This lasagna was delicious! If you're looking for the best meat lasagna, try our favorite lasagna with meat sauce. Dessert Recipes, 55 Easy and Flavorful Potato Recipes to Try, 36 Insanely Tasty Butternut Squash Recipes.

It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used. I think the result of this recipe really depends on the spaghetti sauce. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Spread 1/3 of the white sauce on top. Dollop with one-third (about 1 cup) of ricotta mixture. The skin of an eggplant is edible but you can peel it if you prefer.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 was more like it.

Heat the oven to 400°F.

Add about a large spoon of red sauce, and spread it evenly over the base of the baking dish. It was really good. Add in some basil leaves and cover with 3 lasagne sheets without any overlap. Added spinach, celery, zucchini, stewed Italian style tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar to the sauce; with the extra liquid it was able to simmer longer so the flavor really developed. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Do not bake. Lasagna Tips + Tricks. You can store leftover lasagna and freeze it in an airtight container.

Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and 2 Tbsp pecorino, cover tightly with an oiled piece of foil (to prevent sticking) and bake 15 minutes. I left out the mushrooms and reduced the amount of mozzarella because of cholesterol consciousness and still the recipe was fantastic. Repeat the layering process until everything has been used. We love it!!! This recipe is just as tasty made in advance and baked for 1/2 the time and refrigerated for up to 3 hours; then cook the other 1/2 time just before you serve it. Healthier Vegetarian Lasagna recipe made with added roasted eggplant, tomato sauce, cheesy white sauce, and then baked to golden perfection. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I topped mine w/ mozzarella instead of parmesan.

Why trust us? I made the mistake of using a generic brand sauce which made this dish only average. Add ricotta, garlic, basil, 1 cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup pecorino and mix to combine. Loosely cover the dish and place into the preheated oven.

I served it to my family and dinner guests. Reheat in the microwave or the oven when ready to eat. This healthy lasagna recipe will satisfy a crowd and will be a family favorite without skipping on flavor! Lasagna sheets can be substituted with gluten-free sheets to make this eggplant lasagna gluten-free! P.S. FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes. Heat oven to 425°F. will make you forget all about meat. You saved Hearty Vegetable Lasagna to your.

Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Also, I loaded up on additional veggies such as chopped spinach as well as shredded zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots.

Spread ½ cup marinara on bottom of 8-inch square baking dish.

It was a hit but the children - some liked it and some didn't. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Served with garlic bread and salad. I made meatballs on the side for an extra but didnt even need them. In a bowl, whisk ricotta and milk. Squeeze spinach of excess moisture and pat broccoli as dry as possible. If after 30 minutes, the top isn’t as golden brown as you’d prefer, you can turn on the broiler and broil for 1-3 minutes. I sauteed all of this & added 1.5 jars of spaghetti sauce (which I doctored up w/ season salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar & fresh basil etc to taste.) They didnt even realize the amount of veggies they were eating.