You can keep your team safe on your turn with a Jazal Goldmane or Krenko, Mob Boss deck just by casting a mana rock. The tidbit that [[Mass of Ghouls]] is a time-travel paradox is pretty fun!

For the stats and ability, it’s probably better than running Tarmogoyf (protip: Tarmogoyf is bad in EDH). That’s right, I could no longer stop myself. Effects like this let you keep the control player off a Counterspell; keep the combo player off a Paradox Engine; and keep the beat down player off an Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.

Meren of Clan Nel Toth is a great commander for this card, since she’ll just recur whatever she discards, and can always reanimate the rats if an opponent manages to remove them. AND! I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big fan of Specter tribal, so this guy works well for that archetype in Crosis, the Purger or Nicol Bolas. [[Panglacial Wurm]] has gotta be up there, right? Change ), You are commenting using your Google account.

We explored mechanical themes (as well as creative themes) we thought we might do one day … I run Centaur Omenreader in my Ruric Thar, the Unbowed deck, since I run a lot of big creatures with large converted mana costs. You’ll probably want Whip of Erebos or some other means of gaining back your life, but this card is great in any black tokens deck. I play this in a Zedruu, the Greathearted deck that capitalizes on the strategy I mentioned above, forcing all of my opponents’ creatures to attack each turn. I think it features some of the best art in all of Magic’s history, and I really dig the future-shifted frame on cards like Fomori Nomad. Illusionist’s Bracers will even let you double up on the loot. For real.

There’s a ton of other useful creatures with strong enters-the-battlefield (ETB) or on-cast triggers (1,853-ish of them, to be precise), stuff like Clone Shell, Combustible Gearhulk, Deathbringer Regent, and so much more!

There are actually plenty of token decks that should look into adding in Veilstone Amulet, since the effect is so uncommon. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). I didn't get Maro's explanation.

Future Shock. Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa and your black partner of choice make this card more relevant by giving it conditional unblockability.

Whenever I build a deck with a Bottomless Pit package, I include this card before adding Necrogen Mists, Cunning Lethemancer, or even the Pit itself, really. Some “timeshifted” cards from this set have appeared in later expansions.

And. Bonded Fetch is also nice in Dralnu, Lich Lord for the loot effect, but also as a blocker to help protect you from damage. It draws you a card. Most people will tell you that, unless it hits all of your opponents, you’re doing it wrong.