I cut the recipe in half and got 9 large cupcakes. Feel free to adjust the amount of powdered sugar to cream until you get the consistency of frosting you prefer. Chocolate and mint are always a good pairing in my book and the combination in these cupcakes is a total winner. So feel free to do the switcheroo if mint doesn’t float your boat. Even though I cook a lot, I am a very inexperienced baker, and I think I probably did get overzealous with the mixer. I just tried this cupcake and I have to say say something. we have so much mint growing in our garden, and i’d really like to try baking these or anything really, with it, and i don’t know how exactly you’d get the flavor from the leaf into something you could use for the cupcake. :o), can’t try these as of now, but i agree with liz. Hi Alison, :( Rather than rising in the middle, the middles drooped lower than the pan. The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Slowly add in the chocolate butter mixture and beat until combined. Free coupons & recipes sent right to your inbox! Recipes for simple butter cream or cream cheese frosting follow. Prepare your frosting by adding the vegan butter, powdered sugar, soy milk, green food coloring and peppermint extract to an electric mixer. I would SO eat that!” countered Garrett. I can’t wait to make these again. Cupcake recipe is adapted from a Cook's Illustrated recipe for dark chocolate cupcakes. Once the cupcakes are frosted store them in the refrigerator. I ended up using more cream than was called for. 4 Beat eggs, salt, sugar, mint extract, then add chocolate mixture: In a large bowl (can use a mixer), beat the eggs. I LOVE THIS BRAND, 1 Square of Shaved 100% Dark Chocolate (Optional). I may try my hand again in the summer when there is plenty of mint growing, and zucchini, and do a chocolate zucchini mint cupcake version of our chocolate zucchini cake. Honestly I could just eat these unfrosted they are that good. Chocolate and mint are always a good pairing in my book and the combination in these cupcakes is a total winner. 2) Mint to chocolate ratio in the cupcakes – the mint overpowered the chocolate. And what is totally awesome about these cupcakes is how easy they are to make! Deeeeee-licious! I’ve had this happen once before with a different cupcake recipe. Add in green gel food coloring, if desired, and beat until evenly colored. Do I have to use Dutch Process Cocoa Powder? Also, the frosting was quite stiff. Print This Recipe No ratings yet. Do a “toothpick test” to check the cupcakes after 30 minutes. I just reheated a slice I baked a month ago and it’s almost as good as it was when it was still new. I like the chocolate cake better than other recipes I’ve tried, will definitely use it as a base for other flavors….mmm chocolate and orange. Should be like 2 bucks-ish. I was wondering how to replace the Dutch processed cocoa with natural processed cocoa because that is all I have.

Or what can I substitute it for besides mashed banana? As cakes are the loving deserts of everyone and if you want to make it more delightful and eye-catchy you can pack them in unique and attractive cupcake boxes to enhance their beauty.

Hi Sarah, that sounds like a great idea, let us know how it turns out! Updated Mar 21, 2019 / Published: Apr 28, 2016 / This post may contain affiliate links. Low Carb St. Patrick's Day Recipes. *Nutritional information includes frosting. The butter cream version is quite sweet, the cream cheese version is a little less sweet and has a tang from the cream cheese. If you love the taste of decadent chocolate combined with mint and love low carb, then this recipe is for you. These Mint Chocolate Cupcakes remind me of the Girl Scout Thin mint except this time in keto cupcake form. This recipe calls for vegetable oil instead of melted butter. These Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are dense and moist then topped with a creamy chocolate mint flavored frosting and mint cookie crumbs. This is hands down the best cupcake I’ve ever made! I can’t wait to try them! okay I’m making these cupcakes right now and my batter came out really watery what am I doing wrong is it supposed to be like that? Thank you for sharing. Tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #lovingitvegan. But after several experiments, I must simply declare that peppermint extract is the winner. ~Elise, I made these last night and they were absolutely delightful :) I dyed the buttercream with one drop of green food coloring and it turned out to be a beautiful mint color. Thanks to everyone who mentioned that McCormick’s mint extract isn’t peppermint extract! 2 dozen. These were good but the chocolate ones were the first to go. 1. the oven temperature is too hot I decided to add something special and fill the center of the cupcake with mint jelly and was a hit. About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. And you will love how pretty they are! Please review the Comment Policy. The same happened to me so I Googled it, and found it could be a few different things:

Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray with baking spray.

It was delicious!! Dutch-process cocoa actually works differently on a chemical level compared to regular natural cocoa. *The green food coloring is completely optional and you can omit it if you prefer not to use it. ?Thanks so much for your great comment and rating. Pull up a chair! Please read my disclosure policy. * Weigh your flour for the most accurate results in this recipe. Thanks so much for this recipe! Over 200 pages with 50+ cookie recipes that'll make you a COOKIE PRO. Thanks! Why not? Bake until cupcakes are set and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. You could even use one of my super simple techniques for swirling frosting to make red + white candy stripes with the buttercream. Do not do this too long it only takes 30 seconds or so. If you’re not a huge fan of mint, then you can switch the frosting on these cupcakes so that you have chocolate on chocolate and nothing but chocolate! They even turned out looking adorable! Give it a sniff before using it to make sure it doesn’t have any ‘off’ aroma. I tried these cupcakes and they were amazing! I baked the cupcakes exactly as directed and when I pulled them out of the oven, the middles were saggy. Taste and add more mint extract if it isn't minty enough for you, or powdered sugar if it isn't sweet enough for you. Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan and the author of Simple Vegan Dinner Recipes, a digital program created so that you always know the answer to: 'What's For Dinner?' These vegan chocolate cupcakes are totally irresistible. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas! Delicious Keto Key Lime Cupcakes! Thanks Dylan! Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. It’s just a simple little syringe thing and I actually love it now. Fabulous recipe!

This is usually a article that gies straight for the point , no fluff here . I live in Phoenix, Arizona (hence the blog name!). Can’t wait to try them with the peppermint extract now. And look at my cupcake blog at http://myfabcupcakes.blogspot.com. . These Cookies are the Traditional New Mexican Christmas Cookie however they are made with Whiskey so why not make them in March as well? I’m looking forward to try these! Serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, or in the fridge for 3 days. Make yourself nice things like this becasue you deserve all the nice things. Learn more here. My buttercream came out smooth, minty and a lovely shade of pale pink. I like the Americolor brand the best, but Wilton gel food coloring should work too. This post was originally published in 2012 and recently updated with new photos, weight measurements, and recipe tips. And that healthy frosting contains NO butter or powdered sugar! I really enjoyed making them and my family experienced something new and different and loved it. (113 grams) sour cream or full fat plain yogurt. The frosting I thought was good but not mindblowing– I think I would omit the salt next time, perhaps. I’ve been baking for a while now, and this has never happened to me. I just made these to bring into work tomorrow. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and butter. Can I replace the heavy cream with something? That’s awesome!

They are almost fudgy when they are hot and amazing room temp too. Starting on low speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth. Thank you and bookmarked! Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. This super easy super low carb recipe is too good to share.

The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. I have tried fancier ones but to be honest struggle with the technique of holding the bags properly so prefer the little syringe set ups.

I'm a professionally trained chef, cookbook author, and cookie queen. I don’t remember adding brown sugar or having to chop up a bar of chocolate. I was so excited about these cupcakes after reading all the reviews. A wonderful cupcake :), These cupcakes are AMAZING & come out just as fabulous everytime!! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks again! The batch size gave me 14 cupcakes (whew just enough for my crew), but I will be making these again and doubling it! Add eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla to a standing mixer, and blend, add flour mixture slowly. This is the best cupcake recipe I have ever followed. Spoon the cake batter into the cupcake liners, filling them up halfway. It allows you to use just a small amount for an intense color. I also used spearmint/peppermint extract for the frosting and wish I had done the same for the cupcakes. + cooling.

★☆

maybe boil the leaves in milk or water or something…? I like to buy a bunch of disposable bags (I have ONE super big cloth bag but it is such a pain to clean!) Sweet peppermint cream filling. Rate; Comment; Save; Share. I recently made some mint jelly and discovered I made a bit much. Wow, These cupcakes are just amazing they are looking so beautiful and mouthwatering.

Prep: 2 hours Bake: 20 min. First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then place cupcake liners inside of a cupcake pan. What is thr gel color did you use? I used pure peppermint essential oil instead of the extract and it was wonderful. This is simple and satisfying to make so why not today?

Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip and pipe onto each cupcake.     Privacy Policies.

I still have it and now love it. Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, Vegan Peppermint Cupcakes with Pink Swirl Peppermint Frosting, https://lovingitvegan.com/gluten-free-chocolate-cake-with-chocolate-ganache-frosting/. Preheat the oven to 350°F. They are delicious.

OMG these lookn so amazing i need to try it out!! *I prefer using a good quality extra virgin olive oil in these cupcakes but if you prefer to use a different vegetable oil you can do so. Even learn how to customize your own recipes! I only baked half the batter, and still have half left. Oh dear, dear God…how yummy art thou’s creations! I modified my original Key Lime Cupcake recipe to create this one because it still holds up today.. 2 Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler: Use a double boiler or add an inch or two of water to a medium sized saucepan and place a metal bowl over it, bringing the water to a simmer.