Perfect for a midweek supper, this dish is quick and easy to make and low-fat too. Newsletter My New Range; Recipes; Books; News; Watch; Gallery; My Restaurants

If I asked you to name one Italian dessert , I guarantee the vast majority would say tiramisu. Recipe from Gino's Italian Escape by Gino D’Acampo. She always says that it reminds her of my late father – apparently this was the dish they both ordered on their first date. Gino's in the kitchen with his signature dish - everything proper Italian food is about, minimum effort and maximum satisfaction. However, not everybody likes the coffee that the biscuits are traditionally soaked in, so my version – inspired by a trip to the cherry orchards of Castello, where … Sour cherries (also known as tart cherries) are smaller and softer than sweet cherries. Find out more about Gino's Italian Escape at www.itv.com/ginositalianescape.

Beat in the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of the liqueur. He'll show you how to create the Italian pudding Tiramisu … I absolutely love the combination of anchovies,... There’s nothing quite like the taste of a good pasta puttanesca. Not everybody likes the coffee that is usually in a traditional tiramisu, so this version from Gino D'Acampo uses liqueur instead. Gino D'Acampo is an Italian chef best known for his TV shows Gino's Italian Escape, Let's Do Lunch and There's No Taste Like Home. However, not everybody likes the coffee that the biscuits are traditionally soaked in, so my version – inspired by a trip to the cherry orchards of Castello, where Ciro and his family grow wonderful fruit – uses liqueur instead.

If I asked you to name one Italian dessert, I guarantee the vast majority would say tiramisu.

Oct 23, 2013 - STV programmes news and information. Heat the cherries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the liqueur in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved and the cherries are slightly softened and their skin starts to burst. Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your cherry tiramisu and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes. Feast your eyes on the finest cherry tiramisu! Please get in touch, dessert recipes|italian recipes|summer recipes, 8 small madeleine cakes or sponge finger biscuits. For the mascarpone cream, whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale. Set aside to cool.

Although they are sometimes eaten fresh, in Italy – where Morello is the most popular variety – sour cherries are usually used in jams, jellies, sorbets and ice creams. If making this for children, just leave out the booze and cook the cherries in a little water. For a truly traditional selection of recipes for Italian desserts, the great range of ideas from In our family, the combination of chocolate and banana is a big winner, especially in pancakes or cupcakes, so I created this soufflé just for a change.