Is Puerto Vallarta Dangerous? I have even written about safety in Mexico in general on this detailed guide that you might appreciate as well. Learn how your comment data is processed. The climate is tropical humid.

Bring bug spray for the evenings, and always wear sunscreen during the day. The comparative analysis figures for 2011 are taken directly from the TDA report. Jose the bell boy always giving us a…. Puerto Vallarta and the southern part of Nayarit are on central time, whereas north of Guayabitos and San Blas are on a Mountain time. What are the best areas to stay in Puerto Vallarta?

A very important topic which I like to emphasize is NEVER EVER even think about driving and drinking or driving drunk. (Uber is 140, so if you have data on your phone, it is definitely more convenient). As you envision your Puerto Vallarta vacation, hammocks strung up between palm trees and icy margaritas dance through your dreams. Puerto Vallarta, called PV by the locals, is a touristic city in the state of Jalisco, Mexico, located on the west coast in the middle of the huge bay of Banderas, actually one of the largest in the country which extends all the way to the state of Nayarit up north and the state of Jalisco in the south. The food was good my room was ocean front and very nice also.Activities team Monse,…, Super clean great place to vacationRoom are bigEvery one is so niceThe grounds and pool are very well maintainedSpa is fantasticWalking distance to malls shops and diningBus stop right out front to go…, My inlaws and I spent a week at the lovely villa del palmar resort in Puerto vallarta and we all had a great time! Some offices typically close from 2 to 4 and reopen till 7 or 8 pm. It is also common practice to tip bellboys, taxis, waiters, maids but that depends always on service. While there are no official Puerto Vallarta warnings from the US government, any place can become dangerous in today’s world. All of us, no matter what country we live in, can be a victim of crime in our own neighborhoods, our hometowns, or abroad.

Well known as a safe place to travel for tourists visiting from around the globe, Puerto Vallarta is protected by local, state, and federal police forces who are dedicated to ensuring it is safe. Check in was quick, rooms are big and clean and the staff very friendly and eager to help. The more difficult to reach them the better they are, usually. And welcome to Boundless Roads! With all the recent media hype about the drug wars along the US/Mexico border, new travelers to Puerto Vallarta want to know: Is Puerto Vallarta Safe?

will help you experience the safety that government officials have noted in the coastal town. If Puerto Vallarta’s safety is your concern, as it should be, this post is what you need to read before reading about the amazing things to do to Puerto Vallarta. Where can I exchange money in Puerto Vallarta? Reading news about safety will let you know if there’s been an increase in local crime, new travel warnings, or even natural disasters that could sink your travel plans. Check out my brand new site Let’s travel to Mexico. We LOVED this place.

Heeding these Puerto Vallarta warnings will help you experience the safety that government officials have noted in the coastal town. The city has become one of the hottest destinations in Mexico for LGBT travelers, and the city welcomes visitors regardless of gender, sexuality, religion, or race. For the 6th year, this May 25th, 2018, they have celebrations all over the city center with parades, concerts, and shows. I have read from some Reddit pages that it is a relatively safe place but the pages are a little bit outdated. There are many check stops, especially on the weekend but regardless, this is something you don’t want to do at home, let alone in a foreign country. However, most of this is limited to local break-ins and the occasional drunken brawl late at night. to help you stay away from local crime is to stick to the tourist areas along the main road unless you’re with a trusted tour company, especially late at night. Stay up to date on news about safety in town, and check with your hotel’s concierge before traveling to an unfamiliar area of Puerto Vallarta. in town, and check with your hotel’s concierge before traveling to an unfamiliar area of Puerto Vallarta.

Mexico Exchange Rate / Currency Converter, Emergency Phone Numbers / Dialing Instructions, PUERTO VALLARTA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: BUSES, The People of Puerto Vallarta and Banderas Bay, Puerto Vallarta beach rules under Covid-19. Just employ good common sense and situational awareness during your Mexico vacation, the same as you would anywhere.

These tips will help you avoid danger and theft as you travel in Puerto Vallarta or anywhere else in the world. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

The report also praised Puerto Vallarta for having 2 police officers for every 1000 persons, twice the Mexico national average for number of policemen. These are Puerto Vallarta’s many large public buses, taxis and vehicles that barrel through the streets at fast speeds. Here is my useful guide on the best hotels in Puerto Vallarta. This is Isabella, a serious case of wanderlust! Practicing common sense and following these safety tips will keep you out of harm's way so that you’re mind is free to focus on soaking up the gorgeous views of paradise and spending time with those you love on vacation. What are the business hours in Puerto Vallarta? In Boundless Roads I share travel stories and practical information about the places I visit and the nomadic lifestyle. No one wants their vacation in paradise sidelined by anxiety or fears about. I have even written about safety in Mexico in general on this detailed guide that you might appreciate as well. There are many boutique hotels here, which is what I always prefer.

In 2011 and again in 2012, the Puerto Vallarta Tourist Board hired prestigious global investigative security firm Thomas Dale and Associates (TDA) to provide a comprehensive “Tourist Threat Vulnerability Assessment,” investigating and assessing the safety and security of the entire municipality. It’s good to stay hydrated in such hot climate. There are fixed prices from the Airport and from the Marina. isn’t something just for locals to do. What is the best time to travel to Puerto Vallarta.

This means that if you make a purchase through one of my links, I receive a small percentage. Also remember that the city cab, yellow colored, charge by the ride and not by the passenger.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Great location, close to Malecon and other shopping, This was my 1st visit. , or even natural disasters that could sink your travel plans.

A taxi from the center to the Airport or the “Central de autobuses” is instead 200 ( Uber 110). However, most of this is limited to local break-ins and the occasional drunken brawl late at night. Avoid being targeted by pickpockets by stowing flashy jewelry or designer bags in your resort before going out. Never swim by yourself, or without being under the supervision of a trained lifeguard. Tipping is usually around 10 to 15%  in restaurants and bars and although it is not mandatory it’s always expected. One of the Puerto Vallarta warnings to help you stay away from local crime is to stick to the tourist areas along the main road unless you’re with a trusted tour company, especially late at night. This enables the Puerto Vallarta police department to provide extra security in the tourist zones and have officers available to assist visitors. As I was mentioning here above, a little common sense is the basis of safety. Banks always offer a better rate than any money exchange office but, oddly enough, if you change at the airport you can get an even better deal. The best vegan restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. The hospitality, was great…, We stayed here for 5 night-6 days. The food was great, drinks were delish and the views are beautiful. Other dangers around Banderas Bay involve swimming. The closest dangerous neighborhood is hours away. You can unsubscribe at any time. For the most part, the tourist zone along the beach and main road are well patrolled by police officers, and you’ll feel safe walking around the traditional Romantic Zone or along the Malecon where plenty of other people are out and about.

Yet San Diego, CA is right on the US/Mexico border.

This gives a feeling of comfort to those who have questions about safety in Mexico and a warning to those who are out and up to no good. Simply stated: Yes! There is no vaccine against those diseases, therefore, you need to protect yourself with repellent and long sleeves and trousers during the night. The average temperature is around 28 C (82F).

Good food, great drinks and a very friendly and helpful staff! Great place to vacation, as a couple or as a family. As you go further inland from the beach, you’ll encounter more of the Puerto Vallarta dangerous streets where local crime may take place.

Keeping up to date with news about safety in Puerto Vallarta isn’t something just for locals to do. Their report included the fact that Puerto Vallarta, Mexico has three state-of-the-art medical facilities with trauma centers. Our concierge Erma did so much to ensure our entire experience was unforgettable and the in house manager Diego…, I had a great time here at Villa Del Palmar the activity coordinators were great! However you can find rain all through the year and sun too.

Looking forward to coming back, Great location, outstanding staff- Diego is very knowledgeable, professional and a very nice person: Jose is simply the best bellman ever: Claudia is always extremely helpful and accessible: and…, This a great location, we come twice a year and as members we feel proud of the staff that you have. The firm’s study focused on the tourist visitor who has concerns about relative safety. Besides the high fine, you will be taken to jail and left there for a while and the vehicle impounded. Most American expats report that they feel much safer here in Mexico than they did when living or traveling within the United States. Is Puerto Vallarta safe? Due to the fact that Puerto Vallarta is such an in-demand area for tourism, the safety of the city is something that the local officials have long focused on.