It made thin drizzle icing which is what I was going for. Can we add cornflour instead of baking soda to thicken the milk?

Looking to make the best desserts ever? Perfect. I hope you enjoy this! Thank you very very much. If so, how were the results? I have tested and loved using almond, cashew and even oat milk as a dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. Milk made recipe I’ll try soon. Margarine usually contains more water than butter. Condensed milk typically has a thick, syrupy consistency, but if your homemade condensed milk is too thick to pour easily, add another spoonful or two of boiling water and blend to incorporate. CeeCee, I’m sorry this has not reduced for you.

Subscribe to get daily ideas on meals. The 14 oz is the weight of the can. Yes, it is, Maria.

Thanks!

I hope you enjoy, Demi.

Whisking often, bring to a low simmer. Hi there.

Hi Maria I have used 1 liter milk and 1 cup sugar to make condense milk as written in the recipe box below.

Where condense milk is used? Do I pour into the Mason jar right after and put in fridge? Wondering what to cook today? ..where I share sweet, savory and southern recipes, as well as home and garden tips and tidbits of travel.

Continue to simmer, whisking often, until milk has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. To verify, just follow the link in the message, Copyright 2020 Bennett coleman and co. ltd.All rights reserved.The Times of India. Hi Mona,

Once mixed, lower the flame and simmer the milk for a 2-3 minutes, until sugar is dissolved completely.

Hope you enjoy this recipe, Billie.

c.1997, M.S. Thanks, Sue. The butter seems to settle on top when I add it after I remove from heat. Thank You.

Evaporated milk is boiled milk with no water and no sugar whereas the condensed milk is sweet because it has sugar. Awesome!

That way, it removes any guesswork from using this homemade recipe in place of the standard can from the grocery store. You can make almost endless things with this one ingredient. I cooked a bit longer, retested until just right. https://werecipes.com/condensed-milk-recipe-homemade-milkmaid

Hope this helps! I’m so glad you tried this recipe and loved it, Carol. So I ploughing ahead with the three ingredient recipe…..fingers crossed the condensed milk contribution works!

xo. sweetener – use your favorite sweetener here. Why did you add salted butter and vanilla?

Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thanks so much! This should also eliminate the foam on top.

This should reduce down to 1 1/4 cups, Bev. You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe, Savita, or can even omit it you wish. Unfortunately, I was one can of sweetened condensed milk short.

Hello parmilla you can use the milk what you get in your place.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the evaporated milk with the sugar. You can put it back on the heat until it thickens.

Also you can store the condensed milk in an air tight container and keep it in refrigerator for 25 to 30 days. First you have to know the difference between condensed and evaporated milk.