This game has worked out a lot of mistakes from the previous GTA-games. Genius. Looking for something to watch? The single-player game, which you can still play long after you complete the story, is the series' best by far, and the multiplayer features are good enough that you'll likely have no problem finding people to play with for many months to come. Any time you have a brush with the law, the GPS shows you the exact locations of patrol cars and cops on foot in your area, and highlights the circular area (centered on your last known whereabouts) where they're concentrating their search. For example, you can watch television, listen to numerous different radio stations, check out some genuinely funny shows (including some big-name acts) at cabaret and comedy clubs, and use a computer to surf the in-game Internet. Privacy Policy, Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto IV Video Review.

... Average Rating. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show.

Even though it was the first true 3D-installment it never really appealed to me.

I guess popular demand forced them to make another GTA-game, and I have to say I'm glad they did.

That particular quirk is pretty common in some of the multiplayer modes as well, though you'll likely be too busy keeping an eye out for other players to take any notice when you venture online.

If you're wondering about differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Grand Theft Auto IV, the truth is that there aren't many.

Niko's military experience makes him a useful freelancer for employers in the business of killing each other, and though his reluctance to carry out their orders is often apparent, he does whatever is asked of him in the hope that completing missions for other people will ultimately give him the means to complete his own.

The visuals, which don't always hold up to close scrutiny but are impressive during typical gameplay, are comparable and feature the same quirks (shadows that flicker, for example) on both consoles. Nevertheless, these problems are few and far between, and they're made less painful by the new "replay mission" option that you're presented with whenever you fail. And in addition to those, there are objective-based games in which you're tasked with completing missions similar to those in the single-player game: a team-based Cops 'n Crooks mode, a Turf War mode in which teams compete for control of territories, a carjacking mode, three cooperative missions that support up to four players, and more. GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers. Was this review helpful to you? In total, 29 European countries now use it, although it has no legal effect, except in Finland.

The player takes control of a character nicknamed "Soap," for the majority of the campaign and will need to progress through many modern warfare scenarios. Three very different criminals team up for a series of heists in the corrupt city of Los Santos. Multiplayer modes that let 16 players go wild across the entire city, Genuinely funny radio and TV shows, comedy acts, and character dialogue, Controls are much improved over previous games. The PS3 version can only be played after a mandatory install that takes around 10 minutes, and its load times are a little shorter and less frequent as a result.

11 of 13 people found this review helpful. The graphics were too cartoonish, you couldn't even shoot through the front window of a car, and it was just getting boring too quickly I think.