Mix to combine. Moist and flavorful.

I don’t think it’s a common thing to put honey on fried chicken with the exception of in the south. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. (Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, but overnight is best.

Back to Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breasts. Transfer chicken to a cooling rack; allow to cool for 5 minutes. Using your other, "dry" hand, bury the chicken and press flour into all sides, packing tightly to form large clumps of flour coating each piece. Although an overnight brine is ideal, if you need fried chicken on the fly, increase the kosher salt to 5 teaspoons (20g) and marinate for two to four hours. :-). Set aside.

Are you making this recipe? We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. Stir the honey and vinegar together and pour over the chicken. One of THE best fried chicken recipe that I have seen to date. I just made this meal and cannot find the words to describe how delicious it was. Unless you have cooked a lot in your lifetime, like I have, I would highly encourage you to get a meat thermometer. This worked perfectly. Cover or seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Add a rating: Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient!

Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 3-5 minutes.

Smells so good while cooking. Since McKenna has given up on her vegetarian diet, there’s even more opportunity for me to have fried chicken now, because she loves it too. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe.

IF you cut back on the salt there is no real need to brine it so don't bother. Place the bag into a large bowl and keep refrigerated until ready to cook. Combine flour, black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. 5 stars! Our kitchen did not come equipped with an over-the-stove exhaust, so making deep fried foods results in a very strong oil smell for days afterwards, no matter how many scented candles I burn. I love fried chicken, but in most cases, I let someone else do the work for me. These giant cookies aren't for the faint of heart. Do not place the pieces so close that the touch. I made minor adjustments based on reading all the reviews.

Share it with your friends! Can't wait to make it myself now! Serves 2.

It makes cooking them easier and it helps cut the portion size down. We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It’s so much easier to do. Follow me on social media: FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST, Your email address will not be published. I can literally feel the crunchiness of this chicken just from looking at these images. You saved Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breasts to your. It's also no coincidence that this recipe, when made alongside Stella's buttermilk waffle recipe, uses exactly one quart of buttermilk in total. If you see something not so nice, please, report an inappropriate comment. This is definitely a keeper! She had spent the weekend with her Aunt. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, then add the buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the salt, 1 tablespoon of the pepper and 1 teaspoon of the paprika. I followed exactly with the exception of substituting half-and-half for the buttermilk (I had some I wanted to use up).

Third time to make it. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Back in the day when my stomach could tolerate Kentucky Fried Chicken, I would often eat it with honey drizzled on top. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Delicious!

I liked how it was crunchy, but not super oily. It’s completely addictive! Amount is based on available nutrient data.

Thank you for sharing! Baking chicken in the oven with a crispy, crunching skin can be a little scary. Highly recommended, DEFINATELY 5/5. This was my very first attempt at fried chicken and it was phenomenal! But, I did it anyway. For example, I used panko because I love using panko for anything I’m breading. Your email address will not be published.

Regardless this was VERY good and went well with the carrots and dinner rolls we had with it.