You came down easy in the end. But as you landed, a piece of you fell off, broke away,And inside, nothing but air. Moves like smoke, Colston,Like saliva in a hungry mouth. If you’re done with paying silly money for tepid coffees and rubbery wraps, here lies your refuge.

I want emails from Lonely Planet with travel and product information, promotions, advertisements, third-party offers, and surveys. The righteous wrench of two ropes in a grand plié. College Green is neighboured by City Hall, a gently curved building housing the local council offices. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, they lodge themselves in the memory and live there a while. Here is College Green, where the cast splayed out and smoked spliffs. Visit Bristol and see Bansky's street art, virtually!

The best weekend breaks from London by train  Visit Bristol and see Bansky's street art, virtually! Vanessa Kisuule, Bristol-based writer and performer, and Bristol City Poet for 2018–2020, introduces us to the sights and people of the city as she sees it. Wise and virtuous, the plaque assured us.Victors wish history odourless and static.But history is a sneaky mistress.

It’s been replaced by Turtle Bay, offering on-the-nose murals of Bob Marley and jerk chicken callously robbed of its kick. But I’ll sit on my grudges until they come for Jason Donervan, the kebab joint that loyally serves dodgy puns and greasy chips. All rights reserved. And this? We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. VANESSA KISUULE POET-WRITER-PERFORMER-BLAG ARTIST. See how many tracksuited entrepreneurs you can spot, rucksacks full of gas canisters and balloons. My second collection 'A Recipe for Sorcery' came out on 30 November 2017. Even if you don’t know much about Bristol, you know the earthy bass of Massive Attack, the itchy ubiquity of Banksy or the mid noughties TV show Skins.

Each bougie building we flaunt haunted by bones.Children learn and titans singUnder the stubborn rust of your name. If you want to see Big Jeff in head banging action you can catch him at the Fleece, where a white square of tape on the scuffed floor marks a front row space to the right of the stage especially reserved for him. My debut collection 'Joyriding Storm' was published by the wonderful Burning Eye Books in 2014. This astonishing poem was written by Vanessa Kisuule, the Bristol City Poet, in June 2020 in response to the destruction of the statue of Edward Colston, a slaver. Now run, skip or roll down one of our many hills. They flit like kingfishers, bright, beautiful and fickle.

x��\�r\��V|9Oq�vkk&e�=��.�d;vlK2em*��"i��DJ��v� ��[���Rr�R�R���F�����g0o�ef|Z���^������nWoV��g�4W�t�Nfa|^�ts:=��W��$��S�ϛ��ezv�NB�yqr� No one likes to disparage gentrification more than us, the inadvertent symptoms of the disease. Years later, I’d sit on that same patch of grass with my own gaggle of chaotic friends. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission. Gloucester Road is a long stretch of street that used to be unsullied by chain stores.