum Super easy to make and tastes even better when reheated the next day. Rice and orzo pasta merge with the flavors of onion and garlic to create this versatile side dish. apple and seasonings is a versatile side dish and the perfect accompaniment to Sauerbraten.

Serve up this classic German onion tart to change up your ordinary fare. Cauliflower is mild and is a great compliment to the Mediterranean flavors of lemon and mint. Bacon gravy Chef Olaf uses double smoked bacon for depth, and adds fresh apples,onions, and spices to balance the natural acidity of the sauerkraut. This is a very tasty dish consisting of all kinds of fresh vegetables and herbs baked in the oven. It’s been almost a week since Thanksgiving and so far I did not have to cook anything, we have been living from leftovers for the past few days. This is a great Greek/Turkish aubergine (eggplant) dish flavored with cinnamon. Traditionally eaten around St Martin’s Day (November 11). Rice pilaf is the one and what a versatile food you can add any vegetables you have in the house, add cheese, walnuts, anything you have on hand and it’s great. From yams to green beans, classic to creative, these Thanksgiving side dishes will steal the show! Desserts Delicious on its own or with rice or couscous. These are great on their own but also pair nicely with lamb, steak, or chicken. But this post is dedicated to all those luscious Thanksgiving sides! Posted on September 22, 2018 September 23, 2018. Sep 18, 2020 - Explore Gina Ohrnberger's board "German Side Dishes" on Pinterest. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Tangy sauerkraut is tempered with creme fraiche for a side dish that complements roast chicken or pork chops. Lithuania Follow our family and try some Easter European inspired recipes.

I love making this dish for parties and serving it with bread as a dip or spread. I often cook this on the BBQ with the souvlaki.

This is a Greek side dish that our family loves. Lightly seasoned potato puree. – a historic region that crosses the southern states of Baden-Wuerttemberg and Bavaria. I like these summery potato wedges with Greek flavor as a side dish for grilled lamb or kofta. Traditional Czech Bread Dumplings. Serve with feta cheese and a crusty bread. Breakfast and Brunch Recipes. Authentic Greek lemon potatoes like these don't use any chicken broth or similar. All the ingredients of a Greek salad stuffed in a baked tomato shell. Sandwiches A great side, wonderful with steak as an alternative to baked potatoes. Polish Potato Bread (Okragly Chleb Kartoflany) Recipe, Polish Sweet-Sour Red Cabbage (Czerwona Kapusta Zasmażana), Polish Potato Finger Dumplings Recipe (Kartoflane Kluski), Polish Soft Italian-Style Bread (Włoski Chleb), Polish Potato Pancakes (Placki Ziemniaczane), Polish-Style Cauliflower (Kalafior Po Polsku), Polish Creamed Mushroom Sauce (Sos Grzyby Suszone) Recipe, Polish Pickled Beets (Buraczki Marynowane), Walt's Polish Brussels Sprouts with Dill Sauce, Polish Wilted Lettuce Salad (Salata z Boczkiem). Horseradish-Roasted Fall Vegetables Traditionally, my family serves pork and sauerkraut every New Year's Day for luck in the coming year. The potatoes are moist, and great with green beans and baked chicken with a little salsa and feta on top. may surely be frustrating, but on the other hand, it’s a great opportunity to try out those recipes you didn’t have time to cook before. These German boiled bread, potato and egg dumplings get a head start from a dumpling mix that comes in a box. If you’ve fantasized about eating your way through Europe, you’re not alone. It’s just a handful of simple ingredients but the sweet roasted butternut squash goes so well with the kale and the pomegranate seeds.

Pan-Fried Potato Fritters Cheesy spaghetti!

It's simple and flavorful. then served with herbed cream sauce- a very German celebration of asparagus season . This recipe has to be the best tasting sauerkraut I've ever had. Eastern European Main Dish Recipes Find traditional Eastern European main course recipes for smoked fish, savory pies, cabbage rolls, sausages and more. Enjoy the savory and delicious combination of onions, bacon, and creme fraiche in every slice. A vegetarian version of Northern Germany’s “Bremer Labskaus” or “Sailors Stew.”. With variations such as Green Herb Spaetzle. Menu Home; Recipes; About Us; Category: Side Dishes. This variation of classic Italian pesto uses wild garlic (also known as rampson or ramps, called Bärlauch in Germany, where it rapidly gained popularity. You can serve them as an appetizer, over salad or in a bun. topped with bacon. Latvia Bulgarian feta is creamier than the Greek version which tends to be very dry. and a warm dressing . Bulgaria The spices may seem like a strange combination, but this is a wonderful, delicate traditional Turkish dish with a twist. Stews These are so delicious out of the oven topped with plenty of feta cheese. This is a staple dish of the Romanian cuisine ‘Fasole Batuta’ and especially served during lent, there are probably hundreds of recipes of this dish and each house has its own, needless to say that I find this the most delicious so give it a try. Use cooked asparagus or any vegetable. Literally translated as “grated cakes,” these simple potato pancakes are also known as Kartoffelpuffer. Potatoes are slow-roasted with lemon, oregano, and olive oil until they melt in your mouth.

Serve with crusty bread and feta for the ultimate meal! Estonia Heaven (apples) and earth (potatoes) combine in this tasty side dish with bacon and onions. 60 mins. Get a head start on this dish by using frozen French fries for a quick and fresh weeknight meal. A authentic German recipe for traditional Thuringia potato dumplings. Also, it’s a one pot dish (if you exclude the strainer) so in my mom of 3 world this would be a perfect dish – minimum effort, no dishes to clean and tastes great. Reibekuchen Sadly I don't remember who gave me this recipe and who deserves the credit, since it was pulled from a collection of hand-written recipes I've kept for years.

How to make deep dish German onion pie. Greek lemon potatoes are the ultimate side dish. Fermented cabbage is often used as a side dish accompanying numerous meat dishes, but it is also often found in casseroles and sandwiches. Edel-Labskaus This is a Greek-ish, lemony take on roasted potatoes that are simple to make and fancy enough for company!

Serve with fresh lemon juice and the famous Greek feta cheese. 50 Traditional European Dishes You Have to Try. As superheroes pick their side kick with good care, so you should pick the right veggies and carbs for your meat, poultry or fish dish. Follow our family and try some Easter European inspired recipes. Spinach spaetzle are a perfect complement to venison or any other roast meat. I made a yogurt – garlic – dill dipping sauce to go with the patties and they were a great success at the table. It's easy to make and everybody loves it. Eastern European Main Dish Recipes Find traditional Eastern European main course recipes for smoked fish, savory pies, cabbage rolls, sausages and more. Add a little Feta cheese and fresh lemon after it's cooked and you have heaven. Allrecipes has more than 500 trusted Eastern European recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Serbia A spiked u p red cabbage side dish with red currant juice and cassis. A variation of meatballs.capers and cream over full flavored egg noodles. Find Polish side dishes to perfectly compliment your meal, including recipes for soups, salads and breads and more. It will be as tasty in a soup as it would be in a zucchini bread or my delicious zucchini doughnuts. Sarah's Rice Pilaf. pork, duck or beef . Slovenia It is believed that pisto was introduced to Spain by the Moors, who used to call it alboronia. It was a big hit! As a nice option, top with crumbled feta cheese. In this variation of German potato salad, the marinade contains boiled onions and gherkins.

I love including them in different dishes this time of year because we start getting our own zucchini in the garden or buy local grown zucchini from the farmer’s market and they are so delicious. This Creamy German Cucumber Salad is simple, crunchy, and very tasty. Croatia The best is that it can be adjusted to your taste as you bake it.

apples. Hungary Braised spiced plums with wine and brandy makes a side dish that adds some extra spiff and flavor to meals featuring turkey. This is a classic and tasty Greek recipe for spinach. Moldova My aunt adds small canned sausages, but I prefer this meatless. "These are so tasty. If you are looking for an appetizer idea this is a great option. Has anyone started thinking about their Thanksgiving menu? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.