Homophones List! Forgo (to go without, to surrender). Nobody is sure about his fate. Destination (goal). I deprecate the custom of dowry. A large dose of this medicine will cure you of your pain. (healthy). We should not meddle in the affairs of others. Homophones in English is a major part of the vocabulary. (flash of electricity in the clouds). A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same (to varying extent) as another word but differs in meaning. “; c flashing in the sky. Three Forms of the Verb and Tamil Meaning. (to cease to have, to miss).

Metre (unit of length in the metric system). He has dyed his turban green. (a group, or crowd). Heir (one to whom the property, etc.

(making less heavy). My trousers are loose at the waist. Her gait is attractive. Considering this we are providing homophones list and homophones with meaning. After the meal, he served us a delicious dessert. One must have a definite goal in life. He has illicit relations with his neighbour’s wife. Understanding homophones is an essential part of mastering the English language, both for vocabulary building and spelling. He told us a fictitious story.

(an entertainment to raise money). The atmosphere in the garden is fragrant because of flowers. Dye (to colour). (showing wisdom, fair). Don’t trust him. He is heir to his uncle’s property. You should not play foul. An ingenious person is never deceitful. This piece of cloth is four metres long. Her approval was implicit in her silence. The meaning of this statement is explicit. He is a knave. Shubham is an industrious student. (unit of length in the metric system). The judge gave a fair decision. Fictitious (unreal, imaginary). Depreciate (fall in value). (one who comes to settle in a foreign country). A number of fowls died on his poultry farm. You’re about to find out as we take you through the meaning of homophony and the word-based conundrums they cause. The party suffered because of the factious spirit of its members. Homophones: the Most Confusing Words in English (a List with Meanings) When you look at the number of homophones, it’s not difficult to see why so many students get caught out. Illicit (unlawful, forbidden). (to have light and interrupted sleep). (noun = a vast stretch of sand: verb = to forsake or leave). If you don’t take care of your watch, you will lose it. A horde of people took out a procession through the city. I am ignorant of judicial procedure. 101 English homophones with examples. Naive (innocent, impractical). (i) Sahara is a big desert.

A number of miners were killed in the accident. Ile took a large draught of whisky. I found him dozing in the chair. There was a violent irruption of people at the Kumbh Mela. Affect (verb=to influence).The policies of the government will affect the whole country. So Enjoy these homophones exercises to enrich your vocabulary-. Verb browse results (Page 1 of 4) No Word Tamil; 1: Absolute (bird, like chicken). Gold is a precious metal. The railway fares have been increased. He won a gold medal in swimming. Common Homophones List.

Mane (the long hair on the neck of a horse, lion, etc.). (sudden rush of people). Only men of mettle can win a war. Especially (on purpose).

Mettle (spirit or courage). It is man’s destiny to suffer. Lightning (flash of electricity in the clouds). Fare (the price of a journey). The meaning of this statement is explicit. Eruption (sudden burst; sudden throwing up of lava). Your handwriting is illegible. In my imagination, I saw a lion. Gambol (to jump playfully). (concerning industry). Download the above Homophones  List in PDF (Printable). Our electricity meter is faulty. (to extract or draw out).

His uncle died in a road accident. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In the past armed duels in the streets were very common. In my imagination, I saw a lion. (a piece of metal given as an award).

is bequeathed). 11 & 12, Modal Verb Rules, Exercises and Worksheets No. Gold is a precious metal. (i) The cinema has a lot of effect on the children of today. (hinged movable barrier). Doze (to have light and interrupted sleep). He wanted my advice, especially on the stock market.

(to amass). (particularly, above all). Immigrant (one who comes to settle in a foreign country). (destination).

Miner (one who works in a mine). (qualified). I tried my best but could not elicit any information from him. (to colour). Assessment of Speaking and Listening (ASL), Modal Verb Rules, Exercises and Worksheets No. (gold, silver, iron, etc.). Homophones in English is a major part of the vocabulary. medianet_width="336";medianet_height="280";medianet_crid="381274182" (their cover of a wound, etc.). He is a minor actor. (adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({}). In this list of English homophones, you … Heel (the back part of the foot). The following list of 70 homophone pairs contains only the most common homophones, using relatively well-known words. (the price of a journey). He has a naive simplicity. Ingenious (open and frank). 9 & 10, Homophones pair Examples & List with Meaning No.- 5. Horde (a group, or crowd). You are eligible for the post of a teacher. The grass was covered with dew. (sudden burst; sudden throwing up of lava).

(adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({}). (understood implied). Lose (to cease to have, to miss). (destiny). He lost a lot of money in gambling. 2.Destiny destiny (fate). “; c flashing in the sky. He reached his destination with great difficulty. A number of miners were killed in the accident. I met him at the gate of the building. He has a naive simplicity. If you don’t take care of your watch, you will lose it. Dessert (course of fruit, sweet dishes, etc.). (the manner of a person’s walk). The children are gambolling in the street. The value of the rupee has greatly depreciated. (innocent, impractical). (fall in value). These homophones examples are really going to help you to learn correct homophones meaning. An ingenious person is never deceitful. Fragrant (having a sweet smell). I have not vet paid the college dues.

(unlawful, forbidden). In India, we find flagrant misuse of official power. medianet_versionId="3111299". (ii) We should not desert our friends in case of difficulty. Gait (the manner of a person’s walk). List of Homophones with Tamil Meaning. (spirit or courage). (a quantity of liquid). One must have a definite goal in life. (an instrument for measuring). These are for all levels yet these can be said to be the homophones for kids because these homophones worksheets are like homophones games. Imagination (forming of images in the mind). Fete (an entertainment to raise money). I have come specially to see you. But what exactly is a homophone, I hear you ask? (clever or skilful). Only men of mettle can win a war. Illegible (which can not be read). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

Considering this we are providing homophones list and homophones with meaning. He is old, yet he is hale and hearty. The number of emigrants to western countries is increasing. (to risk money on a game, etc.).

(to jump playfully). Duel (combat or fight between two people). (a. frozen rain; b. to greet somebody from a distance). (clear). (to expire). (a dishonest person). He tamed the horse by holding it by the mane. (open, obvious — used in a bad sense). (to go without, to surrender). (hard working). List of Common Homophones in English! He decided to forgo a number of comforts in order to give his son a higher education. (disloyal or turbulent). A volcanic eruption took place yesterday. The students or gained a fete to collect money for the relief fund. The children are gambolling in the street. (One who leaves his country to settle in another). (thread-like strand growing from the skin).

Learn how your comment data is processed. (slack, one which is not tight). , censure).

Homophones in English is a major part of the vocabulary.Considering this we are providing homophones list and homophones with meaning.These homophones examples are really going to help you to learn correct homophones meaning.These are for all levels yet these can be said to be the homophones for kids because these homophones worksheets are like homophones games.

Hale (healthy). (one to whom the property, etc. the lie has hoarded a lot of money. is bequeathed). Her gait is attractive. combat or fight between two people).

(having a sweet smell). Homophones are words that sound the same as another word but have a different meaning, and often a different spelling. (on purpose). When Fatimah entered the village, it started raining and the drought ended. He makes a judicious choice of clothes.

In the past armed duels in the streets were very common. (open and frank). (pertaining to a judge or a court). (forming of images in the mind). A volcanic eruption took place yesterday. (beautiful, just). This piece of cloth is four metres long. Drought (lack of rain). When Fatimah entered the village, it started raining and the drought ended. (unfair, disgusting).

(goal).

His hair has turned grey.

The immigrants from Bangla Desh were settled in Bengal. Your handwriting is illegible. I have not vet paid the college dues. Homophones are pairs of words that sound the same, but have distinctly different meanings and different spellings. (course of fruit, sweet dishes, etc.). A horde of people took out a procession through the city.

Considering this we are providing homophones list and homophones with meaning.These homophones examples are really going to help you to learn correct homophones meaning.These are for all levels yet these can be said to be the homophones for kids because these homophones worksheets are like homophones games. 9 & 10, Homophones pair Examples & List with Meaning No.- 4.

I have come specially to see you. He has dyed his turban green. Explicit (clear). He decided to forgo a number of comforts in order to give his son a higher education. The railway fares have been increased.

Assessment of Speaking and Listening (ASL), Modal Verb Rules, Exercises and Worksheets No. (two-fold, of double significance). Industrious (hard working). These homophones examples are really going to help you to learn correct homophones meaning. He is heir to his uncle’s property. You can find this information on the foregoing pages.

This lesson provides a list of common homophones in English for students who want to master their English. He has illicit relations with his neighbour’s wife. His wound has now healed. These are headwords only. He tamed the horse by holding it by the mane. Sonic countries have a system of dual citizenship. Learn how your comment data is processed. He fell down and injured his heel. He makes a judicious choice of clothes. Judicious (showing wisdom, fair). Goal (destination). medianet_width="336";medianet_height="280";medianet_crid="572888544" 11 & 12, Modal Verb Rules, Exercises and Worksheets No. Let’s take a look at some homophones! (the amount payable). The government should make efforts to lightening the load of people’s poverty. After the meal, he served us a delicious dessert. Due (the amount payable). Meddle (interfere). medianet_versionId="3111299".